Tips and info for a Tic

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
I am thinking of making a tic for solo/small grp rvr. Anything i really need to know ? Best start-up point setup ? Do i really need a cleric bot ? Where is the best place to xp ? If any1 would like to throw in some PL/items i wont mind :p

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
go rej to lvl and choose open area mobs, lyonesse for 30+ comes to mind and they all drop xp items (dunters -> danoin clerks -> fishermen -> soldiers etc)

cleric bot not needed as focus is capped cast times (between each pulse and its not better to chain cast the DDs until you cast v v fast- see vn boards for sustained heretic dps reports)

flex or crush doesnt matter, viper followed by indi is a nice combo for pve as is the 5s 2nd part stun in crush which gives chance to kite and re-dd

most si mobs are heat weak so for 1-20 id just keep moving further into avalon isle, unless you want to try cata areas which are better xp / harder mobs

simply chaining arualite dungeons is also good xp / more fun than sitting at a camp and the named mobs drop some good items (best to use allkhazam to see what drops what and what is "tic-friendly")

wouldnt mind rolling an alt if you fancy it to xp with- got a 50e ml10 cleric we could make use of?

o as for points id say 10 con then either pie/dex/str/qui for your other startin points, probably pie dex con and any race is a good one for a tic :)

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
for leveling up i can recomend a stunbot (cleric) and spending ur first point in wild power - i went from 49-50 in an evening with a stunbot alone, that was pretty nice i think

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
minstrel would be better for both dps and regen's whilst also having stun, and as your leveling from 1 as a tic more chance of finding a minst who wants to autolvl but then i guess the stun element is taken away ah well :x

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Melee Tic would be prolly 10 str/10 dex/10 con, or maybe quickness instead of con. I went the first with my former melee tic (50 Flex, 50 Enh, 23 Shield, rest Rejv).

I leveled with the Flex styles and grinded in Catacombs' instant dungeons or on Avalon Isle/in Avalon City apart from some power leveling. You have only a small endurance down time, since you can heal yourself with base line heals or later on with a Flex style. You block a lot, so getting the styles in isn't that hard in PvE.

You don't need a Cleric bot, apart from resists you only need dex/quick and that you can get at various levels from a charge.

I assume you are going to RvR when you are done, go high PD first, even when you run mainly in a FG, it makes your life so much easier since you have a low hp table. High MoB is essential when you solo a lot and use Flex. CoZ and EP are must have artifacts.

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Mincer is ok for low levels, but when mobs start to get yellow-red, u gonna need a cleric, and for power, just use fop

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Golly said:

Ability that converts power to HP when you're low on HP. With the champ weapon charge, EP ability and power potions and the ability running it makes a significant difference in 1 vs 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom