TOA djiiin porters

Light

Loyal Freddie
im pulling my hair out :(

every time i try to port with one of the djiiiin or ojiiin whatever they called i port then comp freezes for a few secs then again and then i go ld.

have 1.5g amd, gforrce 4200 TI

updated drivers and dx and no idea what to do

its making playing in TOA impossible .. what can it possibly be?

:(

edit: turned all settings to lowest and problem gone, seems to be a specific settign causing it. have to try them one by one to find out.

Light

Loyal Freddie
thanks adrianicus.

if u got the prob - and happen to have netgear NIC - go get the drivers for it and install em

winxp ones where screwing it up i think

Astraad

Fledgling Freddie
Its happened to me every time ive used it tbh. Also occasionally happens after I release from dieing in ToA

and yes its f***ing annoying

Light

Loyal Freddie
Astraad said:
Its happened to me every time ive used it tbh. Also occasionally happens after I release from dieing in ToA

and yes its f***ing annoying

download and install ur network card drivers .. sorted my problem

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
download and install ur network card drivers .. sorted my problem

It worked for me. Note that the drivers (was v 1.8 for the Netgear FA311) from the Netgear site not certified for XP, and the driver update wizards in XP consider them to be not as good as the standard XP ones (as does the Netgear site). However, if you force it through, it seems to fix the problem.

Darzil

Light

Loyal Freddie
Darzil said:
It worked for me. Note that the drivers (was v 1.8 for the Netgear FA311) from the Netgear site not certified for XP, and the driver update wizards in XP consider them to be not as good as the standard XP ones (as does the Netgear site). However, if you force it through, it seems to fix the problem.

Darzil

yep thank f00k for that .. was driving me insane - bought new gfx card to thinking that might sove it .. lol oh well nice gfx boost anyhoo :D

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
I had similar problems with a 3COM 1gbps NIC. Sticking a Netgear FA311 into my machine solved the issue - new drivers for the 3COM didn't work for me. What's annoying is that I've played US ToA for around 4months now with my old card fine and have had absolutely no other networking problems, only with the euro version of TOA. My problems were somewhat different though, random LDs after 10seconds - 5mins of being in game and the patcher not letting me patch from certain internal IPs. VERY odd and doesn't even make a lot of sense but switching NICs solved the issues. Just to check it wasn't anything else I switched back and the problems still arose so I'm having to keep a 100mbps NIC in just to play euro ToA.

Quite how GOA manage to fuck up something like that when all they're ment to do is translation and content is beyond me. I'm not even sure how you can make such a screw up as the problems I and others had don't even make much logical sense in terms of computing. Gotta wonder what else GOA are fiddling with and more to the point, why when they should have no need to.

Lotheric

Fledgling Freddie
I have a Netgear fa311 network card and was using xp drivers. And after reading that this might be the reason for computer freezing after djinn porting I upgraded the drivers to 1.8 (from www.netgear.com). And problem seems to be solved now, have played a few days now without any crash whatsoever…

Strongly recommend anyone using this card to upgrade drivers.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
A guildy has this problem and isnt using a network card.

He discovered that if he does /vidreset before using the porter he doesnt go LD, might be something for you to try :)

UKM_Thorgrim

Fledgling Freddie
i get every time i port or release

i get Ld'ed every time i port in TOA ,,, My guildies find it very amusing. "if i crash ill brb " Ade's crashed again.. 4 mins later after a complete reboot it works untill i port again, i use boats its slower but i dont crash.

no answers on any boards to help either ...

I blame the French ... the russians are now cool .... its the French .. Global warming, the snow, TOA , DAOC being crap half the Time, server Crashes,, Its the French...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just realised the french run this game ... it answers it self.....

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Same problem on a D-Link 514 wireless NIC, except I get BSOD and an IRQ conflict message when there isn't any confict :S Latest D-Link drivers don't solve it, neither does moving the PCI slot, trying to set the IRQ in BIOS, praying, etc, etc

Boats it is :(

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I had a problem that I went LD about every 15 mins or so, sometimes more often sometimes less.

I have ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard with an integrated NIC. After trying everything I could think of I simply put in another NIC and used that instead and it worked fine for me. Don't know if you guys have integrated NIC's might be worth to try onter one if you do...

Tera

Loyal Freddie
not only me then ;)

i have the same problem
2ghz cpu 1gig of ram gf4 ti4600
tis veryy verrry strange :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom