To “CHEATING BASTARD” Mids at CBeno

X

Xethron

Stop exploiting that bug where you can repair the doors with out standing next to them and repairing the outer door from inside the keep after it has been taken out traping the tanks inbetween the doors (and this is by no means the first time I have seen Mids exploiting this).

I am not gona rant/flame at you because stupid cheating-slime like you thrive on stuff like that, I just hope you get a ban form GOA for continuing to abuse this bug, are you so cowardly to face your foe on even terms?

A

AbPoon

Are you too cowadly to take on our 2fg's trying 2 break through AMG even or did you need 3+ groups to do it 4 you? :)

And thought i really care about your opinion and i honestly feel your pain on this issuie, stfu.

M

Mavl

AbPoon

I guess that's not cheating, so stfu. thx.

P.S. if u need cheating to beat someone, I feel sorry for u.

A

AbPoon

Did i say it was cheating? nope :) was on about him calling it cowardly.

Nerf people who cant be arsed to read things properly, and seeing as we in a habit of ending everying post like this, stfu kkthx

EDIT: And tbh why all the sudden intrest in whining about keep doors? its been going on for ages and GOA have stated that its not cheating so why tf does a tread like this pop up every week?

M

Mavl

AbPoon
the word "cowardly" is unsutable in both cases.

My point was: it's inappropriate to compare thing u did to cheating.

P.S. and if it's cheating or not cheating... it just plain sux :(

P.P.S. stfu kkthxbye (almost forgot;p)

L

leap

Albs as bad.. imho

I cant say this dont go for hibs.. but as i was in thid last time alb took thid keep... hibs arranged a small take back party without rams etc... and albs was doing this bug exploit... and i dunno if u guys do it for fun or for fear in thid. But i surely hope u dont do it in the "real" rvr...

just 2 cents from a hibbie

M

Mavl

Was always wandering.. is it really so hard to fix these kind of bugs? they can really spoil things sometimes =/

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Xethron
I am not gona rant/flame at you because stupid cheating-slime like you thrive on stuff like that

hmmm :D

well if it makes u feel better we greased them when they made a tea and pie run back to mpk @ 1am ish :)

B

Bleri McThrust

<sigh>

This old thing is rearing its head again.

Repairing outside doors is not considered bug exploitation.

Thats official.

K

katt!

Originally posted by AbPoon
Are you too cowadly to take on our 2fg's trying 2 break through AMG even or did you need 3+ groups to do it 4 you? :)

And thought i really care about your opinion and i honestly feel your pain on this issuie, stfu.

you are an idiot.

k? thx.

O

old.FIN

Repairing outside doors is not considered bug exploitation.

Depends where u do it..

next to door, of course not...

but i been trying to repair outer door from inside and never succeed it.. so i really wanna know if its bug or not...or cheat or what ever..

usually if doors r smashed and both doors r under repair, i trap my self between those 2 doors and repair outer door from there, and thats not a bug/cheat...of course if inc comes and i need ot get inside keep i need to get outside 1st, and usually that point i die =) specially now when port near doors, not to gatekeeper..

asking this also from RightNow to get official answer to it..And depending on answer, i will take some action if its going on next time it is done, and i dont care who it is, alb/hib/mid..

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I feel it is a cheat, just like enchanter pets somehow going through a keep wall to nuke someone out of sight.
I guess some more pet classes can do this, but I still feel that Mythic should solve this issue.
It is just stupid to assume that this makes sense. And the Mythic developer not calling this a cheat but a feature must have worked for Microsoft a bit too long.
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Ramas

imho

The inner doors should be open until the outer door is drops below 20%.

Then everyone can repair them and there is no problem.

The reason, I suspect, repairing from inside is not 'considered an exploit'. Is because it's difficult to demonstrate who was doing it and that they are indeed inside the keep from just a log and some screenshots.

hurrumpf.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by old.FIN

Depends where u do it..

next to door, of course not...

but i been trying to repair outer door from inside and never succeed it.. so i really wanna know if its bug or not...or cheat or what ever..

usually if doors r smashed and both doors r under repair, i trap my self between those 2 doors and repair outer door from there, and thats not a bug/cheat...of course if inc comes and i need ot get inside keep i need to get outside 1st, and usually that point i die =) specially now when port near doors, not to gatekeeper..

asking this also from RightNow to get official answer to it..And depending on answer, i will take some action if its going on next time it is done, and i dont care who it is, alb/hib/mid..

Have done this before and posted the reply but here it is again.

The question was ..

Is the reparing of outer keep doors from inside a keep bug abuse or not?

And the answer
Greetings.

We have investigated this and it is not regarded as bug exploitation. Line of sight is not currently required for repairing objects and while we can hope this to change in the future, it is not currently considered a bug to rapair items not in line of sight.

Best regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

A

Arnor

I feel it is a cheat, just like enchanter pets somehow going through a keep wall to nuke someone out of sight.

I agree, I consider this cheating, and also very lame.

I will take no part in this! what? stop giggling!

seriously though, I wont be repairing any doors like that both because I cant, and even if I could, I wouldnt, so there ^^

S

Spudgie

Since you can only do it with Mid keeps I'd consider it cheating. Bledmeer being the BIGGG culprit, it happens everytime you try and take it with defenders present. Not funny :/

O

old.Lythande

Originally posted by Spudgie
Since you can only do it with Mid keeps I'd consider it cheating. Bledmeer being the BIGGG culprit, it happens everytime you try and take it with defenders present. Not funny :/

That's funny since the original poster was complaining about ppl doing it at Caer Benowyc which is located in Albion, Hadrians Wall..

D

Derianna

U can do it in any keep. Not Mid only.

Regards,
Derianna

O

old.Filip

hehe :) ya i remember doing it on N'ged vs hibs..

only the event was uber fun for every1 involved..

As i remember it HB and GOL was in a join venture Keep taking tour in hib.. as a result a hib zerg emerged tryin to take keeps just as fast back..

we then positioned Herbal in the room above the gate's of N'ged.

off we went to take new keep's while herbal was very boored in N'ged. To her much deligth the Hib zerg turned up and bashed the outdoor down rather fast..

then she repaired the outdoor from the room above when all the tanks was bashing the inner door.
In the meanwhile our 2 groups gathered in some woods below

BIG panic came when we found out that even though herbal could repair the door she could not target it to close the door. So Brommix the infiltrator had to stealth up among the hibs and close the door.

Certain on victory we charge the poor defensless hib caster's/healers.
After steamrolling the casters every1 was laughing at the hib tanks that we thougth was traped inside the gates untill some1 portet inside the keep and saw that they had beaten down the inner door.
Every1 panicked and portet inside.. but to late with half our force still outside the EVUL hib tanks had beaten down the lord and the keep changed hands..

so there we was half of us standing in the yard of a hib keep.. other half standing out side..

with the help of the guards the hib tanks made an end to the alb adventure to all of us... we was still laughing though .. and TBH i think hib's was too

Filip
Minstrel of Herfølge Boldklub

B

Bleri McThrust

:D rofl

If you can get over the idea that this is bug abuse, cheating or whatever, which it isnt, then this adds a bit more zest and another skill to keep taking/defending.

The first few times I got stuck inbetween doors was annoying. Then it became aggravating. But what really prompted me to get the official answer to it was after one awesome siege at Bledemeer. This went on for ages with the advantage swinging back and forth between Mids and Albs. The outer door closed 3 times that night, but that just kept us working harder.

However some of the shine was taken by people screaming "Take screenies, post them to GOA. This is bug abuse". Heard it all before of course but wondered why I never heard any answers ? Well obviously it would seem that those that scream bug abuse would appear to be the ones to lazy to actually find out.

So of went the question back came the reply and now I look at outer door repairs as just another tactic to be overcome. Its useable by any realm in any frontier. Now the tactic is out in the open Im fairly sure its use will decline as people look out for it.

J

j0ker

you CANNOT close doors from inside

only repair

some poor bugger still has to slip out hopefully un-noticed and shut it from the outside.

and with gatekeepers swamped by AE every 30 secs and 5 assassins camping him, it's not as easy as you guys make out.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by j0ker
you CANNOT close doors from inside

only repair

some poor bugger still has to slip out hopefully un-noticed and shut it from the outside.

and with gatekeepers swamped by AE every 30 secs and 5 assassins camping him, it's not as easy as you guys make out.

Exactly so why cant those that scream "Bug abuse" find the tactics to stop a legitimate action. Its not hard to stop and anyone who manages to close the doors good luck to them.

O

old.Nol

I think the constant search to find something that you can accuse people of abusing is really lame...just get on with it, it's not a difficult game, you basically hit things.

Users who are viewing this thread