TOA and all that jazz

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Having been in the recording studio/pub/bed during most of the last month-and-a-bit I've suddenly thought I haven't even thought about TOA. Let me get things straight in my head...

a) Master-levels are obtained via quests that take fricking ages to complete and require FG+ cooperation, right?
b) Artefacts? Are these obtained via quest? Dropped? Fall out of the sky?
c) You xp certain stuff to get Artefacts' levels up, giving them new abilities?
d) To get higher stat caps, you use... artefacts with + cap on them? Drops with + cap on them? Quest items with + cap on them?
e) What are the new hard caps, if any?
f) Do I get any more char slots!
g) Why does TOA seem like a big waste of time?

Parlain

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Having been in the recording studio/pub/bed during most of the last month-and-a-bit I've suddenly thought I haven't even thought about TOA. Let me get things straight in my head...

a) Master-levels are obtained via quests that take fricking ages to complete and require FG+ cooperation, right?
d) To get higher stat caps, you use... artefacts with + cap on them? Drops with + cap on them? Quest items with + cap on them?

Yes
Quest
Yes, but in a patch all artifacts become RvR xpable
Any items can have stat caps; even RoGs iirc
Still decreasing past 300; only hard cap I'm aware of is quickness at 250
No :flame:
It is, but for a pve hoe like you I'd have thought you'd be drooling over the chance to spend hundreds of more hours bashing mobs :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Yup..

http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/Master_Abilities.shtml

http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/Artifact_Info.shtml

Yes, artifacts start at level one and their max level is 10. They get new stats or abilities as you level them up.

http://www.toascrolls.com/scrolls/index.asp?action=artifacts

Note, afaik, it takes fooking forever to get one to lvl 10. Same ammount of exp needed to pl a char from 1 to 50 on the hard ones or something.. :(

Artifacts and some rog items (I think) can give +cap, for example an items with '+40 hit cap', it doesn't actually gives the hits, but you can get 240 hits on your final sc temp.

In the patch we get the cap is 25% (cast speed, buff effectiveness, healing effectiveness, list goes on and on and..etc) but in the US it's already nerfed to 10%.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1329.shtml

[quotef) Do I get any more char slots![/quote]
Nope.. time for account #3 and 4? :x

g) Why does TOA seem like a big waste of time?[/QUOTE]
It's not a waste of time, just look at mythic's official statement: "You don't have to get TOA to be viable in rvr".

Sure. :cheers:

TOA comes down to lots, lots and lots of PvE.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for replies, you all pwn.

Yes Parl, but I was hoping after 8 level 50s I'd be forced into RVR all the time!

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
No. Many of them can be done with 1 or 2 people, but yes they are easier with more people. And there are sections which require more than 1fg cooperating - though not many.
As for taking fricking ages? Depends on how long you spend in the pub. Most do not take very long.
eggy said:
Do a quest, get some dropped components, put them together and you have an artefact.
eggy said:
Yes.
eggy said:
Anything can have +caps on them.
eggy said:
For stats, you can raise the +cap on items by level/2 (so instead of having +75 str on items, you could raise +100)
Stuff such as +speed, +damage and +range can be raised by 25% in the patch we get, but gets reduced to 10% in 1.68.
Stuff such as +buffeffectiveness can be raised by 25%.
There is still no real hard cap on stats, nor diminishing returns over a certain point.
eggy said:
no.
eggy said:
Answer 1) It is. All games like this are.
Answer 2) Because you're a pessimist?

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Thanks for replies, you all pwn.

Yes Parl, but I was hoping after 8 level 50s I'd be forced into RVR all the time!
now u have to get them all toaed ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom