ToA being hit by nerfbat before New Frontiers

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
ToA being hit by nerfbat (Hard) before New Frontiers

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1329.shtml

Cliffnotes: Artifacts will have max 5% to ie buffing effectiveness and other bonuses like that. More info soon probably.

Mythic got brains? :eek2:
Didn't see that one coming :clap:
:cheers:

Sigurd

Banned
Mythic to fix time needed to obtain a fully levelled artifact now tbh.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, this has increased my respect for Mythic. It's a brave company that stands up and says "Look, we got it wrong and we're going to do our best to fix it". Good on em.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
To be honest, this has increased my respect for Mythic. It's a brave company that stands up and says "Look, we got it wrong and we're going to do our best to fix it". Good on em.

I agree. I never imagined that they'd admit it so directly. Now if we'd see GOA actually telling something to their customers and being fair i'd be seriously impressed ^^

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
On VN boards everyone is whining, here people are cheering. :cheers:

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
Might be because we haven't had any of the overpowered artifacts yet :) But it's still nice to see!

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Ailil said:
Might be because we haven't had any of the overpowered artifacts yet :) But it's still nice to see!
Hehe, no shit.
Anyway, they should pull their head out of their arse and realise that it was needed. They are LGM whiners! (for comparision we are apprentice whiners).

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Since we'll be getting the un-nerfed version first we can enjoy being ganked by overpowered groups for a few months..... ;)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, I said they were whining over at vn?
Hahaha, I dont think you can call it whining. I actually dont think there is a word for this:

TEH WHINE

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Laugh all you want, but I, too, would be royally pissed off if I spent countless hours levelling artifacts only to compete in RvR, and then have the carpet yanked out from under me like this.

Now, to find a good compromise for an SC template that will work during the time before the nerf... ;)

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Now we'd only need GOA to inform that release of ToA is delayed by month or two because they want to give us the artifact nerf patch in ToA retail.

But somehow i doubt that's gonna happen :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Strong show of backbone from Mytich - the US players should be happy that they wont allow the game to spiral down into oblivion imo. People just need to see beyond whats immedietly best for themselves. Anyone that enjoys this game should welcome an action such as this.

And so what is your artifacts get nerfed: everyone elses will to.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
well basically everyone who bought ToA at release got a zerker-nerf dropped on them

the final product after the nerf is a lot better for the game, but still sucks to have your shiny toys downgraded :)

Has to be said it can be nice to be euro players at times ;)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
well basically everyone who bought ToA at release got a zerker-nerf dropped on them

the final product after the nerf is a lot better for the game, but still sucks to have your shiny toys downgraded :)

Has to be said it can be nice to be euro players at times ;)

except on February 25th we get the un-nerfed version for however many months it takes 1.68 to be translated.

do you get the "overpowered" artifacts then if others might when you know its going to be smashed into the ground next patch?

Vae

Resident Freddy
The answer is you just have to plan in advance for the new artifacts. Still means you can do ML's and level artifacts. You will just have to plan your template for 1 month later on - Not that hard really.

Shadowmag

Fledgling Freddie
OMG mythic had a change of managment board :eek6:
Nice on them thou :worthy:

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Laugh all you want, but I, too, would be royally pissed off if I spent countless hours levelling artifacts only to compete in RvR, and then have the carpet yanked out from under me like this.

Archers know this.

btw anyone got that classic sig (think it might have been Loxleyhood's) with the alternative "You miss" messages for archers?

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
I spent months farming and levelling my artifacts, but I don't see the problem tbh. Fact is if you had the bonuses capped before even tho they're being reduced you'll have them capped with the new caps so you still have your advantage it's just not as big an advantage - boohoo, I don't want an I-Win button thanks if I did, I'd have rolled an Infiltrator not a Ranger.

Those crying seem to be crying because of that exact reason, that they've no longer got their I-Win buttons, they're totally forgetting that they STILL have an advantage to show for their hard work even if it's not as big as it was previously. Whines like those on VN are justifiable if say, Hibernia had had the 10% cap and Albion got a 15% cap but it's not that it's the same nerf for every player in every realm across the board so there's no loss for anyone because EVERYONEs effectiveness is decreased.

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Good to see Mythic finaly realised there was a Huge problem and acted upon it. I still wonder what made them implement those hugely overpowered items in the first place..

:worthy: :worthy:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Iskander said:
Good to see Mythic finaly realised there was a Huge problem and acted upon it. I still wonder what made them implement those hugely overpowered items in the first place..

:worthy: :worthy:

Lack of adiquite beta testing imo, for somthing the scale of ToA you need more than 15 brown-noses spending their weekend taking pretty screenshots and maybe doing 5 quests each. (i know that wasn't the case, i'm simply exaggerating to get my point across more easily)

Still, it'l be interesting to see what the 'end' result is, though they'l probably be changing ToA continually well into 2004.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
We will most probably get the nerfed version of ToA, they have done it before. Normally if there are any 'fixes' in later patches that fix problems in a from a previous patch we get them early. This is a pretty major 'fix' and I doubt they would put us through that. I for one would rather wait a while longer for ToA..

Have to wait and see, but it would be pretty short sighted of GOA to overlook this one for a few months.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
We will most probably get the nerfed version of ToA, they have done it before. Normally if there are any 'fixes' in later patches that fix problems in a from a previous patch we get them early. This is a pretty major 'fix' and I doubt they would put us through that. I for one would rather wait a while longer for ToA..

Have to wait and see, but it would be pretty short sighted of GOA to overlook this one for a few months.

We can hope. It would be best. Then i might actually continue playing after TOA o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom