todays news

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[17-03-2006] The Camelot Reporter

This week's news contains information that many of you have been waiting for : the release date of the next version on our servers. The move to version 1.82 is now imminent, and to allow you to save time, we propose that you download a part of the update now.
You can find other news of course, and especially for our Troll friends who benefit from a quest designed just for them. You will also find the different variations of the /release command that you can use in this weeks Tip of the Week.

Move onto version 1.82
The news many of you have been waiting for is finally here. As tests stand at present, we estimate that we will be able to release version 1.82 during the last week of March. This is of course only an estimation but the most delicate testing stages are now over and, while it still remains a possibility it is not likely that a bug we might discover in the last testing stages would oblige us to postpone the release.

In order to allow you to save time by benefiting from faster download speeds we propose that you download the biggest part of the update files of the coming version. You just have to go to the 'Downloads' page of the website, then click on 'Update' and then click on the link that corresponds to your version of the game.
Save the update software on your computer and launch it the day of the release of the new version before logging onto the servers when they reopen. This will install the files in your game directory. Of course, do not install them before the release of version 1.82 because you would not only lose the advantages granted by this pre-download - you would have to download the complete patch the day of the release - but your client would re-download the update files of the current version to enable you play in version 1.80.

We also would like to remind you that this is not the complete update for version 1.82. During the move to version 1.80 some people had the feeling that the download they ran before the release of the version was useless because they downloaded another batch of files at their first connection to the server in version 1.80. This was absolutely normal. Just think that what you download in advance is subtracted from the final update.
If you play with Darkness Rising for instance, the size of the file you can download now is about 62 MB. We estimate that there will be around 10 MB left to download the day of the release of version 1.82. Which means that if you wait the release day to run your update without downloading a part of it in advance, you will have to download 72 MB at the same time as the other latecomers who will try to do it, whereas those who will use the file put at your disposal this week will be able to play after only a 10 MB download.

The Novelties
Here are the main new features of version 1.81 ; we will review those coming with version 1.82 next week :

- Warriors, Heroes and Armsmen benefit from significant improvements.
- Enhanced cures have been added to the primary healing line of the Druids, Healers and Clerics.
- There are now more ways to earn Realm points : with most forms of healing, by stunning or mesmerizing characters in RvR combats, by destroying or repairing strongholds. Furthermore, if a character dies and that enemies he injured are killed before he releases, he will continue to gain Realm points for their death. Finally, all damage inflicted to the primary pet of a character will now give realm point credit on the pet's owner as well.
- The Master Level requirements for entering the Halls of Ma'ati have been removed. The Master Level required to enter Deep Volcanus is now Master Level 1 and Master Level 3 to enter Aerus City.
- The locked versions of all artefacts will no longer be obtained during the encounters. To receive an activated artefact, it will only be necessary to have the corresponding encounter credit and the scrolls. The characters can sell the existing versions of the non activated artefacts to any merchant or trade them for the complete story of the corresponding artefact by an Artifact Scholar in the Hall of Heroes.
- The location requirements for levelling artefacts have been removed.
- Many artefacts now level at a faster rate.
- There are no rare scrolls anymore.
- Several encounters have been made less difficult by adjusting spawn numbers, monster levels and resistance, object hit points, etc.
- There are no more monsters linked to an artefact encounter that will spawn less than twice a day.
- The Realm Rank cap of each Battlegound has been increased. For instance, a 3L9 character can still enter Leirvik - it will be possible to gain RR 4L0 and to stay in the Battleground, at the condition not to leave it.
- The /xpoff command has been added, for those who don't want to gain experience in order to be able to stay in the Battlegrounds as long as they wish.
- Line of sight issues have been improved for all bridges in New Frontiers. These changes also address many of the 'cast through walls' issues that Bainshees have on bridges. - The villages of Cotswold, Mag Mell and Mularn have been completely rebuild (over the two versions)
- We introduced new quests that enable to receive three different recall stones that will allow characters to individually teleport to various locations (bindstone, house, and guild house).
- New teleporters have been added in the villages of the Avalon Isle, HyBrasil and Aegirhamn. - The /autoloot command has been added for those (like me) who don't want to bend down to pick up their loot.
- Tool tips for inventory items will now display more detailed information.
- The Realm ranks have been extended to 13L0 (66.181.501 Realm points)
- Lilith the Demon Queen has stirred from her slumber and will sometimes answer the call of her children when provoked.
- A slight change has been implemented in the Darkness Rising control system since a Realm that loses its access to Darkness Falls will be able to enter them 15 minutes after the adversary has taken the last tower.

We will review the novelties of version 1.82 next week.

Update of the Roll of Honour
Everything is now in order in the Roll of Honour. The interface now includes Glastonbury and Salisbury since the beginning of the week. The place of the relics on these servers is now exact and all information is now accurate.

Taryx, new Community Manager
We welcome Taryx, who has arrived to reinforce the English team and whom you will meet on your servers. Like the rest of the team, she is very friendly... except with cheaters…

Necyomancer Artefact
In spite of their recent discomfiture with the seizure of power by the Infernalists in Darkness Falls, the Necyomancers remain active and you will find next week a level 9 recipe for Cyvelar's artefact. All details will be published in the next Reporter.

Fixes of the week
- The ablative aura of the Champion Ability : Suppress Wounds now works properly.
- The Quickness bonus of the Rucksack of Eternal Greed has been activated.
- Shraogh can no longer be charmed.

"Troll spoca troll", a new GOA quest
"Dear me ! I have never heard such nonsense before ! It's worse than trying to teach a drunken dwarf how to behave ! But what are those two telling each other ? The Trolls, in Mularn ! They speak a strange language ! And when I say language I'm being very friendly ! Noise, just noise ! They speak in grunts, as if we have time for that !"

"Om ne grabok. Troll gra !"

"What ?"

"He says that only the Trolls can understand."

"You understand him ?"

"Only this sentence, he just keeps on repeating it."

"This doesn't get me anywhere !"

"It doesn't matter, only the Trolls can understand. It's one of their Shamans ; he keeps the knowledge of the ancient ones so that it does not get forgotten. »

A new quest is available in Mularn for the Trolls of level 5 or above. This repeatable quest will enable you learn the basics of Azcaz, the Troll language. It is fully written in this language, and you will be able to do this quest again to perfect your understanding in this first step of learning the language.
We won't give anymore information, except perhaps that it mainly concerns the curious and those who like to be in-character, and also that due to technical restrictions this quests is reserved for those who play in Catacombs or Darkness Rising versions.

The Tip of the Week
The /release> command
With version 1.80 a new and very useful command appears that many players seem to don't know given the huge number of graves we can see by the entrances of some instances. You know that when your character dies you have to wait 10 minutes, hoping you someone will resurrect you, or click on the Release button, which has the same function as typing /release. This brings you back by the Bindstone you are bound to, which is not always handy. If your character dies in an instanced zone, you can use the new /release entrance command that brings you back at the entrance of the instance. This enables you to retrieve your grave immediately and also to go immediately back into the instance before it is reset. That allows you to continue where your character died.
If you have a Bindstone in your house - a personal or guild house - and that you're bound to it, you can be brought back to this house after each death by typing the /release house command instead of clicking on the Release button.
And last, if you play on Camlann, there is a special command that allows you to be brought back to the Capital City of your original Realm where you will be safe, it's the /release city command.
Don't forget that at each death your character loses constitution points and that it is recommended to go and see a healer regularly in order to retrieve it…

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

:m00:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
WAAA WAAA WAA GOA R TEH SUXXOR U HAAV RUINED OUR LIEVS!!!11one11!!!

Well, every time there's a post about the live date of a patch someone says something like that so I thought I'd save them the trouble of whining.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
[17-03-2006] The Camelot Reporter
The Tip of the Week
The /release> command
i laughed when i saw that , jsut in the back of my mind :how many ppl can be dead for 4 years and not release ? :<

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Happened to me once when I first started - took me 4mnths just to figure out /release - thats why it took me soooo long to get to lvl 2 ..honest :)

~edit~

Never died since though so handy for them to remind me just in case it did happen again!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
Never died since though so handy for them to remind me just in case it did happen again!
Pfff, you mean they put it on a button so you never typed the command ;)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Nah they aint built a mob or realm that can pwn me yet :)

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
I must say im impressed by GOA. They realised many people have been looking forward this patch and they deliver it fast, good work! :worthy:

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Is it only me who's bothered by the fact that they keep calling it "artefacts"? :)

I thought it was spelled artifact?!

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Ozilia said:
Is it only me who's bothered by the fact that they keep calling it "artefacts"? :)

well...goa is based in france isnt it?? :p
an no not bein racist...just fuckin...an plus it would be kinda funny for me to be serious about it cos go back to just before the french revolution...an my family are there....an my last name is french....but the internet system they have is the suckage!

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Ozilia said:

It's actually kinda bothering, makes me think they're messing with us. :p

Anyway if we shall believe the words of those news, we will have 1.82 in about 2 weeks! I've never ever seen a patch come that quickly to Europe before, we actually just got the last patch, they totally skipped the 4 months waiting time! \o/

Also I found that 1.81 summary excellent, so I can spend less time quick-re-reading the 1.81 patch notes when it comes. Might actually even skip it as it's not long I go I read them and they were all fresh in US. This is very unusual, normally the patch is so ancient when it hits Europe that the notes are long since forgotten. Good job, Goa. :D

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Very very nice AND kewl that the whiners who said something like "omgodzorz 00o0rs now we never get 1.81 oO!!111!!", now got slapped down by goa ;)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I think for once we should all send GOA Thank you cards tbh - the amount of grief they get - especially on FH - but they have delivered this one ultra quick !(assuming we now don't have a 6mnth wait :) and once its in the servers don't crash and delete everyones char's and they lose the backup files)

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
so.. this is the first time EU and US servers will have the same patch live? :)

a step in the right direction while still having the yanks betatest patches for us :D

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Rather they tested patches on yanks than animals :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Fenderon said:
so.. this is the first time EU and US servers will have the same patch live? :)

a step in the right direction while still having the yanks betatest patches for us :D
Indeed. This will be one of the best patches I've seen yet...

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
w00t that is a fast delivery !

now can goa cure my hangover? (damn irish)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
in my opinion they (GOA) should have released 1.81 when DR came out -but they chose to wait for 1.82

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom