TOA weaponmodels render *Must Check!!*

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Gef
Most software houses use Maya to model in, not sure of the renderer though..

That would have been my third guess, but afaik most companies using 3dsmax.
Though blizzard has been seeking Maya artists.
And yeah, Maya is better to model in ;o

O

oblivion_6

is poser not used by some peeps?

seems a bit like poser to me although i only did it for a few months, was a bit too techie for me :D

O

old.Emma

Depends on the type of model, its complexity and what type of effect or "look" you want your final render to be like.

But generally the 3 most popular 3D Animation packages are:

3Ds Max
Mana
Lightwave

Lightwave in my opinion being the "easiest" to use feature wise as well as animation tools.

But Maya/3DS Max offer more indepth fetures allowing some very complex models and animation tekniques.

O

old.Tohtori

3dMax(no more S there :p ) is not...i repeat...not user friendly. It's a bit*h on a cold, hungover sundaymorning at 6am but when you get it warmed up, it tends to play nice :D

O

old.Xarr

atlantis%20weapons2.jpg

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
3dMax(no more S there :p ) is not...i repeat...not user friendly. It's a bit*h on a cold, hungover sundaymorning at 6am but when you get it warmed up, it tends to play nice :D

It's still called 3dsmax fyi ;o

And if you don't call 3dsmax user friendly what the hell would you call Maya :p

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
It's still called 3dsmax fyi ;o

And if you don't call 3dsmax user friendly what the hell would you call Maya :p

Hell? :p

I call it 3dmax...emmax...you know. Helps to say emax then 3 D Max. Or just Max.

O

old.Emma

If anyone knows of a program or has heard of a program stand alone or a plugin for Lightwave 3D that allows you to import DAoC objects (weapons/characters) and textures i`d be very interested :D

Got some fantastic ideas for animations which i`ve already done some mock-ups for with placeholders, would be nice to get some detail in there and colour imho.

B

Bellona

the WOT at the picture, thats a buttplug for trolls... :puke:

C

cjkaceBM

Originally posted by old.Emma
If anyone knows of a program or has heard of a program stand alone or a plugin for Lightwave 3D that allows you to import DAoC objects (weapons/characters) and textures i`d be very interested :D

Got some fantastic ideas for animations which i`ve already done some mock-ups for with placeholders, would be nice to get some detail in there and colour imho.

you used to be able to use morrowwind stuff to export daocs nifs.

G

Graknak

in spirit of the TOA artifact thread i decided it was a good opportunity to bump this so you can see what kind of artifact weps you can expect, models that is ^^

O

OldDruid

There are some really nice caster staffs too.

Even the drops are amazing, and have had some nice piercers and blades drop as well. I had a nice piercer drop off one of the mobs you can fight for the ML1 first trial that you solo.

ToA is gobsmackingly good, and we can never complain about lack of content again. :)

RvR WILL die for a while . . . :(

One of my favourite bits for just making me laugh is in Stygia, near Haven. There is a village there that sometimes pops mobs that will crease you first time you see them, they are burning mobs. They burst into flames, smoke pouring off them, and they run around going Owww... Owww... Owww... Stop it, it hurts! LOL! I tried whacking one and it wouldn't stop running, but whenever it burst into flames I got burn damage. LOLOL!

Ohhhh and the dungeons . . . Two I have beeninto so far, the entrances are very soloable at lvl 50. I have done a heck of a lot of exploring solo so far (I was in the beta for ToA which was handy), and with a little bit of caution, there is a lot of fun to be had solo. XP and loot is excellent.

It is possibly too easy to just steam in on quests to get all the armour - then you have no space in your vault for it all. Pick on a set to get (each region seems to have a distinct arnour set), then leave the others until the first set is worn out. Can't seem to go wrong then I think. The missing arms from the Hesperos set is a drop from a nicely challenging encounter. I fought the end mob of that mostly solo for 2 and a half hours with my Paladin (well, with a Theurgist for PBT and a cleric for occasional heals, keeping an eye on me), while the rest of the battlegroup was smacking their way through braziers that were stopping it die. It is fast to do that now we know to park an alt loaded with rams to do the braziers, in advance, with 1 person on each of the 20 braziers handling a ram. They are like relic keep doors to get through.

The hardest region (well it is supposed to be), Glades, it is possible to have great hunting there with a group of 3. A full guild group can have a great time doing quests there. I'm pretty sure Volcanus is the same. Stygia is too, though Stygia it is possible to do more solo maybe.

You won't believe how far mobs will chase you. Solo, I have had to run across a complete zone to get to the Haven, so the guards can kill the pursuers. Great fun! :)

Underwater you soon get in the swing of, so don't worry about that.

I hope you get ToA sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread