TOA Boats

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Not seen anything on them at all. How do they work ? Can we use them on the inner lakes and stuff in SI, etc ?

Cheers

Azo

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Info from the Herald website:

Owning & Operating a Personal Boat
You can purchase a personal boat from a merchant in any of the three Realms. In each Realm, you can purchase either an 8-passenger boat or a 32-passenger boat. Boat merchants can be found in the following locations:
· Albion: Shipwright Higuel (Oceanus dock), Shipwright Pierrel (Stygia dock), Shipwright Fanceen (Volcanus dock), Shipwright Blisse (Aerus dock)
· Midgard: Shipwright Maik (Oceanus dock), Shipwright Ydeneye (Stygia dock), Shipwright Dyna (Volcanus dock), Shipwright Amunde (Aerus dock)
· Hibernia: Shipwright Tonwena (Oceanus dock), Shipwright Honyn (Stygia dock), Shipwright Duvian (Volcanus dock), Shipwright Cardixa (Aerus dock)

Once you have purchased a boat, it will become an item in your inventory. To use one:
· You must be near water.
· Drag the boat icon from your inventory and drop it in the water where you want it placed. If the water is deep enough the boat will be placed.

You can apply different paint (hull paint or trim paint) to your boat to personalize it. You can purchase different colored paints from the shipwrights. Just drop the paint onto the boat icon in your inventory to apply, and the next time you place your boat in the world the trim or hull will be tinted. Also you can attach bowsprits to the large boat in each realm, which can also be purchased from the shipwright.

Once you have deployed your boat into the water, you can board it and invite others to board it by using the following commands:
· To board the boat, type /vboard.
· To invite others onto your boat, type /vinvite.
· To start the boat moving forward type /vforward
· Click with your mouse on the water’s surface and the boat will travel to that point. (Note that the water must be deep enough for the boat in order for you to set that point as your destination.)

Note that you cannot travel alone in a personal boat! In order to get anywhere, you must have at least half the boat’s capacity (four for an 8-person boat and 16 for a 32-person boat). After that, the speed of the boat will increase as you add crew, up to the maximum.

Sadly, I couldn't find price et al, but I'm sure they're somewhere in the VNBoards, if you're brave enough to venture there!

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Once you have purchased a boat, it will become an item in your inventory.

I can just see the encumberance factor from a 32 man ship when you carry it in your backpack, give us black con strength self buffs please :)

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Solarius said:
Info from the Herald website:

Sadly, I couldn't find price et al, but I'm sure they're somewhere in the VNBoards, if you're brave enough to venture there!

Excellent info mate, dunno how I missed that ! Thanks for that.

Sailing regatta anyone ?

Cheers

Azo

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Gifv canoe, i dont want any smelly bastards on my boat.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
Gifv canoe, i dont want any smelly bastards on my boat.

You only want to do the "have i got a canoe in my pocket or am i just pleased to see you" gag :p

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
oo

Wonder who will be the first to set up a taxi boat service once TOA comes in??

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Note that you cannot travel alone in a personal boat! In order to get anywhere, you must have at least half the boat’s capacity (four for an 8-person boat and 16 for a 32-person boat). After that, the speed of the boat will increase as you add crew, up to the maximum.

This was later changed to one quarter of the boat's capacity, moving at maximum speed at half capacity.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC is turning into the viking age, wonder if we can fight in rvr etc with them and board etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom