ToA 25th feb 100%

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
489
Stop whining , it's not GOA's fault if games are released on Friday in UK whereas it's on Wednesday in the rest of EU.
 

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
268
of course its there fault.

It should be released at the same time .
 

Shock

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
31
Breon do you know anything about the law in the Uk that states you cannot release a game before a Friday i think not so FO its not there fault its the UK`s Problem i know i live here.

Thats why ill have it at the same time as everyone else ill be buying it online.
 

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
489
Breon said:
of course its there fault.

It should be released at the same time .
it's released at the same time for online shop (25th)
Local stores in UK only put the new games on Friday whereas it's on Wednesday in the rest of europe.
 

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
268
Shock said:
Breon do you know anything about the law in the Uk that states you cannot release a game before a Friday i think not so FO its not there fault its the UK`s Problem i know i live here.

Thats why ill have it at the same time as everyone else ill be buying it online.
ERRRM HELLLO

why not make the servers go live on friday? duh

This would have been a sensible thing to do but hey would you expect anything else.
<common sense isn't that common>
 

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
489
Breon said:
ERRRM HELLLO

why not make the servers go live on friday? duh

This would have been a sensible thing to do but hey would you expect anything else.
<common sense isn't that common>
There aren't only players from UK on the english servers ...
 

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
478
I wouldnt worry - based on SI implementation it will take most people until March before they can register the software.
 

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
194
Nxs said:
I wouldnt worry - based on SI implementation it will take most people until March before they can register the software.

hehe... didnt GAME end up selling it on the wednesday last year around mid-morning anyway, maybe they will do the same again this year... anyone working at GAME know when they will release it?
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
Even if you assume 100% of the Excaliburian and Prydwenite populations are British we're still outnumbered by the French and the Germans, and GOA serves them as well as us. They're only doing the fair and sensible thing. What's three days?
 

Skaven

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
972
Mishy said:
hehe... didnt GAME end up selling it on the wednesday last year around mid-morning anyway, maybe they will do the same again this year... anyone working at GAME know when they will release it?
Its still in our release book as 17th of feb. Guess thats what our head office got told as a rough estimate. And yeah, last year we got a phone call saying we could sell SI on the day we got it in. I'll have to look into it when it gets closer the time.
Put it this way tho, i'll be mighty pissed off if I can't take it home the day we get our delivery in.
 

GReaper

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,973
Try and get GAME to release it on Wednesday, after the fiasco last year it would be nice to get the damn game on Wednesday without having to insist the staff at the store should phone up head office to check!
 

Kronos

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
2
Toa sucks... Aparently!

ok i was juts on amazon.com trying to fin toa to buy... O boy did i find it.
before i proceeded to order it i was checking whether or not it had a good rating, ah i read every single post about it and 99% of them were very bad rating's indeed.

Take a look for yourselfs at this link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...r-reviews&s=software&n=507846&Go.x=15&Go.y=11

P.s if the link dont work i would suggest looking for toa on amazon.com and looking at the ratings yourselfs.

I know i too at first was sceptical, saying ah there will always be a few that dont like the expansion but whoohoo after id read around 50 reviews. yes there were 1-5 good ratings, posible wanodoo postings ;) but the rest well lets just say... I WONT be ordering toa.

TBH i was getting bored of daoc anyhow but this is a nice way to finalise me playing it, i usually come back after a few months but by the sound of it i'll have nothing to come back to.

Roll-on DE, wow, Rot, Dark and light and all the other new mmorphs is all i can say. Good luck to those of you who still go ahead and buy toa.

:eek2:
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
Kronos said:
ok i was juts on amazon.com trying to fin toa to buy... O boy did i find it.
before i proceeded to order it i was checking whether or not it had a good rating, ah i read every single post about it and 99% of them were very bad rating's indeed.

Take a look for yourselfs at this link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...r-reviews&s=software&n=507846&Go.x=15&Go.y=11

P.s if the link dont work i would suggest looking for toa on amazon.com and looking at the ratings yourselfs.

I know i too at first was sceptical, saying ah there will always be a few that dont like the expansion but whoohoo after id read around 50 reviews. yes there were 1-5 good ratings, posible wanodoo postings ;) but the rest well lets just say... I WONT be ordering toa.

TBH i was getting bored of daoc anyhow but this is a nice way to finalise me playing it, i usually come back after a few months but by the sound of it i'll have nothing to come back to.

Roll-on DE, wow, Rot, Dark and light and all the other new mmorphs is all i can say. Good luck to those of you who still go ahead and buy toa.

:eek2:
Aren't you just a little wanker, listening to whining US people.
Make you own opinion. I read through some of that stuff and its mostly whining because they cant be uber without PvEing. And I not crazy about it, but I certainly can live with it.

PS. ToA might be disapointing, but Frontiers will rule our butts! (etc)
 

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
94
people dont like Toa cos as above they have to PvE a lot again to get high MLA's ... BUT.. imo thats a good thing cos there there will be even more exp groups exping than before and easier for people to find grps :)

i have toa on usa servers and i am looking forward to it here.
 

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
451
On topic:
Yay! time to stay home from the pub 1 night then.... ;)

And I feel that the Whine is strong within this thread! Cheese anyone? :p
 

Kronos

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
2
well.

according to the americans weeks are needed to start to get anywhere near the artifacts to high lvl.

well i dont spend weeks upon weeks of crappy pve which is about as fun as playing tennis with your feet, to spend even more weeks trying to get new abilities just so i can compete in rvr, screw you.

:flame:

the new abilities are way overpowered which is crap because this toa isnt on option which it should be, its forced on you if you else you will be cannon fodder for ones ones who do have the abilities.

read the reviews next time insteada moaning that the americans know nothing, they know more than u pig, they have it now and have been playing it.

and if there was gunna be a vote on who likes it and who doesnt and to whether or not it has spoiled daoc, i dare say i know which side would win.

you go ahead and spend more weeks getting those abilities m8 i dont give a crap you probably a powergamer anyhow.

50 people complaining about a product well lets just say it was an advert put on tv and 50 people complained about it outer 1 million viewers it would still get took off air.

:kissit:
 

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
140
Time to /cancel when DE comes out :p Maybe return in patch 2.59 unless the game sucks cock then also *Shrug*
 

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,879
Breon said:
of course its there fault.

It should be released at the same time .
Rly? So it's GOA's fault if your game shop doesn't get it in time?

Like GOA is responsible for any deliveries to the shops. They just maintain the servers. :m00:
 

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
520
Kronos said:
50 people complaining about a product well lets just say it was an advert put on tv and 50 people complained about it outer 1 million viewers it would still get took off air.

:kissit:
where do you live? cuba?
 

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
309
I wonder how many people will actually be playing ToA the 25th.
So far GOA has not really impressed me with keeping their deadlines.
 

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
585
Breon said:
ERRRM HELLLO

why not make the servers go live on friday? duh

This would have been a sensible thing to do but hey would you expect anything else.
<common sense isn't that common>
So peopel NOT living in the UK should be punished because you got silly laws in the UK.. I dont think so dude :kissit:
 

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
1,079
Kronos said:
well i dont spend weeks upon weeks of crappy pve which is about as fun as playing tennis with your feet, to spend even more weeks trying to get new abilities just so i can compete in rvr, screw you.
If any part of the game is boring then you're doing it wrong IMO

Kronos said:
the new abilities are way overpowered which is crap because this toa isnt on option which it should be, its forced on you if you else you will be cannon fodder for ones ones who do have the abilities.
No it is optional. You can choose not to buy it and have nothing to do with MLs and artifacts. Good play + decent kit >> powerlevelled n00bs + uber items every time
Kronos said:
you go ahead and spend more weeks getting those abilities m8 i dont give a crap you probably a powergamer anyhow.
Yes because only powergamers are interested in new quests and extra pve content to explore...
 

Skaven

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
972
Basiclly, if another store (woolworths are great for doing this) breaks the street date on selling a game then we can sell it too. This is proberbly what happend with SI last year.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom