To lag or not to lag..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
that is the question...

yes its a pun on a shakespear quote.

Dont blame Goa for the lag, unless its the server side lag :D

There is nothing much you can do, GoA can only do so much, they can "talk" to opentransit and try to sort out the routing problem. Then can liase with Mythic and try and optimise the code for daoc. They can buy better servers.

If the game is unplayable because you still have lag, then as hard as it seems dont play it, or do not renew your subscription till it is better.

Send ping plots and trace routes in if you WANT to, every little does help.

Remember its not your job to do this, your just doing out of courtesy to other players and GoA staff, in order for you to have a better gaming experience.

But ask yourself what are GoA( and Mythic) giving you in return, can you see a return on investmenst (ROI) of what you are giving them.

It comes a time when you are giving more than you are receiving.

GoA and mythic are running a business, they are not operating an MMORPG out ofthe kindness of their heart..

GoA (and mythic) should be asking what can they do for us , then what we can do for them..

:m00:

Soulbow

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
that is the question...

yes its a pun on a shakespear quote.

Dont blame Goa for the lag, unless its the server side lag :D

There is nothing much you can do, GoA can only do so much, they can "talk" to opentransit and try to sort out the routing problem. Then can liase with Mythic and try and optimise the code for daoc. They can buy better servers.

If the game is unplayable because you still have lag, then as hard as it seems dont play it, or do not renew your subscription till it is better.

Send ping plots and trace routes in if you WANT to, every little does help.

Remember its not your job to do this, your just doing out of courtesy to other players and GoA staff, in order for you to have a better gaming experience.

But ask yourself what are GoA( and Mythic) giving you in return, can you see a return on investmenst (ROI) of what you are giving them.

It comes a time when you are giving more than you are receiving.

GoA and mythic are running a business, they are not operating an MMORPG out ofthe kindness of their heart..

GoA (and mythic) should be asking what can they do for us , then what we can do for them..

:m00:

So it a case of "YOU SCRATCH MY BACK AND I'LL SCRATCH YOU'RS" Ploy :p

Mythic dont Listen
Goa dont listen
and Opentransit definetly dont listen :wanker:

Soulbow and many others

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Soulbow said:
So it a case of "YOU SCRATCH MY BACK AND I'LL SCRATCH YOU'RS" Ploy :p

Mythic dont Listen
Goa dont listen
and Opentransit definetly dont listen :wanker:

Soulbow and many others

And because they are not listening neither shall u.

Hurrah for urself and these many others.
maybe if u didnt whine about it and actually listend to scorges suggestion and tried to help it would get fixed faster.

Soulbow

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
And because they are not listening neither shall u.

Hurrah for urself and these many others.
maybe if u didnt whine about it and actually listend to scorges suggestion and tried to help it would get fixed faster.

And do you listen Errrrrrrrrr Nope So STFU :wanker:

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Soulbow said:
And do you listen Errrrrrrrrr Nope So STFU :wanker:
erm no you actually didn't listen, its "scratch my back if i scratch yours, if i cba as a gamer", thats what the poster starter wrote.
he says we have no obligation to help out GOA and hes correct, we dont, some do and hurray for them.

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
All the who does what crap aside we were promised better responses after 1.71 and we are not getting them, in fact its worse. Its about time GOA gave us some real information and fixes, not just empty promises.

Axuk

Fledgling Freddie
I am finding it increasingly hard to understand how Open Transit as the main net provider can fail to fix their problem if their customers are telling them there is a problem for months on end. If it is OT then more companies than just GOA will be complaining surely?

Is it OT, really?
Has GOA really complained?

Every patch we are told things will improve. Every patch the lag has got worse. Every patch more people quit :/.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Oh come on you surely didnt believe the 1.71 will fix some lag issues fable did you? It just bought them some time and provided the GMs on here a blag to all the 'whens this poxy lag gonna be addressed?' questions from the paying customers.The sad thing is this is a crucial time in daocs long term future what with WOW and the rest getting ever closer to full releases and with goa pressing the self destruct button harder WOW won`t have to be a great game to attract the majority now,just have a stable server and i`ll play it :)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
OpenTransit has fixed their issues.
The servers no longer exhibit any latency.

However, now it's GoA/Wanado's gateway that's broken :/

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
OpenTransit has fixed their issues.
The servers no longer exhibit any latency.

However, now it's GoA/Wanado's gateway that's broken :/

reallyyyyyyyy :wanker:

well go fix it any way i dont give a shit what is broken or if any is broken

just fix it is all :flame:

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Clan Fist said:
reallyyyyyyyy :wanker:

well go fix it any way i dont give a shit what is broken or if any is broken

just fix it is all :flame:
:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread