To: all, stop playing before GOA steals all your money...

T

tris-

and your bank charges you for unauthorised over drafts.

here is what has happend to me, and i am telling you all this so you know what GOA may do. i dont want any flames or any shit, i am just trying to inform people, for your own good not mine.

i quit playing 2 months ago. i cancled my account with no auto renew on, i have only ever used it once. GOA reopend my account charged my bank so i complained via rightnow. they said the transaction is final AND THEN closed my account and didnt give any money back.

this happend again this month. i complained -
-----------------------------
I think you should read this link and tell who ever needs to be told to stop this rubbish now. GOA has no right to take money from my account without consent and they cannot use that "all transactions are final" bull crap as a way to get out of it. For a start they are breaking the law bigtime, commiting fraud and theft and god knows what else. Saying all transactions are final isnt a instant legal safety thing that means you can steal stuff from people. Its like me stealing your bank details, buying a load of stuff and telling the police "sorry that was all final, who cares if i stole the money? it was final!".
http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93498&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

i did not, ever, anywhere agree that GOA can open and close my account whe they feel like it and take MY money without permission, GOA shouldnt even have my CC details, but why do they?

you should also not i have written to several magasines and websites about your illegal activities.
--------------------------------
i thought that sounded as ok as a pissed off person can sound.

they said -
--------------------------
Hello,

If you have problems with your invoice, may you please visit our official website : https://secure.bibit.com/www/consumers.html

If it doesn’t answer your request, don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
----------------------------
err hello, do you want to read my question?

-------------
no you are misunderstanding me, i KNOW FOR A FACT the money is being taken from my bank account. My account keeps being opend, i get charged for it then the account is closed. i complained about this before and i was just told "all transactions are final".
---------------
maybe that would make things more clear for them -

---------------
Hello,

If you decide to "terminate" your subscription, as it written in the "GENERAL SUBSCRIPTION CONDITIONS DARK AGE OF CAMELOT" (second paragraph) : "If you wish to end your subscription, you must inform GOA at least seven (7) days before the end of the current subscription period by going to the heading ' Account ' accessible on the site http://www.camelot-europe.com and by clicking on the link ' terminate my subscription '. Your subscription will then be terminated after the end of the current subscription period (...)".

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support-
-----------------

hmm maybe not, maybe im not making sense -

-----------------
please, please, read what i am typing. my account was closed for a month and then it 'magicaly' reopend and you charged me for 1 months of play and then closed my account when i complained about it (look back at my old questions, you will see there). if i am not making my self clear, then say so instead of spouting out unrelated rubbish. you clearly dont see the seriousness of what theft and fraud are. maybe in france people dont care if you commit crimes but in the UK we do.
----------------
well i think that would of gotten through to them.
blah blah in the end they ask for my CD keys, then reply saying -

--------------
Dear customer,

Due to a technical problem, your account has been renewed. Thus we offer you a free month to your current subscription in order to apologize for this inconvenient.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
-------------
what the fuck, i ask, are they doing renewing my account and giving a free month. if i wanted to play i wouldnt of quit the game 2 months ago. oh and the account i used to pay for the sub is a specific account for buying off the net and thinking i dont need any money it because i havent subscribed, i then got charged by my bank for an un-authorised over draft because GOA decided they would steal £8 off me. oh yeh, and the account is marked as close, so a free month isnt any use is it?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

X

xplo

Give WoW beta and watch goa close its doors cause of a bad rep and bad playerbase xD

O

old.tRoG

Because they are ignorant bastids.

Did the same thing to me, tris. :(

L

living

Can't u go to ur bank and say they stole ur money and charged em off you without ur knowlege?

H

hellraisermk2

Jesus, that's ridiculous.

I'm still waiting on a response as to why my account was auto-renewed with my consent. So far, I've had the "all transactions are final" bull shit, and they closed the question down as "resolved."

They've yet to reply to my mail pointing out it wasn't resolved at all and they still owe me the months subscription they fraudulently took from my bank account. Waiting for around a week with no reply (yet, they've managed to mail me to tell me that I chose not to renew my subcription this month. I never bloody chose to renew it last month, they just decided to do it illegaly instead!).

T

Twaize

Hmm im not gonna lpay another MMORPG except for DAoC where GOA/Wanado are the publishers

N

-Nxs-

Make sure your account says CLOSED on the subscription page.

Get a screenshot / printout of this

You may also feel the need to log a call on rightnow stating that your account has closed and they are NOT to re-open it under any circumstances, and give them at least 7 days notice as requested

If anymore money is taken out of your account contact your CC and ask for a claims form as money has been taken out of your account witho9ut authorisation.

Hope you pay on CC and not debit card - youll get much better protection.

S

Shike

due to all the problems lately with GOA and their thumb up the arse and overall poor policy regarding these matters I decided to use an alternative paymentmethod so I cant get scammed by them, its called E-Card.

Basically what it is is a virtual Creditcard created whenever I want to with the exact sum I want it to contain, every month I use a new virtual card with a limit of 1€ over what the current subscription is. Noway in hell they can recharge me since the card cease to exist after a months time and its only temporary connected to my mainaccount if I dont want to be charged.

Suggest you have a look at different banks around in yer country and look for a similar solution. The particual bank I use is Föreningssparbanken in Sweden and so far after using this service for about 4 months I have to say, it rocks. Its safe and it have worked to 100% aslong as I have used it. (no i dont work at the bank in question^^)

Just a tip from me. And needless to say, whenever it comes out a new game worth playing, I will move.

A

allnewdave

I'd seriously stop wasting time on GOA and go directly to your bank. Tell them what they are doing and provide them with all the info they need.

Let the bank sort it.

TBH Camelots days are numbered, GOA have proven time and time again that they are not interested in customers or the game. The only reason people still play is because there isnt anything better out there at the moment. I'll give it a year or so.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Make sure your account says CLOSED on the subscription page.

Get a screenshot / printout of this

You may also feel the need to log a call on rightnow stating that your account has closed and they are NOT to re-open it under any circumstances, and give them at least 7 days notice as requested

If anymore money is taken out of your account contact your CC and ask for a claims form as money has been taken out of your account witho9ut authorisation.

Hope you pay on CC and not debit card - youll get much better protection.

nice idea... think I´ll do that when I get home... my CC has been closed by the bank but just in case nevertheless

D

dracus

Dear customer,

Due to a technical problem, your account "XXXXXXX" has been renewed due to a technical problem. Thus we offer you a free month to your current subscription in order to apologize for that.

To cancel your subscription, you must go on the official site in the "My account" header (using your account login/password), at least one week before the end of your current subscription.

You just have to check the I don't want to renew my subscription and validate. This will cancel your subscription automatically.

If you want to re-subscribe later, your "My account" section will still be available for 6 months after the end of your subscription (your characters will still be there).
We remind you that you're the only one who can do it.

Contradict urself why dont u...plz read the highlighted texts...

This is sorta where i reach my limit of patience...but im gonna keep playin till a game comes along that i wanna play :( DAOC is still a fun game imo....DAMN GOA for fukin it up for us...

/Dracus

K

kameh

It wouldn't surprise me if the latest "maintenance" on the billing system was related to this. There's been a lot of complaints lately after all..

On a side note GOA don't seem to know the date:

Short billing process maintenance
[2003-1er-12]

1er? :rolleyes:

B

Breni

Originally posted by kameh

On a side note GOA don't seem to know the date:

Short billing process maintenance
[2003-1er-12]

1er? :rolleyes: [/B]

1er is what the French use for the first, which they call Premiere...hence 1er.

O

old.Revz

You don't have to accept this. Get in touch with your credit card company, explain the situation and they can help you deal with it. You might not think so but credit card companies are on your side in these sort of matters and they have huge legal/financial muscle to get things sorted out compared to you as a customer on your own. If you can prove that GOA messed up and charged you when you clearly informed them not to any more then you shouldn't accept them taking anything (no matter how small an amount). That email trail alone looks to be enough.

Don't accept it, ring your credit card company up and talk to them :)

D

dukat_lionheart

you can stop them taking ur money, first off, as some others have said above, just contact ur bank and tell them that you dont want GOA (u will need to tell the bank thier full name probably) taking money from u. i remember when i first started DAOC, i was using my pearants card to pay for the bill (with thier consent of course :p ), when they got the bill they put a 'stop' on the GOA/wanadoo thing because they didnt know who it was. it was only when i explained things to them, they took the 'stop' off so that GOA could take money out again.

just talk to ya bank :)

O

old.job

True you can get ypur CC to take the money back off GOA, then wait for them to complain to you, obviously you will give their complaints the same high level of attention they gave yours.

S

Sibanac

Just to let you know, SOE have done the same thing as have EVE(whom ever is hosting that) and I heard rumors that EA games did it aswell.

Doesnt leave much over does it

M

mib666

IF GOA have taken money without your consent then write them a formal letter (not a silly email) outlaying your grievance money owed costs etc... Send this via RECORDED (so you get a signature at GOA's end) snail mail, in this letter tell them they have 7 days to return the funds they took without your permission or you will have no alternative but to issue court proceedings against them (which unfortunately will have to be issued in France)

T

Twaize

This is prolly why internet shopping have such a bad reputation

T

Tyka

Game is great, crap company taking care of it tho :(

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Twaize
This is prolly why internet shopping have such a bad reputation

what has Internet shopping to do with GOA not fixing bugs/paying attention to complaints...

sometime I think you splutter out bullshit just to raise your postcount

O

old.job

Addclove is awarded

'most over the top response to an inocious post'

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.job
Addclove is awarded
'most over the top response to an inocious post'

bad day :)

and it´s A D D L C O V E ... get it right :p

J

Jonaldo

Careful, DadLove C gets annoyed when you get his name wrong ;)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Careful, DadLove C gets annoyed when you get his name wrong ;)

I´d spank you for that, but you´d enjoyed so I won´t

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Jonaldo
And you liked the name :p

well dad love c sounds like D.A.D Low Key

and D.A.D is a GREAT band and their best songs are in a low key

D

doh_boy

:eek: best songs are Jihad and Laugh and a half.

*Disclaimer*
I've not listened to all their output so I may be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom