To Been the bd

Dorny

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there:)
I was in bg with my shield merc Dualist last night, when i saw a very skilled pink Valkyn bd...
i was really impressed when i saw your skills with a bd, and i really hope u can learn me some of the moves some day...
well how do u do? strafe and spam lifetap? omg what l33t skills u got.. hehe lol.. i think its lame to roll one of the most overpowered classes and strafe bug.. lol..

Ironmonk 24 friar (uber sc)
Dualist 24 Merc:D
Ozo 21 gimped infi
Blezzed 21 gimped pally:D

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure if he reads you post he'll go crying to his mummy, join the Jehova's Witnesses, repent all his sins and then spent the rest of his life trying to sell god door-to-door...

Thanks a fucking lot. :(

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Response (CM) 01/07/2005 11:46 AM
Greetings,
Thanks for the query. Use of lag tricks such as running through your opponent or strafing to defeat /stick is not considered punishable abuse at this time however it is also not considered to be 'working as intended' and a fix is under consideration. In summary, it isn't cheating however it isn't considered to be good gamesmanship. Maneouvring to prevent enemies getting behind you or to get a better position for yourself is one thing, maneouvring for the sole purpose of exploiting the client/server delay is another entirely.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

It's not a bug, hence he can't be said to be "strafe bug .. lol" abusing.

/face :clap:

Dorny

Fledgling Freddie
it isn't a bug? i think its lame anyway.. u can't use styles, so u do like half dmg, so u don't stand a chance against a bd... if it where a melee fighter u could just engage them and move back...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
well im sure by the time you reach lvl 50 you will be running through people to stop them casting at you

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
his skills equals the alb skill of spamming pets at people ...omg what a l33t spell i ownznxsesd <spam pet> <spam pet> <spam pet> <spam pet>

stfu !

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
There's a simple fix to that one , get rid of the face requirement for casting.

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
as of casters arent OP as it is u wanna take away their only weakness and give them 360degree casting lol

and as far as Been is concerned

if he is who i think he is, he is not strafe-ing all the time,
then again when u want to survive against 7-1 albfavoured odds

I, (note : I) would pull every trick i could use

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
It's not a bug, hence he can't be said to be "strafe bug .. lol" abusing.

/face :clap:

Well it is a bug. As he said they are trying to figure out how to fix it, since it has something to do with the game mechanics it's not an easy fix. It's a bug, it is however not cheating, just lame.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Blackjack said:
Well it is a bug. As he said they are trying to figure out how to fix it, since it has something to do with the game mechanics it's not an easy fix. It's a bug, it is however not cheating, just lame.

Not working as intended isn't the same as bug. The fixes for it are so simple it's laughable too

1) Make it so you miss everytime you straff, not just a chance of missing. Or even make you have a chance of fumbling.

2) Code the game so that if you /face an opponent then he cannot be considered 'out of view' only out of range.

The second one doesn't cause them to be 360 degree viewablel, just prevents people from running round you.
Simple and easy solutions to it.

Pesonally, I think running round people is part of the game and it does take some level of skill to do it correctly. Straffing is a bit lame though.

Helme

Resident Freddy
RS|Phil said:
Pesonally, I think running round people is part of the game and it does take some level of skill to do it correctly. Straffing is a bit lame though.

Its more the other way around.. strafing requires some skill, running throught is really hardmode.. run rightthrought hit stick rinse and repeat.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
seeph said:
as of casters arent OP as it is u wanna take away their only weakness and give them 360degree casting lol

Then dont whine about strafing its exactly he same thing, abusing dynamics to fumble styles.

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeph

Then dont whine about strafing its exactly he same thing, abusing dynamics to fumble styles.

erhm????, I wasn't the 1 whining about strafing :)

BTW talked to Been, seems the actual poster forgot to tell that out of 7 fight in 6 he had 2 infiladds and they all 3 died. 7th fight he brought a 3rd infil add and they won.

Been also usually does not strafe, but when 3 attack u use what u need.

furthermore ....
QQ more indd

Dorny

Fledgling Freddie
lol.. when i saw him the first time i attacked him alone, and he startet strafing at once.. then a infi came too.. and i only met him 3-4 times when he strafed.. the other times i didn't even attack him, coz he would strafe again..

hakoir

Fledgling Freddie
omfg, reroll mid and get a bd if u think its so OP and easy,
get some skills,and u can take down any char with any char(healer´s bit tricky dhu)

or get in the zerg like the rest if u cant solo

dont whine just becose u die :twak:

(i am not saying this becose i have skill´s i am a noob
but i play the game without to whine and have real fun)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
hakoir said:
omfg, reroll mid and get a bd if u think its so OP and easy,
get some skills,and u can take down any char with any char(healer´s bit tricky dhu)

or get in the zerg like the rest if u cant solo

dont whine just becose u die :twak:

(i am not saying this becose i have skill´s i am a noob
but i play the game without to whine and have real fun)

Rofl.. Just because he cant kille a stafing bd in 1 vs 1 dont mean he need more skills... Not many classes who can beat a strafing bd but then again not everybody are so l33t as you....

Edit: I dont think bds are overpowert ;) i know :p

hakoir

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
Rofl.. Just because he cant kille a stafing bd in 1 vs 1 dont mean he need more skills... Not many classes who can beat a strafing bd but then again not everybody are so l33t as you....

Edit: I dont think bds are overpowert ;) i know :p

Pls read my post again
i never sad i am l33t iam even saying i am n00b
and alot of classes can

and my father beats your father and hes a cop :eek7:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
hakoir said:
Pls read my post again
i never sad i am l33t iam even saying i am n00b
and alot of classes can

and my father beats your father and hes a cop :eek7:

Well... if you are a noob then start posting about something you duno anything about... Bd is one of the most overpowert classes 1 vs 1 ingame... An you cant beat a bd who is strafing because you cant makes styles on him... no style = no damage an if you did not know bds for healer pet an instant life leech... :eek7:

Edit: if you are a tank that is :p

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
A well played bd dont need to strafe and i have met some. A well played bd actually he can kill u in no time on bgs :)

I have stated on previous post taht bd is the best class for bg :). Whoever has one must have a great fun.

The only thing that is pity is that lots of bds dont actually take advantage of their class capabilities and just do the strafing ,lifetap. But everyone is free to play as he likes. Ofc strafe, lifetap is not recomended on rvr :).

One tried to do it coming close to me ...

moc, pbaoe ... bb bd :clap:

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Agree or not with the strafing id put a sorc vs bd 1v1 most days of the week and u want to talk skillz?Try being on the end of the conga line of multi stunning,snaring pets that just stream out from alb casters,at least the bd has to move and press the lifetap button i suppose,the pet spammers dont even have to do that just spam pets an let them kill the target as they try to run,get stunned and beaten up,stun drops,runs a bit further,stunned again,beaten a little more,stun drops,stunned,you get the picture :m00:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
Agree or not with the strafing id put a sorc vs bd 1v1 most days of the week and u want to talk skillz?Try being on the end of the conga line of multi stunning,snaring pets that just stream out from alb casters,at least the bd has to move and press the lifetap button i suppose,the pet spammers dont even have to do that just spam pets an let them kill the target as they try to run,get stunned and beaten up,stun drops,runs a bit further,stunned again,beaten a little more,stun drops,stunned,you get the picture :m00:

Gl beating a bd in bg with a sorc.. Maybe with moc 1 an lvl 50 ;) but not as lvl 24 or what he is... been pwnt by to many bds on camlann with my sorc (35) you need to kill them one 1-2 shoot with out moc ;)

Edit: not a whine about bds btw ;) just hate when ppl starting to say bds are not overpowert an every class can beat them with some skills...

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Who ever thinks that a sorc can kill a bd on bgs he just dont have a clue. We are talking for 1vs1.Even if u mezz them after first nuke since casting times suck u ll get lifetaped. With moc1 u will do max damage around 50 so the only thing that this will do is to delay your death for a few secs.

For rvr ofc things are different but here is a bg discussion :)

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Dorny said:
Hi there:)
I was in bg with my shield merc Dualist last night, when i saw a very skilled pink Valkyn bd...
i was really impressed when i saw your skills with a bd, and i really hope u can learn me some of the moves some day...
well how do u do? strafe and spam lifetap? omg what l33t skills u got.. hehe lol.. i think its lame to roll one of the most overpowered classes and strafe bug.. lol..

Ironmonk 24 friar (uber sc)
Dualist 24 Merc:D
Ozo 21 gimped infi
Blezzed 21 gimped pally:D
Dude!..
Ask some infiltrator to add some disease on your weaps and you'll be fine with a bd =]
--- edit ---
Btw.. i'm not even sure disease stops him from refilling his HP bar btw... But some other NS told me ;)

all BD's i pa'd so far went from 100% hp to 20% hp then 1 or 2 garrotes and /victory

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
Dude!..
Ask some infiltrator to add some disease on your weaps and you'll be fine with a bd =]
--- edit ---
Btw.. i'm not even sure disease stops him from refilling his HP bar btw... But some other NS told me ;)

all BD's i pa'd so far went from 100% hp to 20% hp then 1 or 2 garrotes and /victory

You know pa does more damage then hitting with no styles ? ;)

also think you would need a very skilled cleric to pwn a necro 1 vs 1 ;) If someone can do that plz make a movie about it because i wanna watch it :D

SiddlesVonHell

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree

I did disease with my NS and yes, bd was at 20% health but little to do against strafing, run-throughs, lifetap and pet healing.

The only BDs I attack are the sitting ones or if I am feeling lucky. I will however attack valkyn and kobie BDs occasionally, trolls I are just best left alone.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
SiddlesVonHell said:
I disagree

I did disease with my NS and yes, bd was at 20% health but little to do against strafing, run-throughs, lifetap and pet healing.

The only BDs I attack are the sitting ones or if I am feeling lucky. I will however attack valkyn and kobie BDs occasionally, trolls I are just best left alone.
By strafing you mean /stick on you. and Q - W buttons (default)
if so.. whats the big deal with strafing ;)
Just walk backwards and he cant strafe around you that much anymore =]
Atleast that is what i try mostly ;)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
By strafing you mean /stick on you. and Q - W buttons (default)
if so.. whats the big deal with strafing ;)
Just walk backwards and he cant strafe around you that much anymore =]
Atleast that is what i try mostly ;)

well... That only works on "tanks" if you move backwards he can just stop an start nukeing... :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom