To all you US Classic Server players

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Is it any good?

What I thought is that you get to 50, do sidi or galla or whatever a few times and then ur in rvr.. u have nothing to do without toa, am i right or am i stupid?

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah it's good!

You do epic raids to get your stuff still and the prices are still pretty high on the Cons merchants for the rarer/more useful items. Doesn't take long overall especially when you consider I made 48 in 3 days /play time I'm hardly a hardcore player by any means!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
task dungeons are so nice for exp, didnt play hard at all and helped several friends to exp and still got only 4days played on my zerker, lvl 49-50 took in total 5h in a task dungeon, and that is pretty nice exp. Items aint to hard to come by either as alot of people playing server and mobs always up in instance ;)

Poox

Loyal Freddie
1. i never said one word about it being hard to exp
2. i never said one word about hard to get items

3. i said isnt it boring without toa

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
once you hit 50 and get your SC kit and some cataombs stuff (or possibly even some sidi stuff ... a 10 hour raid with only a miniscule chance of getting a drop.... sounds a bit like ToA before they made it easier, cept you always get something at the end of a master raid...)

you can go RvR.... and that's about it. So yeah, if you like having some high level pve content to play it'll be pretty boring on a classic server.

Darkness Rising might change that though as it will be on the so-called "classic" servers.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
I saw someone suggest they had a template with 10 items from darkspire in it. This mean't they only had to do about a day of darkspire farming to get them all as opposed to spending days camping arties etc in TOA, lol, what nonsense.
I've killed a mob in darkspire 5 times now and not had the drop I wanted, add to that alot of the items will be used by multiple people in the group and you've got weeks of farming I guess.
Thats without taking into consideration things like nasty Sidi raids or waiting days for the Tower Keeper to pop with a slim chance of dropping the oily rag, lol.

Give me TOA any day.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
oww poox, missread your first post then, and how can something be boring without ToA, seeing as ToA is about the most boring thing in the world?(and yes this is my opinion)

Sure people who like to pve I would say stay on a ToA server, way more pve there. But for people who mainly make a char to use in rvr and never look back at pve once its done its a great server.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
once you hit 50 and get your SC kit and some cataombs stuff (or possibly even some sidi stuff ... a 10 hour raid with only a miniscule chance of getting a drop.... sounds a bit like ToA before they made it easier, cept you always get something at the end of a master raid...)

you can go RvR.... and that's about it. So yeah, if you like having some high level pve content to play it'll be pretty boring on a classic server.

Darkness Rising might change that though as it will be on the so-called "classic" servers.

You hit 50, get SCd, go RVR yep, dont even have to go on those raids. You dont really need the bestest itams from galla/sidi/TG to compete..

and about the content.. well, after u have done TOA alot it get kinda boring, meaning, it aint really high level PvE anymore, not much in TOA is really hard, there are a few exceptions but those mostly need a zergtastic force to take down, which makes it non high level PvE due to that. TOA overall is just a drag, boring and mindnumbing.

All down to personal opinion :) RvR > all in DAoC, and it was more fun without MLs and iwintoys (read artifacts).

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
i dont miss toa, hell no. stupid expansion, i just think the rvr on the new servers is shit because its zergy, everyone adds on everyone else, and rvr is ruled by the gank groups, some of which are already rr7. u find a pick up grp, go out, get slaughtered , rinse and repeat. reminds me of OF

Bellona

Banned
Im happy with switching, and mythic support really is great, brings goa to such shame for taking same amount of money pr month for no support at all.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
i dont miss toa, hell no. stupid expansion, i just think the rvr on the new servers is shit because its zergy, everyone adds on everyone else, and rvr is ruled by the gank groups, some of which are already rr7. u find a pick up grp, go out, get slaughtered , rinse and repeat. reminds me of OF

You cant complain about zergs :p Mid is the main zerg realm on lamo.

Bellona

Banned
Elitestoner said:

lets see, you play in the overpopulated realm that zergs the most and complain about zerg...

and did you expect no adding/zerging/gankgroups on a totally new server with 3000+ players online us primetime...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Vandar said:
I saw someone suggest they had a template with 10 items from darkspire in it. This mean't they only had to do about a day of darkspire farming to get them all as opposed to spending days camping arties etc in TOA, lol, what nonsense.
I've killed a mob in darkspire 5 times now and not had the drop I wanted, add to that alot of the items will be used by multiple people in the group and you've got weeks of farming I guess.
Thats without taking into consideration things like nasty Sidi raids or waiting days for the Tower Keeper to pop with a slim chance of dropping the oily rag, lol.

Give me TOA any day.

Don't forget that Darkspire in the classic servers is farmed 24/7 and it is an insta. I am wearing a full DS suit, the only thing i didn't win in the 10ish raids I've participated, I managed to trade for it, so there you go.

Hence, you killing a mob 5 times on a ToA server and not getting the drop you want, is quite irrelevant with the classic server situation.

As to what you can do after you're 50? Well, rvr is a good idea, hell you can even make an alt and rvr with that toon as well without having to waste 2 months + to get it ready!

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Bellona said:
lets see, you play in the overpopulated realm that zergs the most and complain about zerg...

and did you expect no adding/zerging/gankgroups on a totally new server with 3000+ players online us primetime...

well when i started, i didnt know we would have emain. and it dosent matter who zergs the most, hib zergs plenty and alb.. well alb zergs occasionally :p i usually run in 8 and i get bored of dying so much

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
KK im just going to answer pooxs question k poox yes it is great i love playing there if you wont to try it out go ahead i like toa and classic ... there is no lag on the usa servers and mythic are great when running them m8 there ur answer;) 1nce you are 50 u do darkspire ect to get items for template it doesnt take long atal there is always people hanging around darkspire for grps

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Yep its great fun

was rvr ready in about 6-7 days /played from what i remember, and had already been rvring quite a bit by then (rr3)

Now 5L9 with 12 days /played

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
If your a PvE lewt whore then no the end game in Classic won't be for your liking (aka why Fing is sooooo sooooo bitter). If you want to do a reasonable amount of PvE and a little bit of farming before you go to RvR then maybe the Classic servers are for you.

Note it doesn't help stop people Radaring or Solve class balance issues but with the TOA pain gone it's quiet refreshing to whine about something else ;)

When the company running your servers can't keep one up for nearly a week cause it gets corrupted I rather place my bets with the people who wrote the code not those who get it second hand ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom