ToA - Forewarned is Forearmed

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
With the announcement of ToAs release date I strongly suggest that anyone who hasn't read up on the US response do so. Anywhere will do - other boards, Amazon.com, even Mark Jacobs New Year post - which you should compare to his September announcements.

Guilds and Realms which have the numbers to do the Master Levels may want to consider a strategy for completing them. As the MLs get harder the number needed get larger very quickly. Lots of tells about armies putting in many, many hours and still falling short. Small population US servers are having problems. Lots of timesinks as well especially for scrolls. Then ther eis the need to level the artifacts.

Decide also whether you want to do it for all your level 50s.

Any who can get Bodyguard though are going to have fun .. although th enerfs have started.

Anyway I seriously suggest that guilds, alliances and realms discuss before hand what they plan to do and even whether you want it. The first week of sales in the US was exceptional. Now mail in rebates are being offered reducing the price by a third. (Populations on US servers are dropping).

There is a post on th eVN boards that it would be nice for people here to comment on (on Frddy'd House not VN IGN :) Called 'Mythic's Surprise new expansion: Crafters of Atlantis' is is hilarious, and captures some of the enormous angst that the expansion has generated.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Or you could listen to the silent majority who are happy and enjoying it instead of the minority of very vocal whiners. I've been leading ML raids the last couple of weeks.
ML1 is doable with 1 very good group, easy with 2fg
ML2 is the same as one, ideal number is 2fg
ML3 needs 2fg
ML4 needs 1fg minimum, ideal number is 2fg (Except part 4.2 which does require 6 - 8fg)
ML5 needs 1fg, 2fg for the last boss

Out of those, there's only one situation where an army is needed (That's 1 sub-quest out of 50 and last around 30mins), unless you call 2fg an army. Care to point out your proof as to where US servers are dropping in numbers? You can't because they're not, the fact is server pops are mostly the same and in some cases are actually higher in the last couple of months, certainly no server has decreased in population, at least by no noticeable amount.

I could log onto any US server tonight and I guarantee you for every person I could find who actually dislikes ToA I'd encounter at very least 20 more who love it. You can get a /who of say 500 and bump into tons of players in game, go even days without finding anyone moaning about anything in ToA.

Seriously, get a clue instead of beleiving VN paranoia, I don't think there's anything they don't whine about there.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Falcon, do you know any good guides that will help people go through ML's fast and efficient with as little wasted time as possible, or any personal advices to give yourself?

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
The prima guide that you can get from amazon.com (plus other US book selling/gaming sites id imagine) is very useful.

It gives step by step guides for all MLs, hints for making it easier, maps, mob locs etc. Sure it will go out of date fast, but for someone soon to be starting out in TOA its very good (I have it btw :p )

And here here to falcon, dont beleive the doom-mongers, any change to the game is often greeted with alarm etc, I personally doubt it will have much effect on the population.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Lannovar said:
And here here to falcon, dont beleive the doom-mongers, any change to the game is often greeted with alarm etc, I personally doubt it will have much effect on the population.

already half of my guild quit cuz they cba to do everything all over in toa, one even destroyed his CD's, and when you read these boards you can see they are not the only ones

however believe what you want to believe

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Lannovar said:
Well, maybe not instantly, but 20% of my friends wont buy ToA (nor me) so guess we will quit after ToA goodies ruined the game for us.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be buying ToA.. looking forward to it. More content is good in my book.

Yes the new abilities will affect RvR in a big way but frontiers will totally change everything anyway so by the time fgs run around with ML10 abilities RvR will have been re-designed.

Anyway, the yanks have betad most of ToA for us so dont worry about it.. Most of the whines were about buggy ML steps etc.. we have the benefit of their bad times and can use the info to help the process go quicker.

So lets wait at least a month after release before we start /whining and /quiting. :twak:

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
however believe what you want to believe

Like anything new it is treated with fear and sceptism, SI SC and Alch, and so on, if im right lots of people said they would ruin the game, I dont think they did. Time will tell if my opinion is right or not.

The impending changes to RAs, keeps n stuff may keep people interested in the game for a while, from a personal point of view, of the new mmorpgs nothing is really jumping out from the page so to speak, which is why im willing to give TOA a crack. I thinks its clear that those who are not happy will moan those who are happy dont. Unfortunately its a very vocal number of people (who id say were a minority) that get to be heard, the knock on effect of this is the people will prejudge without giving it a try. Plus some people may not want to part with anymore cash (thats up to them).

That may not make a lot of sense cos its late and the ol grey matter is a little worn out.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
its not just about being 'new', it will feel like i have to start all over again with the 'pve' part, ML's do take shitloads of time regardless of what the VNwhiners say, and I'm really not interested in spending over 200 hours in pve again to get all of them with my chars...

i hate throwing everything away i gained on my chars but since i dont have gained anything yet and another few months of pve await i might aswell do that in another game (i have to start over anyway so to speak)

also, knowing mythic and their total fuckups, its too risky to spend another 3 months in gaining ML's, what if IS true it will be complete shite... (be honest, how many of mythics things havent been bugged and unbalanced that they added to the game? they are making it more difficult for themselves to get everything right by adding complete nonsense to the game)

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Was SC dumb? Yes. Will artifacts be dumb? Yes. I'm not even commenting on what I think of panther morph and other "cool" ToA features - yes ToA PvE will probably be great, but I'm glad I'm no longer active in RvR :m00:

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Falcon, do you know anywhere, where i can see a decent temp for sb with Toa Artifacts included? ..... A crit blade :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
ToA will rock.

Only two groups of people don't like it: Stealthers, whose Invisibility/invulnerability advantage is gone, and RvR guilds that insist that the game must be played Quake 3 stylee because the advantage of their higher RR is eroded by MLs.

Sadly not around for it but a few wrinkles aside, I think its all good :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Roo Stercogburn said:
ToA will rock.

Only two groups of people don't like it: Stealthers, whose Invisibility/invulnerability advantage is gone, and RvR guilds that insist that the game must be played Quake 3 stylee because the advantage of their higher RR is eroded by MLs.

Sadly not around for it but a few wrinkles aside, I think its all good :)

Anything that could make Nicodemus effective scares me tbh... :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
cHodAX said:
Anything that could make Nicodemus effective scares me tbh... :D

The only time Nico would be effective would be if spamming inconsequential nonsense on chat channels had the power to kill.

Erm, bit like me really.

I'll get my coat... :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Roo Stercogburn said:
The only time Nico would be effective would be if spamming inconsequential nonsense on chat channels had the power to kill.

That is a nice idea for a new IRC client, anyone mentioning the words 'relic raid' gets 50,000 volts up the arse :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Sadly not.

After the relic raid on my last day, I got clarification from GOA regarding IRC and relic raids.

If its before raid starts its cheating. If its after raid starts its ok to use IRC.

(So much more I could say, but I can't be bothered getting into this again - don't need the grief).

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Roo Stercogburn said:
ToA will rock.

And those who ain't got a RvR guild nor an opted group nor a good RvR char, but still doesn't want to do anything else than RvR :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom