To: all, stop playing before GOA steals all your money...

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by doh_boy
:eek: best songs are Jihad and Laugh and a half.

*Disclaimer*
I've not listened to all their output so I may be wrong.

I agree on "Laugh 'n' a ½"

I like "down that dusty 3rd world road" (can´t remember exact title but it´s something like that) too

H

hellraisermk2

"Dear customer,

We have transfered your query to the relevant department. Once your problem solved, we will contact you.

Thanks for being patient"

And then this:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 48 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

"

I'm really confused. They'll contact me when it's resolved? By resolved do they mean this second part where they tell me they'll assume it is "resolved" if I don't contact them in 48 hours? How can I contact them when they tell me not to and that they will contact me?

Ahhh well, it's progress I suppose!

T

Twaize

Originally posted by Addlcove
I agree on "Laugh 'n' a ½"

I like "down that dusty 3rd world road" (can´t remember exact title but it´s something like that) too

So Addlcove those 3 or 4 posts wasn't to get ur post count higher?

I said the thing abuot internet shopping because it has a bad reputation cos sometimes company's charge more then they r supposed too!

H

hellraisermk2

Happily DAoC paying and playing folk, could you please not derail the thread from its original content. I'd much like to see how succesful others are in getting the money they've had stolen back without having to read a load of nonsense.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Twaize
So Addlcove those 3 or 4 posts wasn't to get ur post count higher?

I have a custom title for some weird reason (brinx+beer+stopping as mod) so I don´t need a higher postcount. those 3-4 posts was just random OT gibberish
I said the thing abuot internet shopping because it has a bad reputation cos sometimes company's charge more then they r supposed too!

then you call the company and they pay you back, subscribing to a game over the net and paying a one time amount to a store is a really bad comparison.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by hellraisermk2
Happily DAoC paying and playing folk

not paying anymore, and hardly playing, logged in twice in the last week for no more than 20 minutes at a time.
could you please not derail the thread from its original content.
sorry
I'd much like to see how succesful others are in getting the money they've had stolen back without having to read a load of nonsense.

I had mine back through a CNP and I´ve gotten a new CC, which is my primary reason for stopping to play totally, I am not gonna give GOA the details of this card the 88 eur they tried to steal the last time was enough for me.

it´s actually a shame to see daoc loose players because the company behind fucks up.

A

Arnor

same done here, didnt renew my second account. Got the account terminated mail. a week pass and I try to log in, the account is open. I go to my account page, and the account has "magically" been set to auto-renew, which I've never had on that account.

fucking unprofessional and retarded of GoA, and no im not gonna touch another product they are even thinking of being involved with.

B

borim

For all you whos affraid to give out your card number to a unknown person read on...

I live in Sweden and here at my bank i can get something thats called a E-Card. Its a 1 month VISA card. You can use it anywhere when you pay for things on the net. I transfer money to the E-Card and its only usable 1 month after getting it.

This is a really smart thing and very secure.

L

-Lonewolf-

Always said they were idiots real second rate company so much so that if you look at the game that was going to be made in relation with Wanadoo they have now severed ties with them after they realised how second rate they are

www.ryzom.com is the games website

"End of Nevrax and Wanadoo France collaboration.

We regret to inform you that Wanadoo France and Nevrax have decided to put an end to their collaboration.
Wanadoo France is therefore no longer the publisher and operator of the game Ryzom in Europe.

This common decision has been reached because of divergences of views regarding the evolution of the game, as well as the postponed release date scheduled by Nevrax for the end of Q1 2004.

From today onwards, www.ryzom.com becomes the official website.

Moreover, Nevrax will proceed with the development of the game and be in charge of the Beta-test.

Wanadoo and Nevrax will ensure that the transition phase has as little impact as possible on Ryzom's community. "

Think it hints for things to come with GOA

T

Twaize

If we got someone else then GOA/Wanadoo it would be nice (if they were better), but that also happened to the game: Dark and Light with Wanadoo

Y

Yuffy

would writing to mytic do anything? like sevre the contract and get someone else, GOA have fucked up 2 of my accounts, ( TWO ORIGINAL ACCOUNTS, brought from a shop, that I brought) saying i have to go to some house, and i quote "NEAR CANTUBURY" to get my subscription details, kemor you are a looser, every1 that works at goa are loosers.

have a good day.

T

Twaize

Why not calm down? They r prolly not doing this to steal from u...

Y

Yuffy

calm down? that they decided to send my 2 account sub passwords to some twat in cantubury?
yes well done mate.

N

NetNifty

Originally posted by Yuffy
would writing to mytic do anything? like sevre the contract and get someone else, GOA have fucked up 2 of my accounts, ( TWO ORIGINAL ACCOUNTS, brought from a shop, that I brought) saying i have to go to some house, and i quote "NEAR CANTUBURY" to get my subscription details, kemor you are a looser, every1 that works at goa are loosers.

have a good day.

now THAT is really unacceptable - they screwed up and told you to go half way across the country to another customer and solve it yourself? That really does take the piss. Also giving you the other customer's address is a violation of data protection act I think :/

I wouldn't blame Kemor or any other GOA staff personally but GOA have definatly screwed up badly and I definatly wouldn't be surprised if they got taken to court under EU trade laws.

D

darbey

Originally posted by Arnor
same done here, didnt renew my second account. Got the account terminated mail. a week pass and I try to log in, the account is open. I go to my account page, and the account has "magically" been set to auto-renew, which I've never had on that account.

fucking unprofessional and retarded of GoA, and no im not gonna touch another product they are even thinking of being involved with.

Exactly the same for me. This is tantamount to theft. Ive already contacted my bank and they are looking into this.

T

Twaize

Originally posted by Yuffy

have a good day.

Oh well I missunderstood it the first time I read it...

H

hellraisermk2

Why not calm down? They r prolly not doing this to steal from u...

Tis easy to say calm down until you get done over by such a company.

After the hack it took 2 or so months for GOA to get my passwords to me. This is when the e-mail address was correct in my profile as well (I just couldn't get a response out of them). I also never got the free month that other people who had the same problem had.

Then to top it off, I finally stop renewing my account, and it magically turns itself back on and my bank account debited, when I've never in 22- 24 months of playing activated the "auto- renewal" function. I'm then told that I can't get a refund because all transactions are final, which is utter utter tosh and tantamount to theft (and IS fraud).

They may not be trying to steal from folk, but they're doing a stand up job of stealing through means of total incompetance....

C

cokeuberalles

Happened to me some time ago as well. I closed my acct and they reopened it and set it to automatic renewal. It happened during the period when rightnow was down so I couldn't log in to cancel it either, heh. I got an answer to my e-mail eventually and it basically didn't make any sense.

N

NairyK-

Sombody take them to court lol. That isn't legal not a hope in hell should they be allowed to do that, when they do that to my acc (if they do) i'm going to have to erm...dont know...crawl up in a ball and cry irl !

seriously as if GOA done that, why dont they have more common sense! pft, frenchies

C

cHodAX

I have the same problem as Tris and my replies from GOA have been WORD for WORD identical except for the final one. They basically told me it was my fault, they wouldn't refund and if I didn't like it I was free to carry out my threat of cancelling all my accounts. What a world class service eh? :( The bank can't help as it was a regular payment on my switch card so I am now £44 down thanks to GOA. Redundancy is too good for the thieving bastards.

T

Twaize

I have heard that the owner of Ignar is pulling them to court...

C

cHodAX

We need a class action (or the EU equivelant) lawsuit tbh, just need to find a legal firm who will take the case on .

T

Twaize

So instead of getting our money stolen for 1 or 2 months from GOA u wan't to get a barrister? They r alot more expensive, then just complaining...

C

cHodAX

So instead of getting our money stolen for 1 or 2 months from GOA u wan't to get a barrister? They r alot more expensive, then just complaining...

It would cost us nothing because we would recover costs from GOA, they are commiting fraud, no if's or but's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom