To range or not to range

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I reckon all buffs should be ranged, not as short as the end buff but have a range. I think the limit should be from the tk to just short of a mile gate (so that the buffs lose effect when you go through a mile gate), or bring your bb to battle.

Thoughts?

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
Chronictank said:
I reckon all buffs should be ranged, not as short as the end buff but have a range. I think the limit should be from the tk to just short of a mile gate (so that the buffs lose effect when you go through a mile gate), or bring your bb to battle.

Thoughts?

or not ? fgs cant survive w/o buffbots a cave/aug shammy has sucky buffs and can u imagine how many stealthers would camp just within range of the buffs? all those alb stealthers camping amg would probably be able to kill a fg if not more same goes for the mid ones

Woggles

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic/GoA whoever would never implement this due to loss of money due to closed BB accts

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Altough.. this may sound good aswell... IF it only reaches to milegates.. stealthers can have unbuffed fights passed those milegates. So, not disadvantage to either of em (compared to buffed). Same for soloing non stealthers (if around :p)...

Would be unfair to the realm who 'owns' that zone tho.. Eg Emain. Albion has "buff zone" and so does midgard. Hibernia on the otherhand, won't have any..

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Thats why i said just short of the mile gates,
its all fair since buffs wont have effect fro either realm in the battle field, i.e the mile gate.

fgs cant survive w/o buffbots a cave/aug shammy has sucky buffs and can u imagine how many stealthers would camp just within range of the buffs?
Imo if you rely on a bb that much put him in grp, or is that gona spoil your fotm grp. There never used to be bbs and rvr was just as good if not better.
Stealthers can camp all they like on their side of the mile gate noone stopping them. Take into account these points:
1) All soloers would be on even ground, bbs no longer a necessity
2) People will no longer camp telekeeps as the home force would have an advantage.
3) Group rvr will actually require you to protect your buffers

Yes PVE will be the same, but do you honestly require your bb to as far away from u as a mile gate from a tk?

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Servers Down.
Bullshit Threats Up.

Losing Buffs if i pass male gate means i close my second Account and that means Mythic/GOA dont get Money from me anymore and multiple that with dunno ALL BB Accounts. What u think how much Money Mythic/GOA will lose?

So lets hope Servers get up again and Bullshit Threath get down.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Matmardigan said:
Servers Down.
Bullshit Threats Up.

Losing Buffs if i pass male gate means i close my second Account and that means Mythic/GOA dont get Money from me anymore and multiple that with dunno ALL BB Accounts. What u think how much Money Mythic/GOA will lose?

If you are going to edit your posts cant you atleast remove spelling & grammar errors?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
well duno bout u but this is an inteligent dicussion
so how bout u take ur bullshit post and stick it where the sun dont shine.

Im looking at this from a gamers point of view as we all know mythic/goa would never do it or they lose alot of money

Its a discusson so take your flame posts sumwhere else :twak:

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Matmardigan said:
Servers Down.
Bullshit Threats Up.

its not bs, wont ever happen cos nowadays every1 and his mum uses a bbot paying 2x month billing aka bussiness matter, but wasnt like that before and wish bbots had never kicked in, now retards like u cannot imagine daoc wo their sweet buffmonks and spam shit like this while waiting for their addiction servers to come up again.

ps: u sir, are an idiot.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
My point of is, that we all are bored.
Servers are Down but hey, lets start a bb discusion threat here.

@Divinia

uve right my grammar sux.
But if u can understand me, everything will be ok.

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
I hope they implement ranged buffs with the invention of Frontiers.
For example: buffs only work in the zone where bot is parked.
Imagine: All BBs are parked at the portal keeps, so invaders face botted stealthers who just defend their own realm.
If some stealther wants to invade other realm frontier zone, he can do it but without buffs. Or he can park his bot somewhere in enemy zone, and this is fine with most of players :)

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Keep the BBs coming guys .. means less work for me as a shaman in RvR :kissit:

But please, when im standing at MTK, please dont assume im a BB :twak:

The sad part about people using buffbots is that they cant tell the difference on Con/Str and End-regen when they get to play other classes than their stealther

... just because it has the same Icon!

Oh and people leaving the group because they cant all have con+str / Qui+Dex and End ... Been in several of groups where savages has left the group because they have either yellow specbuffs or not all buffs.

Had a thane leaving because I didnt want to buff him with Acuity Buff :clap:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
a self buffed fg would own a fg of stealthers with bbot buffs - heals, CC, end regen, RAs, rezzes.

it's silly to say a fg can't survive w/o bbot buffs. we would all do just fine. Albs would suffer a bit because of the 2 buffers in group vs 4, but who cares, it will NEVER HAPPEN cause the $$$$$$$.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
Had a thane leaving because I didnt want to buff him with Acuity Buff :clap:

lol @ that thane.. for the first i think he should be lucky just to get a grp :p and 2nd acuity buffs only work on focus casters :D

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
been discussed sooo many times before... will never happen.

Lothian Forestheart

Fledgling Freddie
Useless post

Do you really think Mythic will do anything about it? Many ppl have second accounts just for their BBs. If you can show to Mythic that it will generate more income for them when they are not around then maybe they will listen...

BBS ARE MONEY>>>>

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
There's a thread on VN about buffbots where someone had a quote from the ranger TL feedback.
This is the answer they got regarding buffbots in the TL report:

"Leaving the general debate regarding buffbots aside, I am not sure the buffbots themselves are the cause of balance issues. The problem I see is the marked difference in performance by a character who has top tier buffs compared (or versus) a character with no buffs. This is an issue that we're taking a very close look at."

There you have it. Buffbots are not the problem. Someone having buffs while others don't is.
Whatever that means, but hey, they're looking into it. :rolleyes:

/shrug

Personally, i don't understand what he means.
The "difference in performance by a character who has top tier buffs compared (or versus) a character with no buffs" shouldn't be a problem at all.
It only becomes a problem when the buffer can't be killed because it's standing safe at some tk.
This must be some clever answer to try and convince us that buffbots are fine :m00:

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
have you guys already forget the way the frontier will look in frontiers? There will be no more tk's and consequently the only easy place to put your buffbot would be the relic keep, unless you manage to move it to an enemy keep. However then he has atleast moved to that keep and the keep can be taken unlike tk's.

This will most likely mean that if you want a buffbot that you will either have to face the fact:
that when you are dead you will have to release and walk all the way back
that when you are dead you will be limited to your own frontier
or that when you died you will be rezzed, but without buffs from your buffbot

In any case the expansion will decrease the impact having a buffbot has, but there remains the problem that we dont know enough about it yet (was said that they were looking into getting to the action in RvR fast, but no one has an idea how they will manage that though).

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
BB's sux, but lets be realistic, atleast 30 % of players play classes which cant group and therefore cannot fight buffed grouped players. Its not beta anymore, and if you play a stealther or solo you better be buffed.

End regen
Power regen
Insta Debuffs
Insta cc
Spread heals
Last attacker/Face

These are just some of the xtra powers added to grouping chars, along with much better understanding and specs. The stealther classes havent got much
xtra power in that time. Atleast the BB system allows stealthers/soloers to play on even terms regarding buffs.

The true losers is not the grouped members, but the stealthers/soloers who
dont have access to buffs, for them the game is far from fair.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Kinad said:
BB's sux, but lets be realistic, atleast 30 % of players play classes which cant group and therefore cannot fight buffed grouped players. Its not beta anymore, and if you play a stealther or solo you better be buffed.

End regen
Power regen
Insta Debuffs
Insta cc
Spread heals
Last attacker/Face

These are just some of the xtra powers added to grouping chars, along with much better understanding and specs. The stealther classes havent got much
xtra power in that time. Atleast the BB system allows stealthers/soloers to play on even terms regarding buffs.

The true losers is not the grouped members, but the stealthers/soloers who
dont have access to buffs, for them the game is far from fair.

It cant happen to be the soloers starting to use buffbot that made it unfair in the beginning? noone got a buffbot at ding lvl50..

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Buffs wont be ranged, so this thread is useless ;x

Now I got a bb myself I don't really complain anymore heh, although I do feel sorry for the very rare unbuffed stealther :/

They waste ra's and stuff just to get 1 or 2 hits in, rest is all missed/evaded, but I can't run unbuffed cus one in 50 people isn't buffed :(

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
Buffs wont be ranged, so this thread is useless ;x

Now I got a bb myself I don't really complain anymore heh, although I do feel sorry for the very rare unbuffed stealther :/

They waste ra's and stuff just to get 1 or 2 hits in, rest is all missed/evaded, but I can't run unbuffed cus one in 50 people isn't buffed :(

this means my elfie is gonna need to stealthzerg! :flame:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
There's just no argument that putting range on buffs would improve the game. But bottom line is that it will never happen.

Nichneven

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

Thoughts?

It's a nice thought but like some others have said - Mythic will probably never let that happen... in the end they're a business and they want to suck as much money out of people as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom