toa returning to desktop

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
Since i'm using toa instead of SI, everytime i quit the game and return to desktop, everything remains black.
I can see my mouse cursor, but thats about it

I'm using radeon 9700 with cat 4.2 drivers

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
Indiana said:
Since i'm using toa instead of SI, everytime i quit the game and return to desktop, everything remains black.

got same with the radeon 9800 XT (aldi one)

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
so have you found a solution (other then rebooting) to get rid of the black screen

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
same problem here - doenst always happen tho

tried on a 9700 pro and 9800 xt both running xp :/

only re-boot works at the mo

checked the www.rage3d.com forums and cant seem to find anything :(

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
aye..happened to me three out of four times so far. Only thing thats working is to alt-tab out of the game, strg-alt-entf and end the task manually.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
mine goes uber slow, and CPU is 100% and cant do jack, have to use reset...

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
Joxer said:
aye..happened to me three out of four times so far. Only thing thats working is to alt-tab out of the game, strg-alt-entf and end the task manually.

yeah, thats how i do it too

I /quit and when i reach the character selection screen, i alt tab, and ctrl-alt-delete to manually close the game

Lil*

Fledgling Freddie
Same thing happens to me, but with Si Client.
I randomly get my screen freezing for 10 secounds then screen goes black, press alt+tab back to windows and then daoc closes :x
My comp rebooted once, something to do with an unexpected Direct draw problem.

I have geforce 4 ti4600 latest drivers and NEVER had these problems before this 1.67 patch.

morbix

Fledgling Freddie
Me too

Sometimes when I quit the screen locks up and my task bar appears half way up. I've got a Gforce fx5600 so it seems to be affecting most cards :(

Morbix Prydwen

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Indiana said:

Have the same, but only after I added custom skin.. Will try the alt+tab from char screen and ctrl+alt+del close next time... ;)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same thing. Youre not getting a black screen. If you leave it long enough Windows will gradually repaint. The daoc window is gone but its process is still running but with 100% CPU usage. You can do other things but it takes ages to respond. You can actually shut down Windows properly if you wait like 20 minutes for it to do its thing.

Happened on both my comps now, one AMD PC with ATI gfx one P4 note with NVidia gfx so I doubt its a chip/gfx issue. My money is on a bug in new client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom