TLW Sidi Raids - The future

S

speshneeds

Well, as most know the TLW sidi raids over the past few weeks have been more than a little sporadic due to a multitude of reasons. People get bored of constantly leading the same raid over and over, people no longer have the time to lead, etc etc etc.

So, this has meant that more than a few times there has been a number of people standing in Gwyntell waiting for a raid that didnt happen etc which is a shame as the TLW mod system, whether you like it or not, makes for about the fairest system to actually _get_ an item you want.

So anyway, heres the deal :)

From a week monday (January 12th) there will be a Regular MONDAY raid leaving Gwyntell 30 mins earlier than the old raids, So be there @ 1900 to sort grpage and leave @ 1930.

TLW rules will still apply as will the mod system.

The main difference will be that there will be more than 1 lotto :)

Basically the aim is to offload all of the items gained on the raid as the "Sidi shop" is unmanageable and generally a pain in the arse (you can still buy stuff from it with mods etc but no new items will go in there). Current mods will continue.

So - 1st lotto round standard TLW ruleset will apply. Can only roll for the nominated character (Alt or char on raid) and if you win your Mod will be zero'd (mods included in rolls).

2nd lotto - Items not claimed in the initial lotto can be lotto'd for again (nominated character again) with _NO_MOD_LOSS if you win. No mods on rolls

3rd lotto - Free for all, all the leftover stuffs lotto'd away regardless of character. no mods on rolls, no mod loss for winning

Problem with this system is that it will make the lotto a little longer than it used to be. So, Bind in Gothwaite or be able to get to Goth within 10 mins of the end of the raid as the lotto WILL start 10 mins after apoc wipeout, if you are not there you cant lotto.

original TLW rules =

http://www.thelastwatch.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1373

UPDATE

Soulfly has confirmed he will be leading the Friday raids once more also! :)

Please tell as many people as you can about this, the more people that turn up the easier its gonna be, goin thro sidi with 20 people is a complete grind and not really worth it :)

Y

Yussef

Rules are fine with me, updating the shop system this week too.

T

Talmont

Sounds good, count me in as usual, only been 16 raids since last Merc BP dropped :)

T

Tafaya Anathas

I'll be there, I have made my minstrel SC template with SSA :)

S

SoulFly Amarok

I would like to add, that I will be leading these raids on friday's again. IF people come. I can't be bothered with leading 30 people :)

W

wildsorcerer

Originally posted by speshneeds

3rd lotto - Free for all, all the leftover stuffs lotto'd away regardless of character. no mods on rolls, no mod loss for winning

original TLW rules =

http://www.thelastwatch.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1373

[/B]

has this Part 3 changed the rules so that items can be sold / traded ?

im thinkin if u are rollin for a item reguardless of charater u maynot even beable to use it ..

and yes all the best items will go in pt 1 and 2, but for thease items are they tradeable/sellable or are we gonna see thease items stay in ppls vaults rather than a TLW vault ? or at least stay there till teh person can make a charater to use them ...

S

speshneeds

Fair point.

Issue here is that the TLW vaults are effectivly stuffed full of the "crap" from sidi, so by not doing the 3rd lotto means that there will just be even more poo itams in the vaults ><

The "No Sale" Rule continues at this time.

W

wildsorcerer

so thease items just stay on ppls vaults unused .... if 1 they are crappy and 2 easyly obtained then to sell ./ trade them will at least see sum use from the items ... i just hate dust :D

S

speshneeds

well you also gotta think about the hassle involved in getting this working and keeping it working. I will be loathed to make any more changes untill i see if people actually show up for the raids and people dont log after their item doesnt drop off their boss etc....

H

Huntingtons

Will you still only be able to roll for 1 item?

A

Arlone

sounds goodie. Looking forward to some more sidi-raiding when I get back from the snowy alps ;)

...and hopefully more than 30-40 people will come each raid.

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by Huntingtons
Will you still only be able to roll for 1 item?

to be decided, will play that one by ear

T

the_smurflord

Just an idea borrowed from our hairier cousins in midgard.

Tesla runs the FFA raids there and operates an almost identical mod system and almost identical rules to the TLW raids in albion.
Like TLW, she's built up a huge vault/shop full of the so-called "crap" from TG.
Just before new years, it was decided to empty the vault. All the contents were re-lottoed.
The rules were that you have had to attended some of the raids that generated the loot, and you have a lvl 50 character that can use it. Each item was lottoed with no mods, with 1 person allowed to claim 1 item per round. They then did as many rounds as needed to completely clear out the vault.
Very fair system, and stops the massive build up of loot over time.
I think she does them every 4 months or something, though I could be wrong.

Just a suggestion.

L

Lanceloc

If you can reward me for spending 3 - 4 hours of my life in that dungeon then I'll come along. I want a guarantee I'll get something.

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Lanceloc
If you can reward me for spending 3 - 4 hours of my life in that dungeon then I'll come along. I want a guarantee I'll get something.

That simply is impossible because 1: yer prob not the only one wanting a specific item, 2: all drops are random and thus you never can promise anyone something they want will drop and 3: it depends on the ammount of ppl who come if you can lets say defeat the horsemen or not and thus be able to gain horsemen specific loot.

Face it if you could get all items ya need each raid it would be pointless to make such hard encounters and then might aswell make an npc selling the stuff...

H

hrodelbert

Originally posted by Lanceloc

never mind i guess they'll have to struggle to cope somehow without your services, i'm sure spesh is looking into raid cancelation without you tho :(

F

Frosen

hmm this system might get me in some sidi raids again

after i did 6 sidi raids (not all TLW) and getting no item at all i kinda gave up spending 6+hours to get nada items

anyway you might see me on one of the next raids then :)

Users who are viewing this thread