TMNT

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Did Michael Bay watch Transformers 1 while doing a load of cocaine and steroids, all whilst fapping furiously and then think to himself "shit boy, I can ruin many more childhood memories than this!!" ?

It looks like 3.5h of what Raven described..

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'd like Michael Bay to remake MacGyver and himself play MacGyver. CorNokZ, I'm sure it goes deeper than that :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It looks like turtles. Not bugeyed cutesy turtles, but everything shown there is turtles to the core.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i'm going to go against a lot of "critics" out there, but here's the nutshell(hihi) from a lifelong fan and who was slightly disappointed with transformers reboot(as a whole);

No major spoilers, just in case.

- Megan fox is a solid april(i wasn't expecting it). Boobs and butt aside(don't worry there's some), i like her as an actor(yeah yeah i know).
- Turtles act/are turtles. That's it. Brothers to the core(some say they're too "bros", but those peeps don't have brothers for sure :p).
- Humor (and as a meter of turtle screentime) is good.
- Backstory is "fair enough", it's not as solid as the original, but it will do. Setup doesn't take long and is understandable since it's been a good while since the last.
- Action is good. Maybe less shakycam, more of clearcut fighty stuff, but it's still good.
- Story overall, well, it's an action movie about ninjaturtles. Yeah go figure eh. It's basically the plot of movie 1. April->turtles->shredder->fight.

All in all; good popcorn movie, good reboot of turtles(we've had worse), finally a version where they look like they could kick serious ass, not necessarily movietheatre needed, but worth the watch.
If you liked the first movie as a kid and go in with a kid mind, you'll enjoy it.

If you go in looking for plotholes, changes to your beloved origin story, bad CGI, or other stuff like that then you might have a harder time.

Could it have been better? Ofcourse. Is it enough? Certainly.

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As a little caveat; if you're the kind of person who agrees with a review that focuses on A: cashgrabs B: Acting skills C: Michale Bay is this/that/things. D: Product placemet E: All of the above and other irrelevant stuff since it's a TMNT movie....don't go see it, you'll feel violated as it's not for you.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I've watched this and its pretty entertaining if you ignore most of the Megan Fox drivel at the start. The turtles look awesome and the humor and action is great. Good popcorn movie, will watch the sequel when its released just hope it's has more turtle and less April scenes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also liked the way they didn't go the route of "carbon copy turtles with different color bandanas". They really nailed the personalities etc.

Raph looks like a beast who could beat Hulk up. The shades though :p

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I thought that it was a good popcorn movie... And considering Michael BWAHHHHH Bay was involved I was pleasantly surprised

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The original was a cartoon to sell toys and here we are getting all nostalgic about it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Transformers as well and Pokemon....waits for Bay Pokemon back in the pocket

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Honestly is there a "prime" childrens cartoon that isn't made to sell toys?

Users who are viewing this thread