ToA Trial 1 - with Healer

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Any (non aug) Healers succeeded with the first solo trial? I've had 3 goes at it and died every time. This is fighting Sethrender who's supposed to be the easiest.

It seems a bit odd to expect a Healer to fight a high yellow (what were Mythic thinking of?).

Anyway.. any ideas on how a Healer can do this?

Cheers

Cadire

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Get shammy buffed, have procs on your weapons and use your insta heals when needed. Add in damage adds (RM dark spec) if you can get it... possible even the summoning spiritmaster damage shield if you are that lucky! :)

Aarween

Fledgling Freddie
or just have a healer friend standing outside of the circle healing you while fighting ;p

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Aarween said:
or just have a healer friend standing outside of the circle healing you while fighting ;p

I hadn't thought of that... will I be in range of heals still?

It looks like I will have to beg for buffs prior to fighting... pffft, what a great start!

Aarween

Fledgling Freddie
SoWat said:
I hadn't thought of that... will I be in range of heals still?

It looks like I will have to beg for buffs prior to fighting... pffft, what a great start!

well... you'll not be in range from where you "activate" the champion... but if you activate the champion... run back a bit before the fighting starts... then you'll be in range and the encounter should be easy ;p

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Gah!

Dmg add doesn't help as I get evaded about 75% of the time. It looks like Dmg Shield is the way to go (6 deaths so far).

Next time I can be arsed going down there, I'll ask a kind seer to stand by to heal me.

Non-damage dealing Healers are at a distinct disadvantage, which is disappointing.

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
SoWat said:
Any (non aug) Healers succeeded with the first solo trial? I've had 3 goes at it and died every time. This is fighting Sethrender who's supposed to be the easiest.

It seems a bit odd to expect a Healer to fight a high yellow (what were Mythic thinking of?).

Anyway.. any ideas on how a Healer can do this?

Cheers

Cadire

Dont solo with a healer!

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
Sethreen is hard as healer, do xanthor or something isntead, he casts so it´s just stick him and melee. Didn´t even have to use instas to kill him.

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Buliwyf said:
Dont solo with a healer!

Erm, it's a solo trial, so no choice really.

I'll give Xanthor a whirl next time Azurat :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well as a shaman i just challanged Xalarian, and dotted him and went meele, was not hard. Caster class without bt.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Did it with my pac healer, used all i got + moc rp and got chain healed from other healer took 1om or so , no shammy buffs or damage add.
Was hitting for 18-22 got hit back for 90-140, find a healer friend to chain heal u outside ring.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
This is taken from a guide

Champ 1: (Agnon): Agnon is a hunter. He has a spear, but is pretty easy. Agnon also has a pet crocodile,
which cons blue/yellow (forgot).

Champ 2: (Sethrender): I'm not really sure of the class this one is, but it does use a staff. this one is
also very easy, it just does a lot of combat speed debuffs.

Champ 3: (Xalarian): this one is one of the toughest in my opinion. It uses a lot of dex buffs and aoe mezzes, which is a bonedancers only weakness, because i don't have the healers to heal me then. This champion can also teleport from one place to another inside of the arena.

Champ 4: (Jilena): this is the only champ i lost to. she has a 1 handed axe and a shield. Jilena's combat
speed is very high, and it also has an instant dot.

Champ 5: (Malison): Malison is a cleric. I never saw it heal itself, but it was very easy. It had a shield,
buffs sometimes, and does very good stuns.

Champ 6: (Regent): He has a 2 handed sword and some debuffs. I wrote down the #s of the debuffs at level 40, not sure if they are higher at a higher level (probably are). Str/con debuff 73, Dex/quick 70,
combat speed 1 min.

I killed Agnon, using both instas and BoF:)p)

On another note, has anyone killed all 6 for the ring... is it worth getting?

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
I killed a couple of em and one of em dropped a really nice bow but then the zone crashed (or at least all in our group got message about server error) and when I returned drop was all gone and I hadnt killed any champion ... got a bit angry about loosing the bow so I started chopping all champs down (got no more drops this time :( but got to chose a ring ... I chose the Piety one ... stats is as follows:

Pie 21 , Heat 2% , Cold 2% , Energy 2% , Bonus to Piety bonus cap: 6 , Bonus to AF 10 , 10 Charges Power Regen 3

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
I managed this last night (thanks to heals/buffs from Scarper/Ragusta). I fought Agnon who was a lot easier than Sethrender, especially as the baby croc aggros the person healing.

I stayed for a while, mainly healing other people doing the trial, and found that most people were getting heals from any seer in the area... which was nice to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom