Today I ....

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
....got familiar with the track in this...

Scooby.jpg

...so that I could rag the arse out of this....

Lambo.jpg

..like this..

Low Res taken with Stills Camera

*Grins*

Chilly

Balls of steel
you absolute bastard. How was it? Did you kill anyone? :D

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
T'was fun.
Few laps with a few in and instructor driving, thats not me you can see in the back. Then 3 laps in the Scooby with me driving, instructor doing his job. Then into the Lambo for 4 laps with the instructor in the passenger seat. They didn't once use the words "slow" or "down". In the short vid that's me driving and going over that crest I'm doing about 125mph about to brake for a 90mph right hander.
The Lambo was easier and much nicer to drive than the Scooby. If I had the money I would be placing an order now, it's a car you could easily use every day. Although rear visibility isn't great :)

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
nath said:
How much was it then?

£150, was a "Red Letter Day" pressie off the Missus ages ago, only just got round to going though. The company that run it are Everyman, they have all kinds of stuff. These looked pretty all in a row.....

3astons.jpg

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Very nice :) looks like good fun, I do love the look of those DB9's though.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
~Yuckfou~ said:
The company that run it are Everyman, they have all

They're a good company, I did the Rally Day (Gold Course) with them a couple of years ago - was a great laugh and well worth it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Did you get instructions on how to post on the Petrolheads forum with it ? ;)

Looks immense Yuck, i've been meaning to get round to doing a Ferarri track day for a while. Big fan of the lambo.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Big G said:
Did you get instructions on how to post on the Petrolheads forum with it ? ;)

Looks immense Yuck, i've been meaning to get round to doing a Ferarri track day for a while. Big fan of the lambo.

There's a petrolheads forum? :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dukat said:
Very nice :) looks like good fun, I do love the look of those DB9's though.

The closest one in the pic is a V8 vantage. Which kind of proves the design isn't quite distinct enough.

I've done the same trackday; 'twas ace. Damn those lottery numbers...

old.user4556

DaGaffer said:
Which kind of proves the design isn't quite distinct enough.

True Gaff, but would you agree that the V8 is unmistakably Aston? I think it only really matters to us Petrolheads that the Vantage isn't really new in design - imagine shelling £170k on a Vanquish S only for some non-car interested person to say "oh.. is that the new Vantage you have?". Hnng!!

I think to joe average, it's an Aston design and that's what matters when it comes to identification - but to enthusiasts like you and me, then yes; it's not quite anything new to press our petrol buttons.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
How did you like the lambo, personally I found it quite unbalenced with the back being abit heavy

old.user4556

The weight is meant to be slightly rear biased for optimum balance, braking and control.

DaGaffer

Big G said:
True Gaff, but would you agree that the V8 is unmistakably Aston? I think it only really matters to us Petrolheads that the Vantage isn't really new in design - imagine shelling £170k on a Vanquish S only for some non-car interested person to say "oh.. is that the new Vantage you have?". Hnng!!

I think to joe average, it's an Aston design and that's what matters when it comes to identification - but to enthusiasts like you and me, then yes; it's not quite anything new to press our petrol buttons.

Oh, it's still all Aston and a thoroughly gorgeous car (unlike you, I'd have it over an M6 :)), but it would have been nice to see the Vantage have slightly more of an identity of its own. On a side note, I saw a new XK8 yesterday, in white (!); and I have to say it looked terrific. Everyone's been slagging it for its similarity to Aston designs but it's actually very different.

confused said:
How did you like the lambo, personally I found it quite unbalenced with the back being abit heavy

Didn't find the Gallardo to be particularly unbalanced. It felt..."meatier" than other mid-engined cars I've driven, less likely to break away at the back suddenly, although I suppose that could be down to the 4WD rather than inherent balance; I don't have that much experience of 4WD cars to judge.

If those bloody lottery numbers did come up :rolleyes: I don't know if I'd have an Aston or a Gallardo tbh (I don't think I'd have a Ferrari).

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I drove that Scooby first and to be honest didn't like it at all. Fine for a track day tool but I think I'd soon get pissed of with it in the real world.
The Gallardo was without a doubt the easiest fast car I've ever driven. I like to think I was going pretty quick, but that was because the car was so "planted" and inspired confidence. I've always been a fan of Lambos, as "meaty" cars, I had the Countach poster on my wall as a kid. This one is a car you could use every day though without too many problems. The paddle gearbox works nicely, unlike the one in Mrs Yucks C2. Another 100bhp or so wouldn't go amiss though, in the Lambo not the C2!
Ferraris are lovely cars, and of course would love to own one but they are a little too softcore looking for me. The Lambo looks like it is made to go quickly, not just be parked outside some winebar. I wouldn't have that yellow colour though :)
*checks last nights lottery numbers*

Dukat

Resident Freddy
DaGaffer said:
The closest one in the pic is a V8 vantage. Which kind of proves the design isn't quite distinct enough.

Ahh yea have to admit i didnt notice the difference, upon closer inspection the differences look more obvious.

I agree its a little bit too similar to the vanquish.

I have to admit I'm not a 'petrolhead' like a lot of people posting here, solely on a looks alone I'd say the vanquish looks the more sportier of the two, not sure why but the vantage looks a more little like a standard 'road car' than the vanquish.

I like the aston martin look though, always been a fan of them :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Does the Lambo feel like a VAG car, or an Italian car?

DaGaffer

Tom said:
Does the Lambo feel like a VAG car, or an Italian car?

Personally, it still felt more Italian than German. I thought the interior was a bit Germanic but it didn't feel German. Maybe it was the noise. Definitely not German.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
DaGaffer said:
If those bloody lottery numbers did come up :rolleyes: I don't know if I'd have an Aston or a Gallardo tbh (I don't think I'd have a Ferrari).
Go for the Baby Aston, you know you want one :D

DaGaffer said:
Personally, it still felt more Italian than German. I thought the interior was a bit Germanic but it didn't feel German. Maybe it was the noise. Definitely not German.
If you woke up in one, first glance you'd think it was a volvo...

old.user4556

A Jag in Drag?

Dunno, Gallardo does it for me the more i look at it - there is something about it. V8 Vantage is a bit "couldn't afford a DB9", a bit like the Boxster to the 911. Still, wouldn't say no :).

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Big G said:
A Jag in Drag?

Dunno, Gallardo does it for me the more i look at it - there is something about it. V8 Vantage is a bit "couldn't afford a DB9", a bit like the Boxster to the 911. Still, wouldn't say no :).
The amv8 is far superior to the DB9... just listen to the sound... and please don't insult them by comparing to Porche.... just nasty

Also if you do like the look of the Gallardo, then you'll also like the look of the Zonda - F which in my mind i'd probably sell the house and morgage the kids for... but there ya go :p

old.user4556

I'm sure there are many who would disagree, but each to their own.

I never compared them to a Porsche, but Carrera 4S would be above a V8 Vantage on my shopping list.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Big G said:
I'm sure there are many who would disagree, but each to their own.

I never compared them to a Porsche, but Carrera 4S would be above a V8 Vantage on my shopping list.
then you are very missguided :p

DaGaffer

confused said:
The amv8 is far superior to the DB9... just listen to the sound... and please don't insult them by comparing to Porche.... just nasty

Also if you do like the look of the Gallardo, then you'll also like the look of the Zonda - F which in my mind i'd probably sell the house and morgage the kids for... but there ya go :p

I love the looks of the Gallardo, but I loathe the Zonda; one is taught, the other is overwrought.

And while I love the AM Vantage, objectively a 911 is the better car (there's no real argument about it, it just is). I'd still have the Aston, but then I'm not a very objective kind of fella.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
There was a 911 Turbo at the track day, you could buy laps either as driver or passenger, £40 a lap or something. My thoughts were "I've just been around in a Lambo, why the fuck would I want to drive a Porsche?"
When was the last time you saw a Lambo? When was the last time you saw a Porsche? (London inhabitants excluded). The Lambo for me has so much *more*, it looks better, it sounds better, it's so much rarer. In reality how often are you going to get the chance to really push either car. Even if you could I'd be willing to bet that either car is more capable than any of us. The Porsche "may" be a better car, but my deposit cheque would go on the Lambo.
The Zonda, well its a bit of a dogs dinner. It's fast and handles, apparently. Bet it's a bastard to use every day though.
It's all academic though because I failed to win a kazillion squids this weekend :/

DaGaffer

~Yuckfou~ said:
There was a 911 Turbo at the track day, you could buy laps either as driver or passenger, £40 a lap or something. My thoughts were "I've just been around in a Lambo, why the fuck would I want to drive a Porsche?"
When was the last time you saw a Lambo? When was the last time you saw a Porsche? (London inhabitants excluded). The Lambo for me has so much *more*, it looks better, it sounds better, it's so much rarer. In reality how often are you going to get the chance to really push either car. Even if you could I'd be willing to bet that either car is more capable than any of us. The Porsche "may" be a better car, but my deposit cheque would go on the Lambo.
The Zonda, well its a bit of a dogs dinner. It's fast and handles, apparently. Bet it's a bastard to use every day though.
It's all academic though because I failed to win a kazillion squids this
weekend :/

The comparison was really with the AM V8 and the 911; the Gallardo is a good 40-50 grand more expensive. While there's an outside chance I could one day own a 911 (if I sell a kidney or something), the leap from there to Gallardo money is a different matter.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
DaGaffer said:
The comparison was really with the AM V8 and the 911; the Gallardo is a good 40-50 grand more expensive. While there's an outside chance I could one day own a 911 (if I sell a kidney or something), the leap from there to Gallardo money is a different matter.
Yeah... sell the kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom