To : Saen the arse of albion

P

Pfy

Heh I like being a bastard so I was trying to wipe out a group of XPing greys in yggrda ...

Just a shame I went all shit and didn't even manage to kill one before some Orange caster killed me :D Guesss that'll teach me not to try and be so lame :D

O

old.Twiztid

Elajt - if you ready it correctly (like anyone with half a brain would) i said IF your a sad twat. Note the word IF. So i can say i never called you that :)

EDIT - and actually no your wrong about people expecting to be exp killed. Some people didnt buy the game for the rvr, i know a lot of people who bought the game with their wife to play a game together, do quests etc. Then some power gamer comes along and wipes away hours of their fun time together and suddenly its not fun.

Does everyone have to be a power gamer to play this game? Does everyone have to have the same game attitude as you elajt?

Im not saying its not risky hunting outside your gate, but just take a second to think before exp killing people. Show some respect for humanity because maybe, just maybe, theyre not an rvring power gamer like you wanting to ruin hours of peoples lives for 1.....1 damn realm point!

C

c0ngo

What a pointless thread.

I've started a Minst alt so I can do exactly the same thing that your complaining Saen did :)

If people don't like the idea of an xp kill or don't want to risk it happening then the answer is simple stay out of the Frontier

If you do suffer a player caused XP death so what ?

It isn't that differant to those caused when u ld, members of your party ld or when you get adds and the grp gets wiped out.

There have been loads of threads like this, no point moaning about it, it's part of the game.

O

old.elajt

(like anyone with half a brain ) <-- ohh mature of you

and actually no your wrong about people expecting to be exp killed. <-- Did i say that they were?

Some people didnt buy the game for the rvr,i know a lot of people who bought the game with their wife to play a game together, do quests etc. Then some power gamer comes along and wipes away hours of their fun time together and suddenly its not fun.

<-- What do you think frontiers are made for?? Having a tea party while discussing their epic quest? After 1 death it takes maximum 20mins to regain the xp.

Does everyone have to be a power gamer to play this game?
<-- Have i said that you need to?

Does everyone have to have the same game attitude as you elajt?
<-- It is you who are using faul landguge boy.

Im not saying its not risky hunting outside your gate, but just take a second to think before exp killing people. Show some respect for humanity because maybe, just maybe, theyre not an rvring power gamer like you wanting to ruin hours of peoples lives for 1.....1 damn realm point!

<-- As i said before, it don't take hours...and if it ruin peoples lives, then they take this game to serious. ;)

You realy dont know what you are answering, do you?

O

old.Nafta

At the risk of getting a so much flames and n00b comments it'll make Hell itself mook like the friiging Canary Islands I'll ask the following question: How do you expkill a player? I got attacked while fighting a mob once and sure I died but the chatwindow said "you died fighting for your realm ......". Am I missing something, can someone please explain.

P.S Exping in the frontiers is supposed to be dangerous if you ask me.

O

old.Nafta

Come on, enlighten me you lazy ass idlers :)

W

-Wedge-

Hey Pfy is also on this board :clap:

But, guys girls, I was kinda not gonna butt into this thread, but... Common... Get real :cool:

Either you hunt in the fronteir and risk an XP death (hey, we hunted hours in Odin's Gate and have been killed a couple of times there while XP'ing)... Or you hunt in your 'safe' main land...

But don't complain...

I will probably wait for them to pull to, may be I'll wait till they finished off the beasty, but it'll depend on the situation... As an Armsman I don't have the luxery of waiting in Stealth... And if it's an enemy with Stun or Mezz, I'll take them at their weakest point...

Now if only I could get to the XP area without being spotted by Guardians / Jarls...

O

old.Nafta

Aha, I think I get it. If a you see a group make a pull, you take out a key person, say healer or mezzer, in the group and let the mob do the rest. Right?

W

-Wedge-

Let the mob take the rest? Hell no, I need the RP's myself :rolleyes:

What should I then do when I'm alone, facing 8 others wihout knowing their levels? Wait till they see me, then may be wave till they mezz me?

When their all gray, I'd probably wait till they finish off the mob(they have no chance against me), but with greens, hell no... I'll take out the key people in a group first(casters, healers then the tanks), a good organized group of 8 can take out beasties 7~10 levels higher then them, so if their green to me, they can take me out too...

As for when an XP kill occures, I frankly have no clue, it's not just when they have agro, they probably have to hit the beastie first, and even then I'm not sure...

O

old.Nafta

Icy:

I frankly really don't understand either. To me it looks like you have to, I dunno, take your chances with mob and just sit back and enjoy the show. That you, as I see it, sacrifice RPs for the exp loss of your enemy. If people is willing to that fine by me, regarding myself I doubt I could keep my nukefinger away from the keyboard. Wipe the entire group with assistance from the mob I say, that way noone loose exp and you get RPs. A solid way to keep everybody (ah well, me at least:)) happy.

O

old.Skallagrim

Aaaah little Nafta, I love it when you talk cocky.

O

old.Dogson

Its like this IIRC.

If you are enaged with a mob and someone kills you in the meantime (or weakens you and let the mob finish you off) = XP death.

If you aggro a much stronger mob, take damage, manage to outrun it but get killed by an invader = XPdeath.

So, the mob must be either killed or you have to get back to full health after escaping from one otherwise invaderkill = XP kill.

They made it this way to prevent you of XPing near an enemy PK or keep. If they didnt make it this way you could suicide when you were losing a fight and not losing XP.

Or something along these lines ;)

edit: So you would still XP kill them when you nuke them while they are engaged with a mob, at least the ones who took damage from it.

O

old.Nafta

Thanx for straightening things out Dogson!

Skalla you arse, if you ever dare show your troll but outside Spindelhalla or wherever you're camping nowadays I'd gladly teach you a lesson or two.

I challange you, mano e mano, hell I'll even go melee on your ass if that is what it takes to lure you into the frontiers. How does that sound you wanker :)

H

<Harle>

I don't claim to know how an XP-kill really works, but it doesn't work the way stated above, as the following happened to me:

I was running around in Emain with my Warden , nothing to do as us Hibs had total control of the alb-wall and not much happening from Mids either. So in a state of overconfidence i ran down to the torcans in the bowl ( were yellow to me then, so excellent XP), whipped out my bow and pulled one.
As the torcan was closing in on me some Kobold assassin suddenly unstealthed and perforated me a bit, bringing me down to 1/3 of my health, then disengaging from me and watching the torcan finish me off. I died, getting the usual 'fighting for your realm, no xp-loss'-message, the Kobold stood there and laughed, then got wasted in two nukes by a friendly mage :p

Now all I wanna know is if that Kobold got some RPs for my death, as i really expected to suffer xp-loss there, which i didn't.

O

old.Skallagrim

Done!
I'm gonna make you beg before I force your own wretched teats down your throat elven witch, just after I slap you silly with your own liver. Just say when, little one.

(to clear things out) This one's for Nafta :p

M

Matinex

If the monster do more dmg to you = xp loss.
if the player do more dmg to you = rp for him = no xp loss.

Fleed once from a battle @ the gorge rats, got away with 20% health. And while i was sitting down and resting, some shadowblade named Eeny from midgard did 500 dmg to me wich was more health than i had at that level. so i had a xp death.

O

old.Nafta

The plot thickens. I seem to recall an experience similar to your one Harle. However I'm not sure. Come forth people, put your experinces into writing.

Skalla, your ass belongs in my pocket and your head has a place reserved on top of my staff. As for the rest of your smelly, soon to be carcass, troll body I think I'll leave it as fertilizer for our beloved Hibernian soil.

P

Pfy

XPing in the frontiers is a risk you take. I used to XP/lvl there in mid 20s and used to get attacked quite frequently, admitedly we did spank the attackers as they were only little/fewer number.

I enjoy XP killing people, it makes me smile ...

I was helping a little grey con Elf the other day, he'd pull and I'd kill it if he was in trouble ... although some Ranger did then come and kill me but hey, it was fun.

Oh and hiya Wedgie! ;D

O

old.Saen

Lol all this for a few kills :)

Its very simple frontiers were designed to offer better xp / drops but at a risk - that risk was being killed by a member of the other realms.

Dont like it dont xp there.

I bought the game for exactly the reason you couldnt get PvP'd all the time you were safe in your 'realm' move out of that and you takes your chances really.

As said before I dont xp kill intentionally and wont attack while a mob is on unless theres more than I may be able to handle.

Saen

O

old.Skallagrim

to nafta

(sorry about this side track fellas)

Nafta, if you wan't fertilizer, I'm more worth to you alive... since go to Hibernia twice a day to crap on your pansy-ass grass... didn't you ever wonder why it's so green?

See ya soon, sugar-buns... don't forget to bring your liver

O

old.LandShark

To the original poster: flame your own god-damn griefers. And kindly don't generalise QUITE so much; playing minstrel does not instantly make you some kind of grey-killing machine, and there are plenty of exceptions apart from Alpha. And on a less specific note, please, please GOD stop prtzing flaming people wh exp-kill. Every damn post it's the same arguments, (war is hell vs just a game) and I'm honestly getting fed up to fuck with it.
In case you wondered, I'm in the war-is-hell-so-live-with-it camp.
I don't exp kill; but i don't bloody whinge about it when someone else DOES.

Users who are viewing this thread