ToA items!

A

adari

no, i saw one that had a 15% bonus dmg charge (i think)

insane if u ask me

A

Archeon

To be honest i'm more curious about the Players in the screenshot. Mostly those odd bitches (mummy dogs) but there are one or two normal players. Would really love to know whats up with that. :)

Edit - Oh, and that Gold rent powder looks cool, though i'm assuming that screenies from pendragon so its probably got somthing to do with giving beta-testers cash or somthing <sighs in dismay>

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Archeon
To be honest i'm more curious about the Players in the screenshot. Mostly those odd bitches (mummy dogs) but there are one or two normal players. Would really love to know whats up with that. :)

Edit - Oh, and that Gold rent powder looks cool, though i'm assuming that screenies from pendragon so its probably got somthing to do with giving beta-testers cash or somthing <sighs in dismay>

gm-test-event afaik

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Fear Artifacts.

Artifacts are special items and weapons that make a 16.5 dps polearm look like a big stick. Okay... a 16.5 dps polearm IS a big stick... not a good analogy.

Picture yourself walking across a meadow when you suddenly see a screaming lurikeen in a pink tutu coming straight at you on Speed 12 with 25 shaven badgers velcroed to his body. wow. what a image. That's an artifact. If you don't feel the fear then you havent seen a shaven badger.

Artifacts LEARN.
They get BETTER.
They get STRONGER.
They develop new abilities, spells, styles, etc.

Feed an artifact enough of the right type of blood and it will make even the most confident Left-Axer lose bladder control as he sees you approach.

MAs are going to affect RvR, but they will affect groups... Artifacts are going to affect YOU.

To be honest, this is far more disturbing. I could just be reading this wrong but guild groups of power gamers outfitted with these types of weapons are going to be invincible. Seems a shame that Mythic are making the gap between casual gamers and no-life dorks who spend all their waking lives in game even bigger.

T

Thamiles

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
To be honest, this is far more disturbing. I could just be reading this wrong but guild groups of power gamers outfitted with these types of weapons are going to be invincible. Seems a shame that Mythic are making the gap between casual gamers and no-life dorks who spend all their waking lives in game.

yes couldnt agree more. Just hope the mobs cant be killed with focusfuckers.

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Thamiles
yes couldnt agree more. Just hope the mobs cant be killed with focusfuckers.

Don't forget focus shield was nerfed on 1.65 for high level mobs :D

G

Glottis_Xanadu

How many apoc only drops are there in Albion?
I believe none (mainly due to Fagane and Skile and Aligro fecking over Falcor, but that is another matter).

I doubt these weapons will be very common.
And it seems only fair that players who play more often get better weapons.
You guys sound like commies.
Regards, Glottis

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

That's not really the point.

Bringing in weapons/items that are rare and too overpowered tend to tilt the game in favor for hard core players.

Some think that is a good thing, some think it is a bad thing.

Tbh, I fear that in the end it might just kill the game since too few bother to play.

F

Flimgoblin

the 8% bonus to melee damage should only be versus a certain mob type...

(as are all the other +damage and +range ones such as +archery damage and +spell damage)

unless things have changed drastically recently and from what they said things would be :)

(there was a bug where the monster types wasn't being displayed)

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
How many apoc only drops are there in Albion?
I believe none (mainly due to Fagane and Skile and Aligro fecking over Falcor, but that is another matter).

Regards, Glottis
Do you have to mention Fagane, Skile and Aligro in every post? Is it a disease of some sort?

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by stighelmer
That's not really the point.

Bringing in weapons/items that are rare and too overpowered tend to tilt the game in favor for hard core players.

Some think that is a good thing, some think it is a bad thing.

Tbh, I fear that in the end it might just kill the game since too few bother to play.

Agreed. If the game continually increases the gap between hardcore powergamers and casual players eventually the casual players say f**k it and leave. Then you are left with a few hardcore players who eventually get bored and move on to something else. They need to have a balance - rewarding effort without making it essential that you play 6 hours a day just to tread water.

A

Archeon

Wouldn't it be better to wait and see how the whole thing actually works before shooting off the 'this'l totally fuck up RvR' guns? I mean not even the people who did the beta testing for ToA are totally aware of everything about it. And its been stated that the MA's will be tested in actual RvR on the american servers and tweaked there if needed.

Its called optimism, and its all about not assuming the worst will always happen. ;)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Pessimismsiismsms is far better in the long run! You stand a good chance of being disappointed with your positive, hopeful approach to Mythic whilst I stand a better chance of being pleasently surprised or vindicated depending on how these new artifact doohickies are implemented. :p

Regardless, the interview painted a fairly bleak picture for me. I am sure it won't be that bad in reality but that doesn't stop my spider sense from tingling. :)

S

sigh

hardcore gamers dont nessarly get the items, I wouldnt call my self a hardcore gamer nowa days, but I've played for a fair few hours. and I've never had decent items, and see load epic wearng peeps with nice big flashy weps, you guys are worse thana mothers meeting at the WI.

Users who are viewing this thread