ToA killed rvr?

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
for the first month or so of TOA RvR was pritty good, as all of the elities were off getting there ML asap (and at the same time complaining about having to do it or fall behind everyone).

Ironlung

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think ToA has killed rvr. People just need to adapt to the new ml's... Whatever way this game goes 1 class/realm/group combo will be better than others - the gulf will vary patch to patch, add on to add on etcc.. Everyone will be ahead at some point.
What will kill rvr is if people don't want to adapt to these changes.

I've been running emain / odins a fair ammount this week as either a solo Thane or in random pickup groups - Rarely have i been in what would be classed as a great group (It has a Thane to start with! :) ), or even an fg.

I am a relativly low rr (4l5), and haven't even started the ML track, however I (me and my group's) have had our fair share of success.

I'm not sure how much the time I play impacts my personal experience of rvr - 10.30 bst > - but as far as I can see it's not as gloom and doom as most people make out.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Big YES from me, you need 3 times the old amount of work now to get RvR ready toon now, You need a lvl 50 of the right class with the needed ML paths, you need artifacts and need to level them, and then you need high ML. All in all loads of time where you would of been RvRing you are doing PvE

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think I have ever said hib is "easymode".

I'm sure there is an alb setup that CAN compete with hibs atm - but ToA just hasnt slotted into the old-fotm albion RvR setup of 2x cleric, mincer, sorc, pala, 3x merc as well as ToA has slotted into hibs setups.

I dont think hib RvR setup has had to change much from pre-ToA? They still can run 2x druid, warden, bard, 2x chnter, mana eld, hero (pretty similar to their old caster groups no?)

The chance from albion from tank -> caster is difficult, Outcast have done the best really by respeccing sorcs to body and going down the body debuff route, they have ended up with quite a powerful semi high RR alb caster group.

1. Hib have had little to no transition from pre-toa setup to post-toa setup
2. Alb can run merc groups still but they are less potent than before. Alb caster groups need previously unplayed classes (spirit cabalists/body sorcs for eg) which generally dont exist and definatly dont exist at high RR.
3. Gank-group in an underpopulated realm farming the overpopulated realm => lots of RPs... Gank-group in overpopulated realm = less RPs. So problem of alb's newer caster groups catching up in RRs is amplified

If there was a very high RR alb caster group out there (wiz setup, or sorc setup) i'm sure they would be doing pretty well (see: Outcast caba setup & PE's wiz group they ran) it IS possible its just there is a complete lack of people willing to get them up and running (for many reasons, including some of the stuff Ilum said (that guy talks sense Oo))

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
toa didnt kill the rvr, it started choking it, the next patches, catacombs and frontiers (especially the latter) will take care of the killing blow.

even though they say they'll try and closen the gap between casual and hardcore players, they widened it thoroughly with toa gear ( im rubbing my hands in anticipation of what catacombs will bring) and will tear it apart in frontiers with the fantastic new RA system.

mythic are masters of killing lice with a bazooka trying to adapt to vnwhine

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Jenkz said:
If there was a very high RR alb caster group out there (wiz setup, or sorc setup) i'm sure they would be doing pretty well (see: Outcast caba setup & PE's wiz group they ran) it IS possible its just there is a complete lack of people willing to get them up and running (for many reasons, including some of the stuff Ilum said (that guy talks sense Oo))

i found when i started playing ablion in RvR with my 1st char Fire Wiz...Albions didnt really know what debuffing did...or didnt see the potetianl in it....i tried so many times to get a body sorc in group to debuff for Fire Wiz...wasnt many of them about at the time (which was another problem)

Though when i did get a body sorc in group assisting my wiz...the deathspam my wiz got was great...and the rps would come flowing in

Albion at times seemed to be stuck in this "FOTM" attitude and not willing to experiment with different setups..noone was brave enough to try...except me...but i gave up trying through the lack of interest and available classes & retired my wiz

When i got my sorc out in RvR and we formed Stigmata...i again tried to revive the debuff'ing idea...i wanted Spirit Cabbies and Necro's in groups and eventually guild...i even got a Spirit Cabby to lvl42 myself in the hope it would get into RvR groups...as cabbies were and i think still are "underrated" in Albion. But again i hit the "FOTM" attitude of Albion could only compete with the merc assist train group...which hell yes worked very well in Stig...but i would of liked to swap 1 merc for a Cabby or Nerco...because i think with the extra utility they would of brought to the group ...would of increase not only the survival rate but dmg output of the group.

Outcast managed to do this with their group because they obviously had the ppl who could see the potiental and were willing to risk the setup and see how it turned out...and as they proved & as i hoped it was ...a successful setup

Sadly until the rest of Albion wakes up and sees that there are other setups and willing to try them.it leads to Albion falling behind somewhat in RvR...(which is 1 of the reason i left Albion) until then u wont get anymore High RR groups except for those that exsist now or those who just plod on and grow in RR just thru pure persistence

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
unfortunatly its the "thinking outside the box" situation, ive noticed that the cabalist sorcerer body debuff train is very effective 1 caby debuffs 2 sorcers + the caby life tap = insta dead person plus very limited healing because of the life tap.

ALbs dont think outside the box they still think spec lines from 2 years back are still fine if you dont feel happy with pbao classes then take 3 fire wizes and just nuke from distance or 1 fire wiz and 2 ice wiz as the ice wizs run in being guarded by pallys/armsmen as the fire wiz opens up with the ranged aoe the ice wizes pbaoe.

You guys just arnt trialying new spec lines your not prepared to risk it and go all out . Im an animist and i dont think i fit into the fotm gank squad but ive run with usp and celestius and it does make a difference im normally no where near the pbaoe box hwoever if my aoe bombers start flying then you got to be woried.

And if we get cornered drop the mushrooms and make a stand start using the classes available to you stop being total muppets and just screaming nerf all the time. Look at your spec lines your classes decide who is a primary debuffer (aka mana chanters) and fit them into your groups.

Cabalist pets are nasty use them .

I mean ive noticed a lot of mids are running with thanes now they are proving difficult with the pbaoe and dd nukes.

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
ruined doesn't depend o realm, hib did get the best out of it, and alb prolly the worst. however it ruined it for all tanks, standing still 24/7 is not exactly my idea of fun. bodyguard made it harder but added nice tactics, also BG can be countered by zefyr grapple is just homogay

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
I mean ive noticed a lot of mids are running with thanes now they are proving difficult with the pbaoe and dd nukes.

Not so sure that´s it, think its more me that refuses to play anything but my beloved Thane. :p

/j - top thane LRP-wise right now. :p

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Baduska said:
ruined doesn't depend o realm, hib did get the best out of it, and alb prolly the worst. however it ruined it for all tanks, standing still 24/7 is not exactly my idea of fun. bodyguard made it harder but added nice tactics, also BG can be countered by zefyr grapple is just homogay
Yep, BG is nice but grapple is a big mistake as usually from mythic.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Baduska said:
standing still 24/7 is not exactly my idea of fun.

get your thane out and mjollnir the hibs, always used to shock them when you did that, at first they didnt seem to know what to do because they never were in the position were THEY were being nuked to shit :p

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
ToA Killed Rvr!
Yuss definately ^^
Hmm, before ToA Dwera would have hard time killing me, with ToA as soon as im PA'ed im dead..... kinda sucks :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom