Film Toast

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else watch this on BBC and find Nigel Slater to be a right sinister little fucker? Have never seen an auto-biography where the main character was so unlikable despite going through such tough circumstances as the loss of a mother. The last scene in the film said it all for me really, his dad had just died and he stood in the The Savoy restaraunt kitchens with a sinister smile on his face because his dad was now dead and he could follow his dream.

The scene where he said he wished him mum would die was pretty fucked up as well, he was playing the sympathy card and just ended up coming across as right orrible little spoilt prick.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He is an oddball indeed but some of his food is lovely. He serves his purpose.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Deliberately gave it a miss. I don't get Nigel Slater. An aging but stylish metrosexual enigma. They say he's straight, but he's ever so camp with it. 90% of his recipes are revolting. I believe he lives in Highgate. Nice area (we're considering moving there in 2012).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Deliberately gave it a miss. I don't get Nigel Slater. An aging but stylish metrosexual enigma. They say he's straight, but he's ever so camp with it. 90% of his recipes are revolting. I believe he lives in Highgate. Nice area (we're considering moving there in 2012).

He is gay in the film, has a snog with a male ballet dancer. Was the least disturbing part about the bloke to be honest, the more the film went on the less I liked him and by the end I thought the guy had serious mental issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom