To Goa

R

Rollie_David

Due to your suscription page being down and none of us being able to re-subscribe, it would only make sense that you give those whose subscriptions that ran out while the page has been down free days on there account so they can still play until the page is back up so we can re-subscribe.

S

ssera

just so you know, it's a bank holiday today in France so *nothing* will happen 'til tomorrow at the earliest ;)

X

xrn

I don't care if the days untill i can re-subscribe are free, i just want to play :p

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by ssera
just so you know, it's a bank holiday today in France so *nothing* will happen 'til tomorrow at the earliest ;)

doh

S

syngress

Originally posted by Strapon Sally
Due to your suscription page being down and none of us being able to re-subscribe, it would only make sense that you give those whose subscriptions that ran out while the page has been down free days on there account so they can still play until the page is back up so we can re-subscribe.

You would have thought that getting people money and keeping your customers happy would warrant this being sorted out ASAP......but then again this is GOA were talking about

S

Spyf

Originally posted by ssera

Afaik credit card payments dont take holidays.
Fix it GOA or loose customors :m00:

X

xrn

As they wrote in the news, they are having problems with the payment system, so maybe they are working on it and because of holiday it won't get fixed today? anyway i don't care that much anymore, i've lived without it for 6 days now, its not that bad anymore :p

L

liste

its not actually GOA who are ficing it. its the credit card company they do business with <as posted in the news as well>

I

iolaire

Dear GOA:

You are useless. I work for a company serving online games and we would NEVER have had a 4 day registration downtime without so much as a PEEP about ETA for a fix or even a general status report. You are AWFUL. Any downtime is serious, and the thought that you've all just sodded off for a long weekend simply beggars belief. I'm not going to quit since I have time invested in the game, but don't expect to keep your revenue if you continue to to treat your paying customers with such CONTEMPT.

iolaire

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by iolaire
I work for a company serving online games and we would NEVER have had a 4 day registration downtime without so much as a PEEP about ETA for a fix or even a general status report.

you haven't read the news, have you? :)

M

Malifika

What news? The only news I can find about subscription problems, on the news section, is from before the downtime, and doesnt say anything about taking the sub pages down for maintenance, and having it down for 4+ (?) days.

F

Feac_

taken from the friday news

"Subscription Problem :

For some days now we have been receiving an increasing amount of messages from players having some trouble with subscribing to DAoC. After investigation, we found out that the number of "refused" subscription (which usually happens when there is a problem with your payment information, your bank or the billing process) is above normal. The company handling the online billing process, Bibit, is working on the problem and hopefully will fix it soon.
Meanwhile, if you are unable to subscribe, the only solution at this time is to try with another mean of payment (different credit card, etc). We will inform you as soon as there are changes in this situation.
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1139

A

Athralmall

That news relates to problems with some cards being refused, hence the bit at the end about trying another card.

It does not refer to problems with the subs pages being down altogether.

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Athralmall
That news relates to problems with some cards being refused, hence the bit at the end about trying another card.

It does not refer to problems with the subs pages being down altogether.

:rolleyes: forgive me for trying to be helpfull

:p

H

hellraisermk2

Bah, I ding 50 on a second character. Log out to go over to Pwryd and find out my subs have ran out. I'm getting a message that it'll be back up in a few minutes time, but I get the feeling it's complete utter bull.

R

Rory4

That's odd, the only message I got was that the pages have been taken down for maintenance. Nothing about the pages being available. I've been trying periodically over the day, but nothing so far.

L

lofff

this is so... goa

its summer and i can only get 1-2 hours to play per day now, cant say its really disturbing me but its still pathetic. They screwed exca 1 whole sunday and gave us 1 free day.. they screw subs pages for that long and leave us outa game.. they wont lose money by unlocking our accounts till subs are running again..

S

Sharma

Originally posted by iolaire
Dear GOA:

You are useless. I work for a company serving online games and we would NEVER have had a 4 day registration downtime without so much as a PEEP about ETA for a fix or even a general status report. You are AWFUL. Any downtime is serious, and the thought that you've all just sodded off for a long weekend simply beggars belief. I'm not going to quit since I have time invested in the game, but don't expect to keep your revenue if you continue to to treat your paying customers with such CONTEMPT.

iolaire

GG gettin a reply for that.

F

frogster

Imo these things happen, but, if i were a customer support leader for a large online community i would extend accounts on a day by day basis as a form of credit until the payment system was back up. Then close the closed accounts once the system is online again, and when they are activiated again, take into account the "credits" and deduct them from the subscription.

Sounds a little too simple perhaps?

L

lofff

Originally posted by frogster
Imo these things happen, but, if i were a customer support leader for a large online community i would extend accounts on a day by day basis as a form of credit until the payment system was back up. Then close the closed accounts once the system is online again, and when they are activiated again, take into account the "credits" and deduct them from the subscription.

Sounds a little too simple perhaps?

that "deducting" thingie would make it for me but too complex, and actually its not needed, they aint getting cash anyway by leaving us outta game, while they lose popularity (if they still hold any) and mb clients.. simply unlock the accounts till u fix it (which shouldnt take that long neither) then lock em again.

T

The Real Redi

Hey, look at it like this - those of us who have been playing 18 months + (since release, virtually) and have poured hundreds of hours and pounds (or euros or whatever) into this game, have been on bended knee, begging for GoA/Mythic to release this long awaited RvR expansion/patch, but they decide we're worth tosh, and choose to release Trials of Atlantis and Foundations looong before they pander to the wants of those of us who keep the realm ticking over.

In fact, i think i'll take it upon myself to go hunting for some names of the bosses over at the relevant companies, and perhaps a couple of Email addys, then maybe we can band together, and crash their mail server with what we actually think of the dire service and total lack of interest in their current userbase, compared to the desire to drag more poor souls in for subs, with pretty add ons, and pointless patches.

I cannot believe that those who hold court in Mythic can't see what is happening to the european side of DAoC, and that not one single decision maker has heard the pleading of the thousands of us they rely on to (ultimately) pay their wages

Ill get back to you guys if i can find a nice Email addy to give the boss a nice surprise when he swans back into his office next :wall:

update: hmm, so far i've noticed the tendancy to hide behind rotten clients to resolve questions and problems, but i found this on the Mythic Entertainment website:

If you have questions concerning Mythic Entertainment, please send them to info@mythicentertainment.com
I think a good question is "What the hell do we have to do in Europe to get someone to liten to us????"

Their Head of Customer Support's name is Jeff Hickman, so perhaps a few addressed to him might get a reply.

O

old.Tohtori

Also let's remember the laws of consequence:

something produced by a cause or necessarily following from a set of conditions

Let's see how it goes:

Sub-pages down for 1hour(rough) ---> Happens to be sub payment day ---> People start to pile up(on the server) ---> Server for the Sub-pages gets a bit..stuffed(with 3000+ people trying to get there) ---> People keep on trying to get to the pages ---> Getting server up becoming impossible with increasing connection attempts all the time ---> Shutdown server alltogether ---> Bank wondering about not getting their monthly cash ---> Send requests on reason for over 5000 players to GOA ---> GOA mailing system crashes over mailflow from bank and players ---> Sub-page server and mailing system down and gameservers empty due to automated sub renewal being linked to sub-page server ---> Unable to write news about it because the news section linked to Sub-pages ---> Shutdown systems and reset ---> Create patch to prevent this from happening ---> Players notice that things are back online and every single player tries to reach the sub-pages and autosubs try to reach the gameservers--->Sup-pages crash from overload and gameservers get flooded when 3000 people try to download the patch...(you get the point, i was bored)

O

osy

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Also let's remember the laws of consequence:

something produced by a cause or necessarily following from a set of conditions

Let's see how it goes:

Sub-pages down for 1hour(rough) ---> Happens to be sub payment day ---> People start to pile up(on the server) ---> Server for the Sub-pages gets a bit..stuffed(with 3000+ people trying to get there) ---> People keep on trying to get to the pages ---> Getting server up becoming impossible with increasing connection attempts all the time ---> Shutdown server alltogether ---> Bank wondering about not getting their monthly cash ---> Send requests on reason for over 5000 players to GOA ---> GOA mailing system crashes over mailflow from bank and players ---> Sub-page server and mailing system down and gameservers empty due to automated sub renewal being linked to sub-page server ---> Unable to write news about it because the news section linked to Sub-pages ---> Shutdown systems and reset ---> Create patch to prevent this from happening ---> Players notice that things are back online and every single player tries to reach the sub-pages and autosubs try to reach the gameservers--->Sup-pages crash from overload and gameservers get flooded when 3000 people try to download the patch...(you get the point, i was bored)

I'm never going to get a vacation.

H

hellraisermk2

Is there any way to get any sort of comment from a GOA official as to when they expect the pages to be back up, and why they've been down so long? It's a bit much to leave them "under maintainance" for a number of days without any indication as to when they'll be back up.

L

lofff

Response (CS) 07/15/2003 02:09 PM
Hello,

Subscription pages are temporarily unreachable due to a maintenance.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

GOA client service always so helpful and informative.........

O

old.Tohtori

Response (CS) 07/15/2003 02:11 PM
Hello,

Update to previous message. We don't exactly know when the subscription pages will be up and running, mostly because we are still trying to locate the server for it. As soon as Jim gets back from his holiday in the bahamas we will fix the problem.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom