To add or not to add? For that is the question . . .

What do you think about adding?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Morning higher beings!

Figured with all the discussion going on it'd be good to try and get a good cross section about what FH feels about adding. I realise alot of daocers don't come here but it'd be good to find out what we really feel.

All I ask here, aside from posting on the poll, is to keep the discussion away from FLAMING. I'm sick of it and I'm sure others are. So therefore just keep your posts about your opinion on the game/issue and NOT about specific players.

I'd like to ask mods to delete any posts that are about other players. :worthy:

/bow

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I never add on fg fights, never add on 1v1's, never add on ppl that added on me, I'm only adding on small scale fights with uneven numbers and on all archers and most casters ;)

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I personally don't mind adding. I'm happy to be added on. Can be frustarting, I understand that, but therein lies the challenge. Hit and run tactics or get more friends :) It's how the game was designed - it's not always fair but hey that's the battle at hand.

/bow

aika

Can't get enough of FH
yeah, I rarely whine when I get added, and I never pm my realm mates with abuse that they added on my fight. In my view everyone should play how he wishes, the only things that somehow makes me whine are ppl that say they never add , but in truth they add a lot. Play how you like but stay behind your playstyle and dont be a hypocrite imo.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Simple. Add when its uneven (doesnt matter which realms r involved). Add on peeps that gang/zerg/add u. Add on peeps in FG fighting.. if u r almost sure they have steamrolled u in the past.
Dont add if 1 of the 2 fighting deserves a nice fight, even if he is loosing...but kill the ganger/zerger/adder as soon as the fight is done , if he survives.
When u feel like it...PM adding peeps from your realm that spoilt your fight for the holy rp or deathblow.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Archer's (or stealth teams in general) for me are perma add atleast this patch regardless of the situation.
Other than that I guess it all depends on the situation at hand.
Too often these day's you leave someone be to only be screwed by that same person 5 min later anyway.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
funny to see Elaleni voted for "adding is a no-no".

Sorin

Banned
I add only if i got a reason to do it.

Could be someone who added me.
Could be an unfair fight, like two vs one.
Could be stealther vs gimp caster.

Could be cuz i'm in a group.
Could be cuz i'm in a zerk.
Could be cuz I'm solo and people starts attacking me.

:ninja:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
I would vote for #1 and #2, but voted #1 as majority of server deserves it.. and to be fair thats what most people get out of me, adds as there is only a tiny fraction of real solo/fg players left.

Nuxto pretty much sums it up,

add on adders & zergers
leave the rest you know share your playstyle..

kivik

Part of the furniture
Not really sure what to vote on. Changed my view on this matter abit. I'm no longer that fussed about getting added on, I don't like it but I can accept it. However I never add on any fight, I don't even help realmmates that are outnumbered.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Simple. Add when its uneven (doesnt matter which realms r involved). Add on peeps that gang/zerg/add u. Add on peeps in FG fighting.. if u r almost sure they have steamrolled u in the past.
Dont add if 1 of the 2 fighting deserves a nice fight, even if he is loosing...but kill the ganger/zerger/adder as soon as the fight is done , if he survives.
When u feel like it...PM adding peeps from your realm that spoilt your fight for the holy rp or deathblow.

Sounds similar to me :) /hug

Amphrax/Arauddry

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
tbh goa aint helped the whole thing of ADDING.. if they had allowed peeps to organise solo areas like on us it would be simple.. leave the solo peeps in solo areas alone regardless... if its any other place ... if its red it dead... easy :)

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
If it`s red it`s dead is my moto
Flame we all you please but i`m actually playing by the "rules" and not breaking any

I play a mini and i got 2 damage spells a stun and 2 mezzes... wtf else can i do?.... i cast both spells take 10% hp pull my rapier out and i`m dead

I do run with groups but also enjoy playing solo to achieve something other then the zerg fest we call RvR these days

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
I just dont see whats fun about SZ'ing every soloer out there, you may get some rps... thats all, but soloing and improving your playstyle you can earn way more rps and have a good time while playing instead of running around looking for someone else fighting to add.

ye ppl like grolf and grattis are perma add on sight.

Faggots elite on Dyvet #1 at present.

Not really sure what to vote on. Changed my view on this matter abit. I'm no longer that fussed about getting added on, I don't like it but I can accept it. However I never add on any fight, I don't even help realmmates that are outnumbered.

Same as kivik. I'll give Grolf and co the benefit of the doubt and not add them when I'm playing, but once they add on me I'll just do the same for the rest of my play time for that day.

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
In my opinion there is no single answer to the question, there are times you should and times you shouldnt.

1) If i see 2 or more enemies attacking lesser numbers I will Add.
2) If i see a 1v1 away from busy area's, I will not Add unless the Alb asks me to. (spirit of the Realm)
3) FG v FG in IRVR Area's, I will always add, it's ridiculous to try to stand there counting numbers.
4) If im running in a small grp or solo and meet a FG, I expect to be killed, it dosent bother me, neither does people adding on my fights!

Its just a game.

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
RR10-Guildmaster of LOE and
thoroughly nice chap!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
yes i can easily say tht, with his bs excuse him thinking i was an rr6 and tht i was someone tht added on him earlier, is it so hard to click the name before rushing in and assjamming ppl? No not rly. So to come up with some bs excuse is lol.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
i like it if people clicks on me libra

"add to Matmardigan's reputation"

so come on, add on me please :)

i need some love :(

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Adding is a no - no. People should respect fights - featuring makingkillspamisnic and hestethun

This poll's credibility just hit rock bottom!

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Adding is a no - no. People should respect fights - featuring makingkillspamisnic and hestethun

This poll's credibility just hit rock bottom!

Hey! :twak: Some of us posted this poll in good faith to try and get a sense of what people like. For instance - alot of people actually don't care about adding according to the poll!

It's a shame some people can't read and have turned aspects of this into a flame war about other people. Do me a favour and keep the mud slinging / tantrum throwing to other threads please. :twak:

Thanks for all those that posted on the poll and posted acceptable material here. :fluffle:

/bow

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Don't mind either way. Seems like option 1 and 4 are practically the same :)

Then again I don't play DAoC anymore.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Hey! :twak: Some of us posted this poll in good faith to try and get a sense of what people like. For instance - alot of people actually don't care about adding according to the poll!

It's a shame some people can't read and have turned aspects of this into a flame war about other people. Do me a favour and keep the mud slinging / tantrum throwing to other threads please. :twak:

Thanks for all those that posted on the poll and posted acceptable material here. :fluffle:

/bow

What the hell is your problem? I pointed out the obvious flaw in your poll and you lash out at me. What the fuck is the point of making a poll if the results doesn't reflect the reality? Do you have some wierd make polls for the fun of it fetish or what?

Get a grip.

/Rude

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Seriously I couldn't find my answer so I voted #3. I don't add (ye sure, everyone has added some day) and I try to keep it back even versus known adders cause if I start doing it I'm not really any better in my own opinion (yes my own, ok, that doesn't mean general opinion).

Then again the poll was about our feeling about adding and there are lots of people who play to group and add, to kill all enemies they see. If they want to play that way, so be it and I'm not gonna pm them or abuse them in some way. I admit that I might get upset and moan at the poor people who are on TS with me atm, but that's another story ^^

The problem I always see is that often the 1v1 fights are seen from a strange perspective. If you PA a caster running to a boat then you're not fighting a 1v1 and if I run by I will try to keep that caster alive, cause that's a bullshit way of calling yourself a 1v1 player. You can replace caster with RoGlord or any kind of person that isn't even remotely interested in a 1v1 there.
I think it was Illu who once said "kill them once maybe, but let them go after this" and I kinda agree, but if you / I get killed in the process of doing so, then no moaning.

Sometimes I get the feeling some people are out there 10minutes to cry for 15minutes on FH afterwards. If it sux for you, just breathe and do something else for some time. I got zerged to hell on my infil yesterday, so I relogged and went for some relaxed farming, till it was later and then I went out again =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom