To all excali players

O

old.Aldias

Last weekend i ve read enough <moaning> for Goa .... enough good ideas to make EU daoc better in the future....and some <funny> ideas crushing the server down evry weekend.....

I am gona make 2 points here....

1. Coz all of u know that Goa is not gona do somthing better than the last time the server crashed... DONT try RR during the weekends.... it sounds mad but that's life... u need to play with Goa <rules> this game.... and if u cant have the peeps during the week for a RR try a nija one.... agreement or not between the realms .... lol... only the result counts at the end of the day... to have a good reputation is good... but against <funny> companies we dont have other choice tbh....

Thats about RRs

2. About letters.. e-mails... complains etc.... i tell u what... Goa dont give a shit about ur <elite> complain... even if u r the presitent of the universe... U really need to <hit> Goa hard?...
the only way to do this is.... /quite daoc... thats Goa's life.... U give life to Goa with ur money... if u can convience 3000+ players 1-2 whole servers to <quit> or... even suspend the game for at least 2 motnhs.... i am 100% u ll c some possitive result from Goa or even Mythic...
Evrything is about politics here and farming money..... if they see that cant farm more money from u... they will start to think whats goin on.... ofc if 100-200 players only leave the game, doesnt mean anything to Goa... if 5000+ do it in same period of time then... deffently and <instantly> r gona change tactic to customers service....

So.....are u enough to stop playing daoc for long period?? if yes... and if even can convience 6000players do the same.... then i am sure... will be more popular than as leader in a successfull RR....

But till that time < personal... i dont think this is gona happen> stay silent and w8 till the technical problem sort out.... dont do like babies who cry for food and then when mum <Goa> give them a spoon of soup in their mouth smiling....

Agree or not thats our business world and isnt gona change for many years.....

Good luck

F

Fang

That's pure BS imo.
This is SUPPOSED to be a 24/7 game. So if i want to do a RR in the weekend, then i should be able to do so. I agree that it's hard to change an attitude of a company like GOA. But they are running a company that promises 24/7 support. If they do not fulfill their end of the agreement, then i should be entiteled to a refund tbh.

F

freakyphil

"DONT try RR during the weekends.... "

WTF!?
I cannot believe ANYONE would suggest that. To put it bluntly WE pay for this game, we pay to play 24/7. Weekends are arguably when most people have the time to do a RR. We should be able to do a RR when any realm desires, not when GOA say so. If thats the case, lets just switch the game off at the weekend or close the frontiers down, I am sure everyone will be happy doing PvE when they have whole weekends free to play the game....

This incident has highlighted the fact that GOA appears to not have weekend support (or certainly none this weekend). I am curious as to HOW many servers WOULD need to crash of a weekend before they sat up and took notice.

I used to work in the IT department of a major UK retailer, we had to be prepared to come in and fix the servers at ANY time of the day or night (including weekends), irrespective of the issue. Even if it was simply a case of hitting a reset button.

I do agree that GOA will probably totally ignore any and all postings on here, we got our server back on Monday we should be thankful! (I am being ironic here). Only a mass exodus from the game will make them take notice, but lets face facts we love the game and whilst we DO whine and complain we will all keep playing... I would like to know the ratio though between people quitting and new people signing up... I cannot help but suspect the population is shrinking. Certainly if I had read these forums before I started playing I would never EVER have started...

GOA have been proven to have lied with their posting. The server was NOT taken down, far too mnay of us have stated we were playing online well into Sunday for them to get away with that.

Most of us have had our faith shaken in GOAs ability to run this game from the weekends events. I personally would like them to admit they f*cked up and stop treating us like dumb kids by lying...

S

shamyn

The more of this BS we get, the more necessary it feels to go and crash some german/french servers. Would not require as big an effort as everyone quitting, and it would make GOA have to react somehow. Actually, would be quite easy to do, just have everyone roll a char and go into... say the capital of a given realm. That'll show the motherfuckers, when they get it back up, do it again. See how they like all the french emails, phone calls and other crap theyll get :flame:

What could they do? Bring the server down to prevent us from going there? That's what they do anyways, bring down the server, when even a slightest problem occurs. Would they ban us all? For what? That's like cops shooting protestors on sight when they go and wave signs to politicans for world peace or something.

If it's the only way to show them were pissed off, I say it has to be done, if no one can come up with a better (working) plan.

Just my 2 copper

F

FoXeH

Originally posted by old.Aldias
Coz all of u know that Goa is not gona do somthing better than the last time the server crashed... DONT try RR during the weekends....

Aldias, your idea about not doing weekends RRs is insane. Most people that play this game play over the weekend, one of the most fun things in this game (for me at least) is grouping up with a load of friends trying to steal an enemys relics. Do RRs at night? Not all of us can stay up untill 2am i'm afraid.

About letters.. e-mails... complains etc.... i tell u what... Goa dont give a shit about ur <elite> complain

Don't complain to GOA? Hmmm. Lets just imagine that no-one ever complained about bad service, ever, just think what it would be like? Companies wouldn't have set standards, they wouldn't care. The thing about complaining is it lets the company know what they're doing wrong and in turn helps them fix it. If they don't get complains, they think everythings fine, nothing gets improved.

M

milky.way

Never try to post a serious post here ... simply doesn't work

O

old.Aldias

Originaly posted by FoXeH
Aldias, your idea about not doing weekends RRs is insane.

I know... i already said that this is mad.... try again then... and again and again... i accept... u dont listen peeps... who the hell is Aldias that we supposed to listen? I agree... U will gain xp from ur own action... when u c <Goa> no response to ur crashing tactics...

Originaly posted by FoXeH
Don't complain to GOA

As urself said : to GOA = a silly... funny .... useless company... i agree about complaining in general purpose... but.. with Goa <at least from my own xp> i saw enough from Goa repsonse ( in reallity no repsonse) to many complains in the past.... thats why i said to <GOA> specific...

I ll try to give some advice here... not to blame someone.... if u want follow it thats ur own choice... if not...act as u think is right to act...

Take care

F

FoXeH

I don't understand what you mean, if you think not doing RRs on a weekend is mad why did you mention it? It's not going to happen, period. You can't "organise" as you said a RR, the idea is to get the surprise on an enemy, not a great idea to make a post containing information about when you'll be attcking an enemy, it's bound to fail.

Aldias, GOA fucked up, yes. We probably wont ever get to know why or what happend for them to take so long to respond, but if no-one had complained from what just happend it would continue and continue, complaints have to be made to change situations

O

old.Aldias

Originally posted by FoXeH
I don't understand what you mean, if you think not doing RRs on a weekend is mad why did you mention it? It's not going to happen, period. You can't "organise" as you said a RR, the idea is to get the surprise on an enemy, not a great idea to make a post containing information about when you'll be attcking an enemy, it's bound to fail.

You are completely out of what i mean... u still didnt got it.. didnt u? :D

My point to avoid weekends RRs is to avoid crashing the server again... In peak time RRs u got 60% at least server is gona crash... excali at least... even from accident or from deffence realm tactic.... so that means.. on Sunday Excali is gona be down again...

I am saying that coz personaly <strongly> believe that Goa aint gona fix the problem till Monday again...

So... doenst worth the time to waste 10+ Sundays more till Goa change their customers service strategy...

F

firebirth

Your English isnt very good so i gather your a foreign player on excaliber, prehaps spanish ?

I Think what he is trying to say is that we (as in the playerbase as a whole) should avoid relic raids at peak times and this would produce less downtime and prevent server crashes.

Im not her to flame you Aldias

but you should also be asking yourself and GOA why should we have to limit the relic raids we do, Primetime (when servers are busiest) is for all intensive purposes is the best time to carry out relic raids. Relic riads require a large amount of man power to carry out and this is best served when the most people are on. Yes a relic raid probably puts strain on the server but should it be causing crashes and should we as paying players have to limit ourselves?

Mythic designed the Relic system to create large scale RvR interaction and they must also have built the code and the servers to be able to cope with such server stresses.

Having been reading the many posts on these forums over the past few days ive slowy pieced snippits of information together. If you read (i think its called LOGIN in the general technical folder). Some players were reporting login problems well before the "relic raid" (it was confirmed by herbal who organised it as a keep raid but if u want to call it a relic raid ur welcome) which began around 8pm GMT. If these login problems occured before the stress was placed on the server then, the raid can not be solely accountable for the problems seen this weekend.

At the end iof the day GOA failed to inform the excailber playerbase of the problem and took around 40hrs to fix the problem.

F

Fang

HELL YES!
Ofc it's worth losing 10+ more saturdays if that makes GOA change their wievs and business policy. Especially since they HAVE to compensate these days to us anyway.

X

XeffoInfil

Originally posted by Fang
That's pure BS imo.
I agree that it's hard to change an attitude of a company like GOA. But they are running a company that promises 24/7 support. If they do not fulfill their end of the agreement, then i should be entiteled to a refund tbh.

sounds stupid but u reckon u can sue em for that :p

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by milky.way
Never try to post a serious post here ... simply doesn't work

It does actually, but posting stuff like "Don't RR in the weekends" goes a bit far ;)

H

Herbal Remedy

Last weekend i ve read enough <moaning> for Goa .... enough good ideas to make EU daoc better in the future....and some <funny> ideas crushing the server down evry weekend.....

I am gona make 2 points here....

1. Coz all of u know that Goa is not gona do somthing better than the last time the server crashed... DONT try RR during the weekends.... it sounds mad but that's life... u need to play with Goa <rules> this game.... and if u cant have the peeps during the week for a RR try a nija one.... agreement or not between the realms .... lol... only the result counts at the end of the day... to have a good reputation is good... but against <funny> companies we dont have other choice tbh....

Thats about RRs

flip_nbc.jpg

O

old.Ashgen

But ...

Is this why Midgard did an alarm clock raid to avoid the server crashing? :clap:

If so, I think all the whiners should back track and thank Midgard for not jeopardising the servers! ;)

K

kenid

Someone needs to learn how to end a sentence and how to begin a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread