Tips on flying Reaver?

O

old.amoeba

Can anyone give some tips on flying a Reaver/Mosquito.

I find it far too sensitive using a mouse, even turning the sensitivity down a bit. Do people use joysticks or joypads?

Also identifying the enemy is difficult, I seem to shoot at my own people far too much. Zoomed in makes the controls even worse, so that isnt much of a solution.

E

envenom

dont be a noob and waste your entire missle payload on 1 soldier like most of the noob reaver pilots do :p

P

[PS]Mung

I feel sure in my observations of good pilots that they must use a joypad or joystick.
The mouse is far too sensetive to be used for the fine control needed fo piloting these things.
As for identifying the enemy, they'll be the ones shooting at you. No on second thoughts that might be your team mates.

Oh and go ahead and empty your load over a single soldier if you will. You might just kill 'em.

G

Gewny

Advance targeting system is very good for a Pilot, and dont deny the use of missiles, a couple in an infantery guy can do wonders and making carpetbombing over tighly gatherd enemy troops (lika around an pressed back AMS) is relly lovly.

When it comes to dogfighting u relly has to be an tactican, the crafts has the same propertys and sometimes the piolots try the same tactic and then some fights can last for very long :D

When u get a missil lock run away, if no missilies show up on radar turn around and kill that dude that is playing with his emty rocket rifle. :)

About flying only one solution : train, drive around in the woods and lowsniff the bases, drive under walkbridges you will die but atleast you learn...hopefully :D

O

old.amoeba

Originally posted by Gewny
Advance targeting system is very good for a Pilot, and dont deny the use of missiles, a couple in an infantery guy can do wonders and making carpetbombing over tighly gatherd enemy troops (lika around an pressed back AMS) is relly lovly.

When it comes to dogfighting u relly has to be an tactican, the crafts has the same propertys and sometimes the piolots try the same tactic and then some fights can last for very long :D

When u get a missil lock run away, if no missilies show up on radar turn around and kill that dude that is playing with his emty rocket rifle. :)

About flying only one solution : train, drive around in the woods and lowsniff the bases, drive under walkbridges you will die but atleast you learn...hopefully :D

Are you a reaver pilot then Gewny?
If so do you use mouse?

G

Gewny

Yes I use mouse, but then I got my basic training in Descent :)

As I see it if you use the keybord properly (with ascend/descend, strafe and Afterburner) you can do fairly good with a mouse.

I have spoken to ppl that say that using joystick is virtually impossible cuz Planetsside handles them like analog sticks, maybe an analoge keypad or an old school joystick (like the ones used to C64 or such) would be lovly but havent tryed em yet.

And dont be afraid of a high sensetivity, u will need to have it in some situations, better learn to handle it than to wish u would later on.

I would not say I am the ubah pilot but I win my fair share of dogfigths and take ppl on groud, watch out for terran AI Maxes thou they have a nasty habit of blasting you to pieces before u get ure thumb to that Afterburner button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom