To DAoC or not to DAoC

rayben

Fledgling Freddie
All the talk about "the good old days in DAoC" and the fact that the Mythic guys are saying how much they've taken with them from DAoC to WAR makes me very curious about the game and I feel I've missed out on something.

Is it worth downloading the trial or will I get DAoC and then some just playing WAR?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Its days are in the past, now the server populations arent there to make it worthwhile.

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
You'll get a taste of daoc with war, but it won't be the same.
Don't bother downloading though; english servers are dead and war will prolly kill all the others.

rayben

Fledgling Freddie
I suspected as much.
From the screenshots, info and what I've tasted of RvR in WAR so far I can't help but feel that I've wasted my time playing WoW when I could have wasted it playind DAoC.

Oh well, "out with the old and in with the new" as we say in Sweden.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
ya the good old daoc-days were the bees knees :)
Looking back on those days Im glad I was a part of it, was probably the most fun Iv ever had infront of a computer. Teamwork was great and the feeling of unity withinn ones realm was unrivaled by any mmo after it imo.

...but DAoCs days are numbered now tho, like someone stated above me it does'nt have a big enugh population anymore and no influx of new players.
Im deff missing daoc when I play war tho, but Im missing what daoc was not what it is :)

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
I suspected as much.
From the screenshots, info and what I've tasted of RvR in WAR so far I can't help but feel that I've wasted my time playing WoW when I could have wasted it playind DAoC.

Oh well, "out with the old and in with the new" as we say in Sweden.

Just be happy you never had to play the TOA expansion.

Elated

Fledgling Freddie
i downloaded the trial.. got all emotionel.. but then i thought to myself.. there are like 600 players on the servers.. why bother.. givf old prydwen and excal days then i might consider playing it again if it goes back to old classic.. all these extra expansions screwed it for me.. i lost my interest in toa.. :p now its WAR time :D

mooSe_

FH is my second home
All games have a life that eventually runs out, and if you play a game long enough you usually have fond memories of it, but its better to move on than hang onto something old as you miss out on some really great games (like someone staying in DAOC or WOW rather than moving to WAR imo).

Everz

FH is my second home
From what i suspect, mythic are going to offer a double subscription with daoc at an extra $5/month giving all WAR players who have a sub a free month on it, flock the toa servers and just make one and offer char copy there and add mordred/gaheris on as portals whilst launching the origins ruleset thus keeping daoc going on.

:ninja:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
From what i suspect, mythic are going to offer a double subscription with daoc at an extra $5/month giving all WAR players who have a sub a free month on it, flock the toa servers and just make one and offer char copy there and add mordred/gaheris on as portals whilst launching the origins ruleset thus keeping daoc going on.

:ninja:
The mexican has the right idea!

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
All the talk about "the good old days in DAoC" and the fact that the Mythic guys are saying how much they've taken with them from DAoC to WAR makes me very curious about the game and I feel I've missed out on something.

Is it worth downloading the trial or will I get DAoC and then some just playing WAR?

Download the trial. :) We are having a blast there every day. Remember to go on the US-servers.

.. I wont be playing warhammer once my sub runs out, the game is too wow-ish. Warhammer is the console version (read: Cut down version) of a GREAT game (daoc).

MrBic

Part of the furniture
You'll get a taste of daoc with war, but it won't be the same.
Don't bother downloading though; english servers are dead and war will prolly kill all the others.

Fyren! Whatserver are you gonna play? and will there be any ote old HoR's playing WaR that you know of?:cheers:

Soraellion

Fledgling Freddie
Not too long ago I got a "please come back" from Mythic, DLed the client loaded up and found my char in SI. Looked at the graphics, looked at the interface, tried to move around and all but it was just not logical and it felt aged and forgotten. It's dead, there were 29 people on the server but I'm glad I could see it for myself just to make sure.

I would have loved WAR to be DAoC 2.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc still is the best game, tried WaR but consider it junk, dident get any WOW what a game feeling at all even tho i was in closed beta so played it some,ppl with open beta mainly go COOL omg best game ever but you do that at the start then it fades.

Origins server is soon to come old frontiers no ML's,toa,cata etc etc (how daoc was 2001/2002) exept for a few things read on herald for it.

The server will come in the US only im pretty sure,But will be a blast it is currently on pendragon "US test server" been there checking it out some totally kicked ass.

99% sure there be enough ppl 2000 on peak and im all OK and im sure it will be.

We be forming an EU guild there i belive, 9ppl atm but sure that will increase know alot of old excal ppl that are currently on the US classic servers that will jump on the train aswell once server is up.See what happends want small guild not a GoL zerg

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
In primetime, we hit atleast 1600 people primetime, on my cluster. (that's before warhammer, dunno the current, but SURE is FAR from dead) :).

Roll US-char, and send me a msg for help.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc still is the best game, tried WaR but consider it junk, dident get any WOW what a game feeling at all even tho i was in closed beta so played it some,ppl with open beta mainly go COOL omg best game ever but you do that at the start then it fades.

Origins server is soon to come old frontiers no ML's,toa,cata etc etc (how daoc was 2001/2002) exept for a few things read on herald for it.

The server will come in the US only im pretty sure,But will be a blast it is currently on pendragon "US test server" been there checking it out some totally kicked ass.

99% sure there be enough ppl 2000 on peak and im all OK and im sure it will be.

We be forming an EU guild there i belive, 9ppl atm but sure that will increase know alot of old excal ppl that are currently on the US classic servers that will jump on the train aswell once server is up.See what happends want small guild not a GoL zerg

Are those 9 ppl NP?
Alot of people on the US are going /region omg give me old frontier, so i think you'll see more than 2000 people on peak @ origins.

rayben

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if I was curious before, I'm almost anxious about it now :)
I think I will go trial some day soon, when I got a little bit more free time.

Oh, and Cowl: Thanks! I just might do that :)

B

Benedictine

I remain unconvinced that Origins will ever get off the ground tbh

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
I remain unconvinced that Origins will ever get off the ground tbh

It will friar punk:p it is already on pendragon as i said, there are not set date, but the head of mythic has posted all changes they making and server is to come up sometime in aug/sep and sence it is on pendragon i asume next patching time?

So more or less you can say already that it is alive....And i do belive there general manager would not state sutch things if it was not true (from GoA i guess they could), also i belive VN would not have a "Origins" board and so on if they are just fireing gunpowder.

However time will show who has wrong/right. I had faith in mythic and i asume all WaR players have aswell or they would not play a game from a company that already dragged maybe the best pvp/rvr based game ever in the pool of trash.

Anyways hope to see some of you bungholes there once it is up and running.....

serverboard http://vnboards.ign.com/daoc_origins/b23269/p1

herald http://www.camelotherald.com/section.php?id=43

Dident finid the actual statement from the mythic head but it is around there....

hakoir

Fledgling Freddie
I am going there for sure, What side you going for ?
Was thinking mid again

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Are those 9 ppl NP?
Alot of people on the US are going /region omg give me old frontier, so i think you'll see more than 2000 people on peak @ origins.

Agree, i think with quite easy mode there be a servercap, perhaps the pesky germans will stay on there EU server but i do belive most others will come over and alot of old players that played the game for the rvr not farming artifacts,looking panzy will rejoin aswell..

But still 2000 on peak is perfectly OK, dont want 2000ppl at amg anyways;)

Borek

Regular Freddie
Unfortunately DAoC never got advertised so even though it's a good game no one hears about it and the population, particularly for the EU servers, is pathetic. Last time i played i was pretty much fighting the same guy with his 3 tow-bots all the time.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Origins sound fantastic. Im very tempted to come back to DAoC for it (and play US this time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom