Titanic II... wait what?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's not a sequel to Titanic, its some shitty straight to DvD movie about a ship called Titanic 2.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
well it technically could be called a sequel, it follows on from the last, just 100 years later xD

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Thats not right - titanic 2 should be the original story, but from the icebergs point of view. Vanilla Ice Should sing the theme song.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
it looks soooooo fucking bad lol i'm going to watch it just because of the cheese factor xD

pikeh

Resident Freddy
"It looks like history...is repeating itsself!"

bloody hell.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Two hours of bubbles coming up from the seabed. Either most dumbest or most genius movie title ever.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Is it me or does the funnel on Titanic 2 look like it has a sad QQ face?

MV5BMTMxMjQ1MjA5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIzNjg1Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This seems, while titanic I was a bit of a homage, a bit in poor taste.

And oi'm not talking about plot/visuals/acting/lines here :D

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
lol my roommate bought shitloads of DVDs home from Thainland and this is on one of them!

If it works I'll watch it and give my review :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've actually sat and watched this with my wife and I must say the cheese factor is unmatched, the CGI looks sooooo bad lol.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
did you notice any of these fun facts BO?

Revealing mistakes: During the panic scenes a passenger runs along the deck from left to right and passes a line of windows, the ship is supposed to be out in the middle of the ocean but the reflection of the shore lights, buildings etc. are clearly visible in the reflection.

Revealing mistakes: When the ship is in dock the name is clearly defined on the bow, when the ship is portrayed in CGI the name on the side is missing.

Continuity: The name of the ship is referred to in one scene as "SS Titanic II" and then in another scene as "USS Titanic II".

Revealing mistakes: During the panic scenes where passengers are being sent down by elevator, an evacuation/location plan is visible on the back wall - the depiction is of a curved building, obviously from a hotel not a ship.

Continuity: When the ship is about to depart there is a large amount of red paint showing on its hull above the water line, showing it is riding fairly high in the water, even though it should be fully loaded. However, when we subsequently see the ship, no red can been seen.

Factual errors: When the propellers stop, the ship itself stops almost immediately. Even if the propellers were put into full reverse, which does not appear to have been done, it would actually take the ship about half a mile to slow and stop.

Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): It is standard practice that in an emergency people should not use elevators, yet that is exactly what the ship owner does.

Continuity: After the three characters escape out of the top of the elevator, the two women go first up the ladder, but when they reach an upper floor it is the man - who was below them - who is now leading the way and who opens the doors.

Factual errors: There are numerous shots showing the Moon practically full at time time of the sinking. However the phase of the Moon on 13 April 2012 will actually be Last Quarter, so it cannot be full the next day.

Factual errors: The Titanic II is allegedly taking the same route as its predecessor, RMS Titanic. At the start of the ships voyage you can clearly see the Statue of Liberty in the background. If the ship was taking the historical route, this would not be the case. RMS Titanic set off from Southampton, England, and was supposed to end up in New York.

Plot holes: In one scene, the ship is referred to as the USS Titanic II. USS stands for United States Ship and is only used for warships, not commercial passenger liners/cruise ships. The prefix would likely have been MS (Motorship) Titanic II.

Continuity: The dock scene is a complete mess. In the long shots the ships is tied to a dock near a city with numerous skyscrapers, while in all the closeups there are no skyscrapers visible. The ship used for filming, the Queen Mary is permanently moored, which is also evident in the closeups with mooring lines and a mole.

Revealing mistakes: When the passengers escape from the boat and are floating in the water. There are clear reflections on the bottom of the swimming tank used. Obviously this wouldn't be the case considering they are in the middle of the Atlantic.

Continuity: In the very final scene when the survivors are getting into the life raft it is very obviously dark as the film is set at night. However moments later when inside the raft there is daylight streaming through the opening in the canvas.

Factual errors: In the bridge scene, the captain and second officer (the guy with two stripes on his sleeve) each are wearing hats with scrambled eggs on the visors, although such decorations are reserved for senior officers of which he is not.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
can't say that I did! I was too busy reveling in how shit it was lol.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
it was on tv a couple of weeks back, i had it on for a few minutes for shits and giggles but it was plain awful.

someone i was with then thought there was a real Titantic 2 made - as in another boat - and that it also sank to the bottom of the ocean. Duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom