+ to all melee skills?

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone else think that having a + to all melee skills from an item in your template should also add to your shield skill aswell?

Seems odd to me that it doesn't as you do hit your opponent with your shield, and it has to be crafted by a weapon crafter. Would be nice if they added this in the future for template making.... and I don't think it would create any imbalances, might just allow shield users to get a little more util from certain items.

Interested in peoples thoughts about this.

Daigh

Fledgling Freddie
They'd prolly need to make same for the CD too then? And Dual Wielders can already benefit from additional weapon having +meleedam/+styledam/+meleespeed on it compared to 2 handed users. So imo it would make imbalances if CD would get it too. Not that I think these issues are at great balance atm anyway :)

Ofc they can just make shield have bonus from +melee skills, but dual wielders wouldn't like it.

Imo it should stay as it is, because the template making for pure 1h+shield ain't harder than e.g. the dual wielders, except the fact that there is not so big selection of shields to choose from.

If they could somehow make hybrids like 1h+shield / 2handed chars have easier to make template, it would be nice. I just don't see how they could make it :)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Daigh said:
They'd prolly need to make same for the CD too then?

CD is a secondary style line, like CS on assasins, speccing in CD/CS doesnt give you any weaponskill as such, and so it is different from the likes of blades/blunt/pierce/Shield etc (i know shield spec doesnt change your displayed weaponskill number, but it does have its own weaponskill as far as i am aware)

and so the idea of +all primary melee skills adding to shield does ACTUALLY sound reasonable to me.

shame mythic prolly wont think of such things (well they havnt have they? else it would alrdy be implemented)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Daigh said:
Imo it should stay as it is, because the template making for pure 1h+shield ain't harder than e.g. the dual wielders, except the fact that there is not so big selection of shields to choose from.

Well shield users have to cap str and dex whereas most dual wielders go for a 100% strength weapon spec choice to make templating easier.

Daigh

Fledgling Freddie
2 good points, I'm convinced. Now give me my +shield so I don't need crafted stuff! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom