TIP to albion players

N

NoBrains

Hello everyone,

i would like to give a little piece of advice to all albion players specialy to melee chars cuz the casters feel this same way i do...

When u watching a situation like this: caster running arround with a melee char on the ass and, the caster stops uses Quick Cast + CC spell (root mez whatever)
Don't go there hit him just because u think u're doing the right thing because U AREN'T... Unless u wait for the caster to move again into safe distance the caster will die as soon as u break his CC spel...
So unless u're a tank with slam or a minstrel with stun DON'T EVER break the cc spell when the running caster is near.

I bet almost all albion & other realms casters feel this ' in they're skin'

On a side note, please don't take this as a flame i just really want to pass the tip.

Regards

S

StormriderX

lol this happens all the time - I love it since it means I don't spend ages watching whilst mezzed etc ;)

T

Trinilim

yes, and one other thing.

Please hit the kobold/elf/luri that's waving their hands around and causing pain for everyone in the area and not the big hampster with 2 flaming axes or backflipping moose with the huge spear... it's very good for your health.. I promise..

S

shilak

Originally posted by Trinilim

Please hit the kobold/elf/luri that's waving their hands around and causing pain for everyone in the area and not the big hampster with 2 flaming axes or backflipping moose with the huge spear... it's very good for your health.. I promise..
Nah, thats a good thing for albs to do, makes the mid/hib healing job so much easier ;)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by shilak

Nah, thats a good thing for albs to do, makes the mid/hib healing job so much easier ;)

my point exactly :p

O

old.Filip

not the big hampster with 2 flaming axes

disagree with this .. the hamster MUST go down .. he out damage any dd caster and got just about as suxy defence when he is in hamster mode. and if he got endregen he is really a pain..

only other middi i would jump instead of him was a healer/shaman..

Filip
Minser of Herfølge Boldklub

S

sorusi

nah hamsters are peacefull animals who live in emain, they do not inted to harm you so just leave them alone :x

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.Filip

disagree with this .. the hamster MUST go down .. he out damage any dd caster and got just about as suxy defence when he is in hamster mode. and if he got endregen he is really a pain..

only other middi i would jump instead of him was a healer/shaman..

Filip
Minser of Herfølge Boldklub

agree. sure, they hurt alot. but thier defence is so weak, going hamster is kinda suicide.

D

dakeyras

Agree with Filip on this.

Zerkers are a high priority as (until LA is brought into line with other melee) they outdamage casters. Leave a rat with endo buff alone and you are heading for trouble.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Trinilim

All our classes can do the wavy hands thing now :)

J

Javai

An even better bet is to hit sprint and yell at your Merc bf (sitting across the other side of the room) who then charges up prevents flight and you nuke from a safe distance...

Of course if you don't have a Merc bf in the same room this may prove difficult :p

A

Apathy

The zerker wouldn't be a problem if he had been left mezzed. And if he had then been left rooted, there would still be no problem.

But nooooo. Lots of tanks go into battle looking for the nearest thing that looks like them so they can "duel". Of course, if that enemy isn't hitting them and is hitting some caster guy instead that's even BETTER! Because then they won't be taking damage and will probably win the duel! Woo!

It's not just tanks. Spastics play all classes. Are they just making bad battle decisions or are they just doing random shit that they don't really understand? I'd like to see some of these peoples' QBs.

Ah well. All you can do is refuse to group with them again or leave the group since they clearly aren't getting the benefit of having a sorcerer in the first place.

a.

S

StormriderX

Hamsters are generally good targets in hamster mode since they have 0 defence for the duration :) - a nice a shield slam sorts them out fine ;)

A

Apathy

Albion doesn't have shield stun. We have to rely on our many smite clerics taking cover behind my dead body and using their castable stun.

a.

O

old.Filip

Bah ... i see many shield slammes doing a very good job ...
dont know any smithers at all..

O

osrim

But...

Originally posted by stormriderx
Hamsters are generally good targets in hamster mode since they have 0 defence for the duration :) - a nice a shield slam sorts them out fine ;)

After shield thing...press purge...and you running free after those juicy casters! :) Ofc purge aint up always but just dont vendo without purge if table dudes near by, one solution.

J

Javai

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
Albion doesn't have shield stun. We have to rely on our many smite clerics taking cover behind my dead body and using their castable stun.

a.

Albion certainly does have shield stun. And before I got bored of playing my Paladin that was her major function in life - stick to the Sorc and slam anything that comes near. Sure it can be purged but the you can mezz the target and they can't purge again :)

Shield stun also has the added advantage of not being reduced in duration by determination.

A

ab_fluid

Albion imo has the most shield stunners in the game, pallys + armsman (both decent classes, lots of peeps play em). mids got Warriors and Thanes, not played as often as the alb slam classes. Hibs, got hero's lots of em about, champs (gotta say gimp if they got slam) and same with BM's. :)

B

Belomar

Originally posted by NoBrains
So unless u're a tank with slam or a minstrel with stun DON'T EVER break the cc spell when the running caster is near.
Well said. It has happened to me countless times, and they just say "huh?" when you tell them off for doing it. Darn tanks! ;) As an aside, I remember a few months in the past when Apathy blew his top flaming a hapless tank about this very thing on this forum. :p Well, Apathy? Feeling better about it yet? Want to talk? :touch:

D

Danya

Originally posted by Apathy
The zerker wouldn't be a problem if he had been left mezzed. And if he had then been left rooted, there would still be no problem.
Det 4, AE mez falloff, capped resist (possibly buffed). Goddamn that 10s mez is useful. :rolleyes:

O

old.Zoyster

M00ses scare me hamster dont..............I dunno when i see a hamster I click n nuke, they seem to down easier!

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Apathy

But nooooo. Lots of tanks go into battle looking for the nearest thing that looks like them so they can "duel". Of course, if that enemy isn't hitting them and is hitting some caster guy instead that's even BETTER! Because then they won't be taking damage and will probably win the duel! Woo!

It's not just tanks. Spastics play all classes. Are they just making bad battle decisions or are they just doing random shit that they don't really understand? I'd like to see some of these peoples' QBs.

Ah well. All you can do is refuse to group with them again or leave the group since they clearly aren't getting the benefit of having a sorcerer in the first place.

a.

that's why I said leave the hampster alone...

O

old.Finster

NO BADGERS!! <traditional>

Finster, <Nolby Pride>

M

moo_work

Originally posted by dakeyras
Agree with Filip on this.

Zerkers are a high priority as (until LA is brought into line with other melee) they outdamage casters. Leave a rat with endo buff alone and you are heading for trouble.

best thing you can do to a hamster is to slam it then go for the nearest dwarf/kobi waving it's hands in the air, for they are ewul

A

Arathor

kobies arent evils ... they are nice, friendly creatures who'll give u fast raid back to your realm ...

give kobbie zerkers !!!!!

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by ab_fluid
Albion imo has the most shield stunners in the game, pallys + armsman (both decent classes, lots of peeps play em). mids got Warriors and Thanes, not played as often as the alb slam classes. Hibs, got hero's lots of em about, champs (gotta say gimp if they got slam) and same with BM's. :)

Only know of two bm's with shield spec...

All heros will have slam no matter what their set up so they will be the only people doing the slamming :)

Shield spec champs arent as common as lw but they slam as well but are relatively rare :)

K

kirennia

gotta b said, clerics who dont stun are plain silly :p If they say they r too busy healing then slap em cause stunning the target hitting one of your chars gives you a while heal more so...stun helps the healing job so much.

p.s.stun for clerics is in baseline, not spec so all clerics have it

A

Apathy

Most cleric stuns I see are immediately followed by...lightning.

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom