ToA - Where being in Europe may pay off

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Ive never seen it as being anything other than an advantage having someone beta test for us, and work out our walk-throughs :clap:

Glad I moved to Excal from Merlin 2 years ago :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i prefer it this way tbh and dont understand why u all whine so much

we get the fixed game rather than endless patches every time we log on for a new found bug.

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
i prefer it this way tbh and dont understand why u all whine so much

we get the fixed game rather than endless patches every time we log on for a new found bug.

hmmmmm...

broken sounds
buttons missing in classic client
chat STILL disappears on zoning
XML chronicles
invisible keep doors
crash to desktop setting groundtargets

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
I am bit worried Mythic will mirror the patches exactly like how the US players got them and leave us with broken game for many months.

I would usually expect companies to fix something they said was broken for people when they had chance but unfortunately I often see mythic pick the lazy route so I am very worried.

Might have to be there for the initial big ML raids but after half-decent master level I would probably not play while game was so severely broken as it has been on US server for way too long.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Radix said:
I am bit worried Mythic will mirror the patches exactly like how the US players got them and leave us with broken game for many months.

I would usually expect companies to fix something they said was broken for people when they had chance but unfortunately I often see mythic pick the lazy route so I am very worried.

Might have to be there for the initial big ML raids but after half-decent master level I would probably not play while game was so severely broken as it has been on US server for way too long.
i wouldnt worry, GOA will most likely (as they have done on many occasions) lump together a whole series of patches/fixed in one mofo patch - that wel prolly get on TOA day anyway,

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Necros will still get bum fudged so I still don't see a silver lining to any of this! ~sulks~

Oasis

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind being patched later, blah, blah. I agree with Chronic, we get less headache this way. Besides, Americans deserve more agony.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd agree but fact is even though we are months behind the US in patches, we still go through the same problem because GOA don't learn. If there was REAL communication between the US and EU teams we wouldn't have had so many problems on patch days. I know each machine is different etc but theres really no excuse.

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
so funny that so many people know everything about how goa works. People sometimes really seem to think goa makes the problems themselfs just to annoy us :touch: . Don't you think they want to have as less problems as possible, just like we want?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I very much doubt we'll see daily patches for a month after we get ToA here in europe...

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Ethiraseth said:
so funny that so many people know everything about how goa works. People sometimes really seem to think goa makes the problems themselfs just to annoy us :touch: . Don't you think they want to have as less problems as possible, just like we want?
^
l
l

sounds like a frog :flame:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Phixion said:
If there was REAL communication between the US and EU teams we wouldn't have had so many problems on patch days.
Which "problems on patch days" are you talking about?

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
I agree totally, being behind in patches is all good. Let the yanks betatest for us.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I think the funniest thing is that half those people complaining about the ToA nerf are actually the same people who were complaining about 0.01sec cast times and all that other crap.

Poor babies, i almost want to fly over to america and bash them all with my patented rod-of-anti-hypocracy :rolleyes:

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
... until someone in Europe encounters a bugged ML trial mob. What the hell do we do then? No /appeal so what, log off, send a mail to rightnow and then what? We're not going to get "read file" fixes every time that happens surely? I'm guessing it will be a wait til next patch, go do something else in the meantime approach. :twak:

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
They just added patch notes to 1.66 and 1.67 in the rightnow FAQ.
Seems we will get to 1.67 very fast with Atlantis and then its unknown if they will push to get 1.68 earlier or leave us rotting for few months.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Radix said:
Seems we will get to 1.67 very fast with Atlantis and then its unknown if they will push to get 1.68 earlier or leave us rotting for few months.

Well we're getting ToA w/ 1.67 (as oppose to the yanks who got 1.66 and then spent all that time beta-testing it for us :D) so i'd imagine it wouldn't take more than a month or so 'till we get .68

Still, i don't know a huge ammount about how/what GoA do to it (or about game coding in general :D) so who knows, but in any case come the 25th the Euro servers will only be 1, yeah One patch behind the Americans, thats pretty cool if you ask me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sissyfoo said:
Necros will still get bum fudged so I still don't see a silver lining to any of this! ~sulks~
how? is being the best farming character in the game and being able to take on 3 maybe 4 enemies at once not enough for you?

Katsuki

Fledgling Freddie
I play on the US servers at the moment, tho i'm waiting to move over here when i find a copy of the bloody game... ToA over there is crazy, it took them over 4 months to review and tone down the items there. The patch has just recently been put in, 1.68. Perhaps the most obvious thing about ToA is the battler artifact. I play a druid, and RvR a fair amount. There is a rarther good berzerker who when in vendo mode hits me for above 800 every time, her highest being 1158 :eek7: and also swinging every 2.5 seconds or so.

Also most of my guild have had to re-spellcraft twice since ToA, which is crazy considering the ammount of money involved in that.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
In europe we pay to play the game.

In america, they pay to beta-test the game.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Katsuki said:
I play on the US servers at the moment, tho i'm waiting to move over here when i find a copy of the bloody game... ToA over there is crazy, it took them over 4 months to review and tone down the items there. The patch has just recently been put in, 1.68. Perhaps the most obvious thing about ToA is the battler artifact. I play a druid, and RvR a fair amount. There is a rarther good berzerker who when in vendo mode hits me for above 800 every time, her highest being 1158 :eek7: and also swinging every 2.5 seconds or so.

Also most of my guild have had to re-spellcraft twice since ToA, which is crazy considering the ammount of money involved in that.

Nice to see a new player coming (Play Excal, we're cooler than those Pyr n00bs :p) - though i should ask, seeing as TOA is released in Europe this week (v1.67) how is it going to be any different? If anything it means your only going to be faced with your problems for longer because of the lag between patches.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>how? is being the best farming character in the game and being able to take on 3 maybe 4 enemies at once not enough for you?

Mythic changes the way items detoriate for necros in one of the post ToA patches. Necros complain that the pace is too fast, and from what been posted on VN it seems like Mythic managed to do some errors in that code. If you want to get your SI quest items reduced to 1 dur in a week or so, put them on a necro :)

The purpose of the change was to make the necros items detoriate at same speed as the bonedancer. But Mythic became a bit too enthusiastic when coding it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom