ToA ML question..

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
I still haven't been able to decide if i want to go for Convoker or Banelord with my BD... I think there are both good and bad abilities in both of them, but i just can't decide wtf to take :twak:

So if you got any reaons for taking 1 instead of the other please share it :p

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
I'd go Convoker if I were you, those traps look nasty and you'll get a few extra pets :) All of a sudden IT ACTUALLY IS an army of pets following you :)

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Convoker pets sucks literally...

The intercept pet will not gain groupspeed, so if you run with any kind of speed, the pet will get lost.

The battle warden and the crystal titan are both perma rooted, and wont attack pve mobs... so its hard to imagine a situation where these will be even slightly usefull, especially considering that battle warden pet is a focus pet - meaning you cant cast or move while having it up.

The traps have 15 second cast time. The stealther trap has been nerfed so it doesnt take them out of stealth, you still have to target and insta them to avoid PA. The powertrap is nice if you can somehow get it to hit some casters - at least it will force them to use mcl/rp.

I havent seen any test of the pet ability with bonedancer pets, but since it doesnt affect theurgist and animist pets, I will assume it only affects the commander pet - but lo and behold, the interrupt ability of the pet will be unchanged and I willl be surpriced if it gets so strong that it becomes a killing power.

I guess you will be popular in a siege where you can go put traps up on stealth entrance points and provide wood for doors...

(this is written with patch 1.68 in mind)

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
IIRC, you can respec to the other ML line each time you gain a new ML.

So you could try convoker* for a few levs, and then if you don't like it, you can always change next time you ding a ML.

(or Banelord for that matter, convoker was just an example, I'm not saying you should pick that one).

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
Trubble said:
Convoker pets sucks literally...

The intercept pet will not gain groupspeed, so if you run with any kind of speed, the pet will get lost.

The battle warden and the crystal titan are both perma rooted, and wont attack pve mobs... so its hard to imagine a situation where these will be even slightly usefull, especially considering that battle warden pet is a focus pet - meaning you cant cast or move while having it up.

The traps have 15 second cast time. The stealther trap has been nerfed so it doesnt take them out of stealth, you still have to target and insta them to avoid PA. The powertrap is nice if you can somehow get it to hit some casters - at least it will force them to use mcl/rp.

I havent seen any test of the pet ability with bonedancer pets, but since it doesnt affect theurgist and animist pets, I will assume it only affects the commander pet - but lo and behold, the interrupt ability of the pet will be unchanged and I willl be surpriced if it gets so strong that it becomes a killing power.

I guess you will be popular in a siege where you can go put traps up on stealth entrance points and provide wood for doors...

(this is written with patch 1.68 in mind)

So you are clearly saying Banelord above Convoker ?

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Sofus said:
So you are clearly saying Banelord above Convoker ?

I think that Banelord will be better for bonedancers, but its up to your playstyle really. Since ML respecs are possible I would say go with what you think fits your style the best.

Edit: just found out that power trap has been nerfed in 1.68 to do about nothing now... this was the last good convoker ability. All convokers have now are a few siege utilities. I wouldnt advice anyone to become a convoker unless they have a siege fetish. Hopefully this nerf is a bug.

Ammo

Fledgling Freddie
i agree its about play style i have convoker on my necro which works well for me :) i have had alot of fun at DF steps with PN and pwr trap :)

go with what suits u best not what others think u should have :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom