To All Assassin Classes

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Infiltrator's, Nightshades and Shadoblades are all but screwed.
Here's why:
-- See Hidden is going. By removing this, we now have only one way to spot the archer classes from a distance - Stealth Lore. This is nice and all...but not everyone is loaded with artifacts, and archers get Stealth Lore too...unbalanced methinks
-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren't activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...
-- With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as albs tend to use fairly often, are encouraged. There's no place for assassin classes.

By removing See Hidden, they've completely balls'd the game up for assassins. This may sound really dumb (and probably as if I'm hanging onto some sort of false hope) but if you don't agree with the current RA changes, complain! Do something about it.
RAreview@mythicentertainment.com is the email to comment on the new RA system.

I'm treating all assassin classes as equal here (even if infiltrator's DO get 2.5x spec points per level... ) and I'd like it if assassin classes DID get some sort of See Hidden. Something along the lines of "you need XX stealth in order to get the SH ability", like the new archer multishot abilities (basically, making sure that the leather armour users have absolutely NO chance of running away and hiding some more).

Work with me here. If you've spent many a day /playing on your assassin, but now you're gonna have 2 fingers stuck up to you, and then promptly be crapped upon by Mythic, then we have the right as customers to complain bitterly about making our endangered species more worthwhile again

I've given you an email address with which to complain to...use it

Eroa

Banned
See hidden should never have been implemented into the game. That ra made assassins so overpowerd against archers. All i see here is someone crying about losing a ra that gives him free rps from all the archer classes.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Issues concering stealther balance ranked by importance :

1. Overpopulation of stealthers
2. Overpopulation of stealthers
3. Overpopulation of stealthers
4. Overpopulation of stealthers
5. Overpopulation of stealthers
6. Overpopulation of stealthers
7. Overpopulation of stealthers
8. Overpopulation of stealthers
9. Overpopulation of stealthers
10. Other minor matter such as small balance tweaks between the stealthers

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Infiltrator's, Nightshades and Shadoblades are all but screwed.
Here's why:
-- See Hidden is going. By removing this, we now have only one way to spot the archer classes from a distance - Stealth Lore. This is nice and all...but not everyone is loaded with artifacts, and archers get Stealth Lore too...unbalanced methinks
-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren't activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...
-- With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as albs tend to use fairly often, are encouraged. There's no place for assassin classes.

See hidden was bought by hardly any assassins - less than 10% I believe. Truesight has been completely removed from the game - it was going to be passive and always on - I dont think it ever had its timer reduced???

To replace both TS and See Hidden the ability Mastery of Stealth now increases stealth detection ranges as well as speed while stealthed. The archer version works on all stealthers. The assasin version works on minstrels and archers with camoflague currently down. Minstrels cannot get it at all. There is no defence against this except for archers camoflague.

It costs 34 ra points to get MoS 5 and the detection bonus is quite modest for an ability that costs a third of all the points you can ever get. Tbh with the NF maps the whole stealth game is changing - no more camping amg for easy rps. Most fights will be at keeps and you will have to pick off healers/casters and try and get away as an assassin. And I wouldnt be worried about the archers spotting you because there are stealth guards in keeps that will detect stealthers.

The stealth game will completely change in new frontiers and my guess is alot less stealthers will play :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Think if you re read the patch notes for 1.70 you would see both see hidden AND true sight have been removed! Stealthere (apart from mincers) now have acess to some skill i forgot the name of, doh, anyhow its sorta like a not as over powered see hidden.

Poag

m00?
Sparda said:
Think if you re read the patch notes for 1.70 you would see both see hidden AND true sight have been removed! Stealthere (apart from mincers) now have acess to some skill i forgot the name of, doh, anyhow its sorta like a not as over powered see hidden.

thanks Sparda..i was just thinking "wtf is this guy on!"

Reading Patch notes is your friend.

Also where the hell do u get the 15 min TS timer from IIRC its never been stated that woudl happen.

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Issues concering stealther balance ranked by importance :

1. Overpopulation of stealthers
2. Overpopulation of stealthers
3. Overpopulation of stealthers
4. Overpopulation of stealthers
5. Overpopulation of stealthers
6. Overpopulation of stealthers
7. Overpopulation of stealthers
8. Overpopulation of stealthers
9. Overpopulation of stealthers
10. Other minor matter such as small balance tweaks between the stealthers

i'd say more like...

1. overpopulation of stealthers on alb
2. stealth groups running from all three realms
3. un-balanced stealth classes due to the la nerf and ns's well... theyve never really been that amazing tbh
4. high rr stealthers running in grps... low rr stealthers running solo...
5. adding...
6. pets not going off stealthers once stealthed <--- thats a complete and utter bitch.. "i have a pet.. DIE ALL STEALTHERS!!!"
7. overpowered population of stealthers
8. overpopulation of stealthers..
9. as above... etc etc

tbh :p

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Just got see hidden last week and have to say its skill I now see is overpowered.

About the overpopulation of stealthers. I have now paladin, inf, mini, and cleric and inf was the only char I could have fun before toa came out. The way people who dont have life play this game and the advantages they get from it compared to casual gamers is way too much. I dont blame others making stealthers just because of that. Especially in albion where stealthers is the only thing slightly better than in mid/hib.

Now toa fully in use I think in RvR I just see everyone abusing every skill and proc etc there is grouping like hell and then blaming its not us its the other guy thats making us to do it. I rarely group because I only duo with my brother and every time I attack a hib stealther I can say for 99% sure there is 1 or 2 more near and the percentage for mids is about 95%.

Will I be a coward and start spamming everyone with group invites like some idiots in albion? No!!! Even had one ebaybought mini rude spam me because I wouldnt group with him.

I would say cap between hc players and casual players is the biggest problem in this game that makes people do stealthers and that makes mythic not want to encorage people playing stealthers and instead slowly fade em off the game.

And other point is we always seen the changes this game has 2 months atleast beforehand and most of us makes desissions about what char to play and if roll a new char so I think in Europe we have much more unbalanced things than in US. For excample hib fotm group nr.1 sees that some char is getting some über new skill. They make one before the release even comes in Europe and abuse it until the next patch comes and they fix it back because it was overpowered. :) This just wont work in US because the time they have char to 50 fully sc'd and all the fix is so near they have little time to use it.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
givf passive TS and remove sh from the game so eroa can kill something finaly ^^

A

Aoln

You could easily look at things from the archer perspective and find simular results by simply ignoring anything positive like you do.
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Rangers, Scouts and Hunters are all but screwed.
Here's why:
-True Sight removed: The archers only chance of ever finding an assassin from range and therefore having a fair chance of a fair fight, albiet it only being 3% of the time compared to an assassin's permanent overpowering advantage.
-Mastery of Stealth costs way too many points and only works on other stealther classes, this is a waste of points that could be used effectively elsewhere, also assassins still gain a passive and free advantage over archers with detect hidden.
-Assassins have access to viper, 120 dmg per tick dots (on capped resists) will easily destroy any low hp class unless they burn purge.
-Low timer on Purge. Many archer classes rely on the use of a stun to beat an enemy, with the timer so low, seldom will the stun ever last.
-IP effectness reduced. Archers rely on IP to get the extra hp to bring down an assassin, it now heals much less than previously.
-Avoid pain removed. Most hunters and rangers relied heavily on the use of avoid pain to reduce the damage taken to be able to win most fights.
-Volley Range decreased, volley is now much less effective with the range being the same as an average bow shot. Also volley no longer pierces bt leaving it useless against casters.
-Dodger removed. Archers often need to rely on defences to be able to take down enemies, with the removal of dodger they have very low evade rates.
-Mastery of Archery removed. Archery attacks are very slow, and now there is no way of reducing draw time other than raising quickness (capped at 250) and getting archery bonuses (not always easy to find)
-No unique archer RAs of any use, the only unique archer RAs are "longshot" and "arrow salvaging", both of these are low utility and dont give much bonus to the class as a whole. Also all the RR5 abilities for archers are just abilities that can only be used to run away. (Is this what we're suppose to be doing or something?)
-DW on assassins halving archer defences. The overpowered nature of DW halving evade/block rates renders defencive classes next to useless, giving assassins a major bonus.
-Assassins gaining vanish all round. If an archer does manage to get the assassin close to death, the assassin can just do a runner.
-With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as mids tend to use fairly often, are encouraged. There's no place for archer classes.

:eek:

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
You could easily look at things from the archer perspective and find simular results by simply ignoring anything positive like you do.
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Rangers, Scouts and Hunters are all but screwed.
Here's why:
-True Sight removed: The archers only chance of ever finding an assassin from range and therefore having a fair chance of a fair fight, albiet it only being 3% of the time compared to an assassin's permanent overpowering advantage.
-Mastery of Stealth costs way too many points and only works on other stealther classes, this is a waste of points that could be used effectively elsewhere, also assassins still gain a passive and free advantage over archers with detect hidden.
-Assassins have access to viper, 120 dmg per tick dots (on capped resists) will easily destroy any low hp class unless they burn purge.
-Low timer on Purge. Many archer classes rely on the use of a stun to beat an enemy, with the timer so low, seldom will the stun ever last.
-IP effectness reduced. Archers rely on IP to get the extra hp to bring down an assassin, it now heals much less than previously.
-Avoid pain removed. Most hunters and rangers relied heavily on the use of avoid pain to reduce the damage taken to be able to win most fights.
-Volley Range decreased, volley is now much less effective with the range being the same as an average bow shot. Also volley no longer pierces bt leaving it useless against casters.
-Dodger removed. Archers often need to rely on defences to be able to take down enemies, with the removal of dodger they have very low evade rates.
-Mastery of Archery removed. Archery attacks are very slow, and now there is no way of reducing draw time other than raising quickness (capped at 250) and getting archery bonuses (not always easy to find)
-No unique archer RAs of any use, the only unique archer RAs are "longshot" and "arrow salvaging", both of these are low utility and dont give much bonus to the class as a whole. Also all the RR5 abilities for archers are just abilities that can only be used to run away. (Is this what we're suppose to be doing or something?)
-DW on assassins halving archer defences. The overpowered nature of DW halving evade/block rates renders defencive classes next to useless, giving assassins a major bonus.
-Assassins gaining vanish all round. If an archer does manage to get the assassin close to death, the assassin can just do a runner.
-With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as mids tend to use fairly often, are encouraged. There's no place for archer classes.

:eek:
blabla such op scout ;o

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
NF isnt so bad for infil passive viper 5 mins timer purge hum xD

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Haroat said:
i'd say more like...

1. overpopulation of stealthers on alb
2. stealth groups running from all three realms
3. un-balanced stealth classes due to the la nerf and ns's well... theyve never really been that amazing tbh
4. high rr stealthers running in grps... low rr stealthers running solo...
5. adding...
6. pets not going off stealthers once stealthed <--- thats a complete and utter bitch.. "i have a pet.. DIE ALL STEALTHERS!!!"
7. overpowered population of stealthers
8. overpopulation of stealthers..
9. as above... etc etc

tbh :p

1. overpopulation of stealthers on alb = overpopulations
2. stealth groups running from all realms. why? overpopulation
3. zz
4. high rr stealthers running in grps, low rr stealthers running solo. why? overpopuluation
5. adding. why? overpopulation
6. hooray for pets chasing stealthed ppl. maybe its not working as intended, but it atleast makes stealthers less enjoyable
7 etc. agreed :]

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:

lol... was emain like about 12 hours yesterday... early morning with only 3-6 ppl in grp and such we did pretty ok... later on after abouts 18:00 or so we did not even get past amg... i remember about 2 times we got to mmg and got wiped by about 2-3 fgs mids+ stealther adds... but most times wiped either at amg or before it... tried camping amg a bit later... as we weren't really caster grp didn't go all well... remember hibs had 2-3 fgs camping amg or so quite a little while on the evening also... untill mids wiped them.. can you imagine how many mids you need to kill 2-3 fgs hibs?
ofc albs zerge to.. thats not what im saying... but lol... most days im in emain playing at night there's usually plenty mids/hibs around and we often get killed before amg and often by more than 1 fg...
ofc... maybe hibs/mids are just more skilled or got better grp setups or whatever...

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
If NF screws assassins over as much as you make out, I'll be pretty happy.... Spent 2 years levelling my inf to 50 the slow boring solo way, only to find the stealth game screwed when I get there due to sheer numbers. At the moment I don't get solo fights often anyway, so if all the assassins reroll on NF then there'll be less chance of adds :) might even get my minstrel to 50 if they nerf them too.. Getting almost rr4 by 45 with much of that solo/unbuffed was stupid and I didn't want the game to be so easy so never levelled to 50 :) Anything which makes my characters less fotm is good in my books :D

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
What about Minstrels? I hear IP will be removed from them, so they pretty screwed if they wana solo. But, a balanced Alb RvR group usually contains a Minstrel.... so I'm hoping that I will still be able to earn some Rps if I cant solo :/

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
1. overpopulation of stealthers on alb = overpopulations
2. stealth groups running from all realms. why? overpopulation
3. zz
4. high rr stealthers running in grps, low rr stealthers running solo. why? overpopuluation
5. adding. why? overpopulation
6. hooray for pets chasing stealthed ppl. maybe its not working as intended, but it atleast makes stealthers less enjoyable
7 etc. agreed :]

nice one tbh :D

carp

One of Freddy's beloved
Removing see hidden = win. Try being on the recieving end of it :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom