to all zerkers and others with knowhow about the game

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
I need some help on which weapons to use with dmg type, main ofhand and spec.

The spec im going to use is 39hammer and 39sword or axe and 50LA
so what would be best 39sword or 39axe with the high dmg front style?

and would it be better to have malice in mainhand as axe and have croc in offhand and have battler as changable mainhand hammer for other dmg type?

or

have corc mainhand, malice offhand and battler(crush) in changeable ?

so what would be the bast way to put it together with a split spec ?

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Axe has better positionals, with the frontal and side style both with high growth rates. However you wouldn't do as much damage anyway with 39 spec so your LA styles will still be superior.

Only thing sword offers is better artifact combinations, as at 39 spec you wouldn't even get ragnarok.

The only reason people do the split spec is for the choice of the two dmg types main hand (crush and slash), they will still for the most part be spamming LA styles.

So it's trivial really between axe and sword as they both do slash damage, sword however opens more doors weapon wise. Spear of Kings, Battler the nice ML10 sword. Axe however you have errrr none, as you'll most probably be using malice offhand anyway. Croc Tooth offhand for a zerker is so utterly pointless when you're a DPS class who will most of the time be running with celerity anyway (no need for LA Haste), so slower the better. Traitors is alright for the proc, but again its fast and 15 DPS.

Z

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
i'd go with malice offhand, battler crush for hammer and sok sword for sword

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
what about

M=croc(sword), O=malice(axe), Battler(hammer) to swarp with ?

the reason for malice in main hand was to get it to proc abit more

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
croc is too fast imo for mainhand weapon, would go either malice off sok/battler main/2h or vice versa

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
You are a zerker no? :p

Exact same chance for Malice to proc in your offhand as it is has in your mainhand, as LA mechanics deem your offhand to swing every round.

Croc Tooth Mainhand is silly, as it's 3.5 speed.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
well i hit more with my mainhand then my offhand, more that is was thinking about

so its croc in off hand or malice/battler/sok combo

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, but croc tooth offhand as I stated in my first post is a waste of time for a zerker as it's too fast. Granted it will take advantage of LA haste but as you'll no doubt have some form of celerity from your group there is no reason not to run with 2 x 4.1 weapons as you will simply do greater DPS.

Elendar got it spot on the money imo, SoK/Malice Crush Battler/Malice for the interchangeables.

Maybe a Bruiser 2handed then incase you want to bash some doors or something. Better yet I'd go Bruiser/Malice and Battler in the 2handed slot so you can have the battler charge ready at all times.

Hope this helps!

Z

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
croc in off-hand is smart..

LA haste still gives you extra DPS

and depending on your race, you might not even cap swing speed with celerity

plus celerity is never up for the full fight, if it is it usualy means your trouncing the enemy and it doesnt matter what weapon setup you use then :p

I would go Malice(mh hammer) Croc (oh axe) Battler(mh sword unless you can get sok)

The only styles I would use would be LA styles, and conquer

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
croc in off-hand is smart..

LA haste still gives you extra DPS

and depending on your race, you might not even cap swing speed with celerity

plus celerity is never up for the full fight, if it is it usualy means your trouncing the enemy and it doesnt matter what weapon setup you use then :p

I would go Malice(mh hammer) Croc (oh axe) Battler(mh sword unless you can get sok)

The only styles I would use would be LA styles, and conquer

No point using conquer unless your desperately want to snare, LA back styles will far outdamage it. Zerkers have snare proc and charge so really no need to use snare styles. Also i agree with Zed, croc tooth is useless for a zerker.

The swing speed difference between using malice offhand and croc tooth dagger will be minimal, if noticeable, when hasted.. whereas having a 4.1 offhand the damage will be noticeably higher. Malice proc also makes it probably the best offhand available, having it offhand means your always gonna have it equipped which is nice.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
No point using conquer unless your desperately want to snare, LA back styles will far outdamage it. Zerkers have snare proc and charge so really no need to use snare styles. Also i agree with Zed, croc tooth is useless for a zerker.

I assumed people would realise that understand that I meant only use conquer when you want to snare, otherwise what would be the point? LA styles have higher growthrate, and he said he would be speccing 39weap, which would further mean lower damage.

So your not disagreeing with me on the style part, so I dunno why you replied with that oO

Cozak said:
The swing speed difference between using malice offhand and croc tooth dagger will be minimal, if noticeable, when hasted.. whereas having a 4.1 offhand the damage will be noticeably higher. Malice proc also makes it probably the best offhand available, having it offhand means your always gonna have it equipped which is nice.

Guess what, you will also see bigger numbers if you drop quickness in template, and dont take a dex/qui buff. But that doesnt mean higher damage over time.

Croc in off-hand will give greater DPS.

Also, the Malice Proc while nice, combined with the Croc proc they are uber together.

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
As for fg vs fg specced I use hammer battler, offhand malice, sword sok. Like procs, charges...rox.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
I have to temps to chose from when i goe split spec ... one with croc as offhand, and one with malice offhand

Malice offhand and sok in main
Config Report

Stats

Str: 104 Int: 0 Hits: 256
Con: 102 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 33 Cha: 0
Qui: 96 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 27 Energy: 22 Crush: 32 (2)
Cold: 26 (5) Matter: 22 Thrust: 26
Heat: 25 Spirit: 22 Slash: 27 (3)

Skills

4 Hammer

4 Sword

4 Axe

Focus

Cap Increases

21 Qui

80 Hits

25 Str

25 Con

Other Bonuses

7 Melee Damage Bonus

10 Fatigue

14 Melee Speed Bonus

9 Style Damage Bonus

The one with corc offhand, and malice in main
Config Report

Stats

Str: 115 Int: 0 Hits: 276
Con: 102 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 60 Cha: 0
Qui: 96 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 25 Energy: 24 Crush: 28 (2)
Cold: 27 (5) Matter: 20 Thrust: 25
Heat: 24 Spirit: 20 Slash: 26 (3)

Skills

2 Hammer

2 Sword

2 Axe

Focus

Cap Increases

21 Qui

40 Hits

25 Str

25 Con

Other Bonuses

5 Fatigue

11 Melee Damage Bonus

9 Melee Speed Bonus

12 Style Damage Bonus

What should i use ?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
I assumed people would realise that understand that I meant only use conquer when you want to snare, otherwise what would be the point? LA styles have higher growthrate, and he said he would be speccing 39weap, which would further mean lower damage.

So your not disagreeing with me on the style part, so I dunno why you replied with that oO

Guess what, you will also see bigger numbers if you drop quickness in template, and dont take a dex/qui buff. But that doesnt mean higher damage over time.

Croc in off-hand will give greater DPS.

Also, the Malice Proc while nice, combined with the Croc proc they are uber together.

Test it, Im telling you now malice off with battler/sok main will far outdamage any combo involving croc tooth.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
Test it, Im telling you now malice off with battler/sok main will far outdamage any combo involving croc tooth.

with SoK Malice it will outdamage.

Not with Battler/Malice though.

You test it, ever heard of LA haste?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
with SoK Malice it will outdamage.

Not with Battler/Malice though.

You test it, ever heard of LA haste?

I have told you the difference in swing speed between using a 3.5offhand and 4.1 offhand is next to nothing, especially when hasted. The extra damage you will get from using a 4.1 offhand will, by far, increase DPS. Not so hard to understand.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
I have told you the difference in swing speed between using a 3.5offhand and 4.1 offhand is next to nothing, especially when hasted. The extra damage you will get from using a 4.1 offhand will, by far, increase DPS. Not so hard to understand.

No it wont. LA Haste increases your style damage over time.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
oi thornar come back i still gotta duel you now i got my toa kit sorted :)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Quite simply, from an SB perspective Croc Tooth offhand is great, making use of LA haste etc. As a Berserker however I wouldn't dream of using anything but Malice Offhand. (or another 4.1 speed offhand axe).

When you factor in Celerity and haste, which Nelax will always be running with, the extra swing speed that a fast offhander offers is null and void. The extra damage a slower offhand boasts though is very much still in the play.

In fact Celerity coupled with LA mechanics is exactly why Zerker dps > Merc DPS.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
Quite simply, from an SB perspective Croc Tooth offhand is great, making use of LA haste etc. As a Berserker however I wouldn't dream of using anything but Malice Offhand. (or another 4.1 speed offhand axe).

Strange, because as far as I can remeber SB's and Berserkers LA calculations were identical (except for some style growthrates).

Zedenz said:
When you factor in Celerity and haste, which Nelax will always be running with, the extra swing speed that a fast offhander offers is null and void. The extra damage a slower offhand boasts though is very much still in the play.

In fact Celerity coupled with LA mechanics is exactly why Zerker dps > Merc DPS.
If you think celerity will allways be up your being mislead. And there are many reasons why Zerker dps > Merc dps, than just Celerity.

Cozak said:
Melachi said:
No it wont. LA Haste increases your style damage over time.
Not enough to notice.

What are you talking about?
4.1(mh) 3.5(oh) Will allways outdamage 4.1(mh) 4.1(mh) overtime, except when celerity is added in the dual 4.1 setup will outdamage the 4.1/3.5 setup by a small ammount.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
Strange, because as far as I can remeber SB's and Berserkers LA calculations were identical (except for some style growthrates).

If you think celerity will allways be up your being mislead. And there are many reasons why Zerker dps > Merc dps, than just Celerity.

What are you talking about?
4.1(mh) 3.5(oh) Will allways outdamage 4.1(mh) 4.1(mh) overtime, except when celerity is added in the dual 4.1 setup will outdamage the 4.1/3.5 setup by a small ammount.

I give up, your either too arrogant to see your wrong or too stupid. Dont know how many times ppl will have to put it to you, or how simply for you to understand.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
I give up, your either too arrogant to see your wrong or too stupid. Dont know how many times ppl will have to put it to you, or how simply for you to understand.

Are you trying to say, in a controlled test, like exact same stats & styles, that a berserker using

4.1 mh 4.1oh

will outdamage a zerker using

4.1 mh 3.5oh

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
Are you trying to say, in a controlled test, like exact same stats & styles, that a berserker using

4.1 mh 4.1oh

will outdamage a zerker using

4.1 mh 3.5oh

Wow, you nearly got it, add haste and celerity and your spot on.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
Wow, you nearly got it, add haste and celerity and your spot on.

You didnt answer the question.

And the correct answer is no.

4.1 3.5 will outdamage 4.1 4.1 with no haste or celerity

4.1 3.5 will outdamage 4.1 4.1 with haste but no celerity

4.1 4.1 will outdamage 4.1 3.5 with haste and celerity

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Wheres your proof, thats just random numbers. Why would 90% of zerks use 4.1/4.1 is 4.1/3.5 outdamaged it?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
Wheres your proof, thats just random numbers. Why would 90% of zerks use 4.1/4.1 is 4.1/3.5 outdamaged it?

For a number of reasons.

1) They might be misinformed like you.
2) They prefare to have battler/malice & SoK charges available all the time.
3) They like seeing bigger numbers on offhand damage even though its less over time.
4) They look cooler.

loads more I dont know, but it is fact that 4.1/3.5 will outdamage 4.1/4.1 overtime when celerity is not up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom