ToA UI site

B

Bleri McThrust

Brand new site collecting the new UI's can be found at http://daoc.nurv.dk/ . Only 7 on the site at the moment but its nice to see what people are working on :)

T

the_smurflord

Since it's XML driven and can interact with outside sources, I wonder how long it will be until someone bolts on something to give your current target's stats from duskwave?

You target soandso, he is an enemy of your realm.
He is RR6, in the guild Suchandsuch, and is a tailor of 650 skill.

M

mavericky

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Since it's XML driven and can interact with outside sources, I wonder how long it will be until someone bolts on something to give your current target's stats from duskwave?

You target soandso, he is an enemy of your realm.
He is RR6, in the guild Suchandsuch, and is a tailor of 650 skill.

lol I like that idea, You target Whatshisname, he is an enemy of your realm, he is RR1 and lvl 37, nice and squishy so go kill

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by the_smurflord
can interact with outside sources

don't see anything that suggests that...

the map is an image stored as part of the skin.... (the compass to be precise)

R

Roalith

The map might be, but all of the new interfaces are xml based. Which means any xml data can also be imported ingame. Hell, using The Camelot Herald's features, you could even tell where your enemy target's house is in-game.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Roalith
The map might be, but all of the new interfaces are xml based. Which means any xml data can also be imported ingame. Hell, using The Camelot Herald's features, you could even tell where your enemy target's house is in-game.

In theory you could incorporate anything into it, even a scrolling bar of the latest football scores or share prices if you really wanted. Not sure where this will head but it has potential to be quite worrying.

S

Sibanac

that makes no sense,
since you would need to feed ingame data (e.g. the selected targets name) to an external program (that program would then have to fetch the data from the net and feed it back to a readable file for the GUI.
There is no reason to believe this is possible since this would allow alot of macroing and coding.

S

SFXman

This all would simply require that some program keeps constantly updating the XML file... not sure if the game can cope with XML files changing while it is running.

A

Archeon

you could even tell where your enemy target's house is in-game.

That would certainly give new meaning to my battlecry of

"Fear me enemies of Midgard, for i am here to rape your virgins and burn your feilds!!"

Finally, i can actually find out where their keeping said virgins and feilds ;)

Edit - Ok, who made me forget i'd already replied to this post? :(

A

Aule Valar

soon doac will come to resemble tribes2, with so many useful scripts on screen that you no longer actually have to thing about anything, ever

B

Bleri McThrust

Well I dont pretend to understand how it all works and have no intention of finding out :p after all enough people will have done the hard work by the time we get it.

But remember <omg Ive forgotten the name of the program but it gave all sorts of functionality like kill lists and in US, char data if I remember right> well at the time Mythic promised they would implement a lot of the features in some way. Im sure someone will come up with a way to implement herald features before long if its at all possible.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Archeon
A-doi!?! <-- like this one. Shame we won't get ToA for a while.

No that just re-organises stuff that you can already get in game.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Tilda
No that just re-organises stuff that you can already get in game.

Which was kinda my point, besides - i'm fairly sure you can't get the %age's next to your bars (unless i've missed somthing). That and the RP bar is also somthing i don't think you can get ingame atm.

<drools>

D

Driwen

archeon however you do know how much rp's you have atm and it isnt that harmful to know how much you need to ding a new level.
But if its possible to link name to RR in game that is slightly harmful. However is it possible to get what name you are selecting to the program so it checks what RR that char is?

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by driwen
archeon however you do know how much rp's you have atm and it isnt that harmful to know how much you need to ding a new level.
But if its possible to link name to RR in game that is slightly harmful. However is it possible to get what name you are selecting to the program so it checks what RR that char is?

How is that harmfull :confused: Its already in game if you were to see me you would see Im RR4 after all right above my head it says Briton Gryphon Knight.

A

Archeon

When did i say it was harmful? I said i wanted[ this, but it wasn't going to happen for a while because it'l take time for ToA to get translated for the french/germans.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Bleri McThrust
How is that harmfull :confused: Its already in game if you were to see me you would see Im RR4 after all right above my head it says Briton Gryphon Knight.

not at 1500 units away though. Also it could look up your class, which is not in the game. Off course you could look it up, but that would require you to alt tab and spend some time on it, which leaves you vunerable for that moment and that isnt the case if its in the game.

Also Archeon you didnt say it was, but other people did become concerned about what this could mean to the game. However what you pointed out wouldnt give any real advantage to a player. However if it is possible to look up info about anything while in game than that will effect the game and is harmful in the way that it effects the way people will play the game.
For example I cant see at 2000 units range if someone is RR10 or RR1 I can also not be completly sure of the class. So I shoot at the person and I hope for the best. With the info I can be sure who to pick on and who not, I dont have to remember any name from people or learn to judge how certain classes behave on average.
Other example is in fg vs fg you dont have to watch who is the healer, you just click on everyone and then you will just find the healer. Another level of defence for certain classes has been removed, if it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom