ToA master lvls

N

NightyP

I dont know if info has been released on what they will be like, but what do you speculate practically that would be given yo your class to make it more 'horizonal'? :)

For a reaver im guessing we will get some kind of .....I dont know tbh, too many of my ideas affect rvr, like a spirit/cold debuff, end regen, better guard, a daemon pet :D

And absolutely no idea for my Nightshade...

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Eltharion
agreed...and this ToA theme doesnt fit my world of daoc...far from...daoc meets star trek? with a twist of your local waterland...

Why ever not? The myths of atlantis spring up in greek and egyption mythology (and similar themes running back from there) and run through all later civilisation. A mediterrian cultural locall fits totally with the european location of DAOC...

E

Eltharion

well as you say...the historical side and the mythology might fit very well..but what im saying is that i dont really see myself looking like clown under water swimming for days in row and fighting undersea creatures...keep daoc on land or at least in boats ;)...

didnt expect this to turn into some scubadiver(sp?) leason :)

but besides the udnersea part of ToA, it looks nice :)

A

Archeon

Look bitches!!!

you know, Mummified Doggies - mummy - female... bit.. oh bugger it i'm going back to bed :rolleyes:

A

arrakeen

I Think i looks pretty nice, sure underwater fights seems at bit wierd but guess you will get use to it :p

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by arrakeen
I Think i looks pretty nice, sure underwater fights seems at bit wierd but guess you will get use to it :p

I'm just having flashbacks to when I first played decent and the whole concept of total 3d warfare hurt my head a lot!

Imaging trying to guard a teammate in 3d working out positions and positional styles.

I want top and bottom positionals!!!!

E

Eltharion

Originally posted by Archeon
Look bitches!!!

you know, Mummified Doggies - mummy - female... bit.. oh bugger it i'm going back to bed :rolleyes:

lol, hear you :p

R

Ravenbourne

Hmm do my eyes deceave me, 5 stat slots? o_0

C

choonz

Originally posted by NightyP
master trials will give items?

Those pictures look that way, disapointing i think. I hoped it would be some sort of ability that is permanent regardless of what you are wearing.
It also means of course that everyone will have to fit it into their SC.

N

NightyP

hmm it said abilitys, they might be items from the ToA quests, like the SI ogres might quest?

A

adari

Originally posted by NightyP
hmm it said abilitys, they might be items from the ToA quests, like the SI ogres might quest?

No, there are 9 trials (quests) you have to complete, each trial will give u the ability of your choise.

xD

its somewhere in an interview on gamespot or w/e

N

NightyP

Ok, well someone suggested they would be items.

O

old.Ramas

Seriously, the next time someone posts with that damn cleric jewel claiming it's a ToA master level thing I promise you a kitten dies.

Listen.

It's a quest reward from 1.65 in the new zone in SI. Not ToA. It has nothing at all to do with ToA. Shrouded Isles. Not ToA.

As for the underwater thing, so far Atlantis has 4 areas unveiled.

Oceanus
Volcanus
Desert-place
and Aerus (or something)

Only the first one has significant underwater areas.

You will not spend most of ToA fighting sea monsters.

O

old.Ramas

And just to reinforce the point about the quest, here's the walkthrough....

First you have to do a quick lower level kill quest which is simple enough so I will not detail it here. All the mobs you must kill are in the immediate area and you'll get a decent bracer, I believe the quest is about level 36.

##Veena says, "Oh good, you've returned! First, I must thank you for helping us gather what we needed to make an antidote for the poison the orcs were using. You have no idea how much it helped us. We were able to risk sending [scouts] closer to their camp to find out what they're doing."
##Veena says, "We've had some very interesting reports come back with the scouts. Apparently when the orcs fled to that part of the island, they discovered an ancient Avalonian temple that was mostly buried. I know this sounds unlikely for orcs, but they seem to be excavating it, and I believe they must have found some [ancient inscriptions]."
##Veena says, "Yes, or something similar, because our scouts report that the orcs have been experimenting with what appear to be old, Avalonian [rituals]. I'm not entirely sure what they're attempting, but we have a few leads."
##Veena says, "Some of our scholars have been studying the reports, and while we can't confirm it yet, they feel that the orcs have found some kind of summoning ritual, and that they are trying to summon an [undead orc hero] to come and destroy us!"
##Veena says, "That may not be the case, but we don't have time to speculate about it any more. We need your help to [put a stop] to this before it gets out of hand."

##You have been given the Orcs with Spellbooks quest.

##Veena says, "The leaders of the rituals are the orc soothsayers. Please find whatever Avalonian texts they are using for their rituals and return them to me. This will let us decide on a course of action."

You need to goto the Orc Camp in the northwest corner of the island. To get there, /faceloc 12800 17990 and work your way through the swamp and then around the orc patrols into the camp until you see orc soothsayers.

They will con yellow to 50. The cast a darkness nuke and an ae str/con debuff among other things. They will attempt to kite you until you engage them in melee, it helps to have ranged attackers with you. You should have no difficulty with them. Make sure you get an Avalonian Tome in your inventory and head back to Veena with it.

When you return to her she will ask you for the tome. Give it to her.

##Veena says, "Did you find any Avalonian [texts] on the orc soothsayers?"
##Veena says, "Hand me the Avalonian tome you found."
You target [Veena]
You examine Veena. She is neutral towards you.
##Veena says, "This is incredible. This is an ancient Avalonian spellbook. Give me just a [moment] to read over the tome."
##Veena says, "I see. There is a way we can disrupt their ritual. I need you to retrieve a stinger from a buzzing nuisance. They can be found east of the orc excavation site."

So, head east of the site. From your current location /faceloc 23539 13273 and you will start running into the little yellow-red con buggers. A warning to you, remain on the perimeter of the camp and pull them out. Otherwise you will find that they suddenly pop on top of you my the dozen and you will dai IRL.

Once you receive a stinger in your inventory, head back to Veena and give the little snake lady your stinger.

##Veena says, "Hand me the Nuisance Stinger."
##Veena says, "This will do. I needed it to scribe the proper spell to counteract the ritual the orcs are using to raise their long dead hero. There is one more thing that needs to be done. I need you to proceed to the excavation and kill Chieftan Toca."

Cheiftain Toca is back at the Excavation Site (see appx loc above) in the large brown hut surrounded by many an orcish nasty. He's a purple con and a tough fight. We took him down with 2 clerics, 2 paladins, a supar-melee scout, and a friar, and it was a close battle due to a repop of orcs mid battle. The most important tip I can give you is to kill his summoned orange con pet first because he hits like a truck. Once you get him down, damage control becomes much easier. Keep curing disease and you'll be able to manage things easier, and eventually, the chieftain will fall. Back to Veena you go. You will now receive your award.

O

old.Ramas

Also, master levels give abilities, not items, This has been stated repeatedly by Mythic.

Other quests/encounters in ToA give items, including things refered to as 'Legendary Weapons' and new armour suits with new epic style unique skins.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.Ramas

Other quests/encounters in ToA give items, including things refered to as 'Legendary Weapons' and new armour suits with new epic style unique skins.

<drools at the concept>

More armour skins..

Luuuuurvly. :D

C

Conchabar

tbh mythic should have made the rvr expansion b4 another pve expansion :( toa doesnt look that good from the videos ive seen i could hardly tell the diffrence from the wow under water videos :( master levels are from what ive read supposed to make u more pwrfull in rvr then say a person who has not done the trials..

S

Sharma

I thought they said something in the area of master levels not affecting RvR capability?

O

old.Thanatlos

Always funny people already know that an unknown system will unbalance the current system even though nothing is known about it..

A

Archeon

Originally posted by old.Thanatlos
Always funny people already know that an unknown system will unbalance the current system even though nothing is known about it..

But it'l totally unbalance the game, i heard a rumour from a freind of a friend of a friend who was sitting in on an alleged focus group mythic were running to determine what they should have for lunch and he heard that that there was this master level which did somthing and it could be used in a certain way to do somthing!!! Its totally confirmed, Mythic is a bunch of f0kz0rs they have no respect for the player base, the game is full of bugs when you try to use cheat programs and i hate them all! ;)

S

Shaurr

Hmm, wonder what Thane master level would be like.

N

NightyP

Some one told me that there was a concept idea for the reaver where they could summon a green con pet that did not attack but made a targeted enemy player auto release?

Users who are viewing this thread