Timeline for upcoming patch 1.81 and beyond

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Requiel or any other goa employee

Could you please give a timeline on the 1.81 patch, or which you plan to patch to next, would be nice to know when toa will be easen up :)

I do realize this aint the official channel to goa, and before you say RN! mine is broken and goa cba to fix it :)

have a good day

Tilda

I doubt they will because if they say, 1.82 by the end of feb, and then they hit a bug that mythic takes a week to fix, they get flamed, especially by you.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I doubt they will because if they say, 1.82 by the end of feb, and then they hit a bug that mythic takes a week to fix, they get flamed, especially by you.

aww that hurt :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Seeing as the US is still on 1.81 if I am not mistaken and we can't be on the same patch as them due to some arrangement between GoA and Mythic so we have to wait atleast untill they have patch 1.82 running on the US.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
That so-called arrangement was a mistake from what I know.

It is no arrangement, it's just a mistake that was done and I dont' think that Mythic really wants the EU servers to be behind them.

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
1.81 will most certainly bring back some ppl to the game i think, ToA made so many of my friends quit. Now i just have to tell them that ToA is nerfed to Hell!

PenrithRM

Fledgling Freddie
If i was to guess at the dates for the upcomming patches, i would say:

1.81 - Middle/End March 2006
1.82 - May/June 2006

Now if i'm right i want cookies from everyone!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
orbin said:
1.81 will most certainly bring back some ppl to the game i think, ToA made so many of my friends quit. Now i just have to tell them that ToA is nerfed to Hell!
People said that about classic too...it didnt happen, or if it did, they quit after a month again.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
old.Whoodoo said:
People said that about classic too...it didnt happen, or if it did, they quit after a month again.

Eh? Classic brought half my old guild 'Lords of England' back and we are still here growing stronger by the day, we have had the best part of 12 people quit WoW to come back and play on Glastonbury, many others quit the game after ToA but are now back and very much enjoying themselves. Not one member has quit in the 2 months since classic went live and infact many of them are nagging other old LoE players to come back as we speak.

Yes I am sure some have come and gone and the numbers on classic server have gone down (as was expected after the inital novelty wore off) but it isn't exactly in terminal decline with 2000 regulars every night. :)

The relaxing of alone ToA won't save the game, neither will the classic servers or Darkness Rising but all 3 together and some good future patches may well see the revival of DAoC EU contine for a while yet. We won't reach 30k active players everynight again but another couple of thousand would make things pretty damn healthy for a 4 year old game. :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
It would be nice to have 1.81 as soon as possible, my new template depends on it and I want the heavy tank love !

:cheers:

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
It would be nice to have 1.81 as soon as possible, my new template depends on it and I want the heavy tank love !

:cheers:

Thats seconded :D Cant bloody wait for the new abbilities my old toon will get!
Hes being dusted off as we speak :clap:

Is it the next patch also we can hand it scrolls without the artifact?

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Blizard said:
Is it the next patch also we can hand it scrolls without the artifact?

Yes :)
Its also the patch where the scroll drop rate is heavily increased.

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
MadsKaizer said:
Hello Requiel or any other goa employee

Could you please give a timeline on the 1.81 patch, or which you plan to patch to next, would be nice to know when toa will be easen up :)

I do realize this aint the official channel to goa, and before you say RN! mine is broken and goa cba to fix it :)

have a good day

Six months or even more. 1.81 Patch will be in Europe when Classic servers die

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Andrilyn said:
Seeing as the US is still on 1.81 if I am not mistaken and we can't be on the same patch as them due to some arrangement between GoA and Mythic so we have to wait atleast untill they have patch 1.82 running on the US.

Which arrangement would that be then?

kinag said:
That so-called arrangement was a mistake from what I know.

It is no arrangement, it's just a mistake that was done and I dont' think that Mythic really wants the EU servers to be behind them.

I think the whole fact we are behind US is coz we have more than 1 language for the patches to go into, and since it would be unfair to fix one set and give it to them, and then do the next, all of Europe get it at the same time... also the fact its smarter (means only 1 patch day for the GoA staff so saves some time)

And yes people could say well mythic could wait for it all to be translated, but do you really think they want to? And anyway, we started the game behind the yanks, we should still be behind the yanks.

We are only 1 or 2 patchs behind which is damn good tbh for the amount of times our patchs have to be translated!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
orbin said:

Bring more of kalmar peps back :p ?

Tilda

The goa translation teams are huge, its not them who cause the slowness, its mythic in recieving a bug report, fixing the goa-version of the patch and the bug, sending it back, it being tested again, another bug being found, it being sent back to mythic for another fix that causes the delay.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Think I read something about Mythic are gonna try and work better with GOA to bring patching more in line with both US and EU.

But it´s gonna be hard aslong as they have to send stuff to Mythic all the time to get bugs etc fixed.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
xxManiacxx said:
Think I read something about Mythic are gonna try and work better with GOA to bring patching more in line with both US and EU.

But it´s gonna be hard aslong as they have to send stuff to Mythic all the time to get bugs etc fixed.

Aye. The boss of Mythic/GoA had enough because it was effecting him too or something so he was hoping to get it to maybe 1-2 months difference.

Tilda, you've recieved the first Rep point I've given all year. =)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Aye. The boss of Mythic/GoA had enough because it was effecting him too or something so he was hoping to get it to maybe 1-2 months difference.

Tilda, you've recieved the first Rep point I've given all year. =)

The interview was with Matt Firor of Mythic in Leipzig last year and is translated from the original German here

Matt Firor said:
Q: You mentioned that the european version of DR will be released a couple months after US. Whas Mythics position about the rather large delay between EU and US patches and are there any actions planned to reduce those delays?

A: The delay is obviously rather long. But we´re the ones to blame here, not GoA. The reason is, that our translation tools are not the best. We´re doing our best to accelerate the process or translation and aim to reduce the gap between EU and US to one month (it´s 3-4 months currently). We´re working together with GoA to smoothen the process of localization. We´re aware that it´s frustrating and got a bad concience about that.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Proof from the top of the chain that GoA isnt all that bad rep point for Matt Firor (if i could)

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
My guess is (from experience with patchhistory) that GoA will wait for 1.82. If you take the US-release in consideration it will be middle of april for EU-players to get patched to 1.82.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Mundokar said:
My guess is (from experience with patchhistory) that GoA will wait for 1.82. If you take the US-release in consideration it will be middle of april for EU-players to get patched to 1.82.
I don't think this will happen. 1.81 is a big patch and it has alot of gameplay changes that will improve the game for alor of people. I think they will go for 1.81 instantly because I don't think they are blind enough to miss that a very big part of the community want 1.81 as soon as possible.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Yupp the next patches will be huge so I think it´s better for GOA to get them out a.s.a.p instead of bundling them together

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
I don't think this will happen. 1.81 is a big patch and it has alot of gameplay changes that will improve the game for alor of people. I think they will go for 1.81 instantly because I don't think they are blind enough to miss that a very big part of the community want 1.81 as soon as possible.

whould not suprice me if they wher that blind tbh..

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Tualatin said:
They can use google language tools now tho!!!

Those tools do not have the correct grammar.

I don't want to play a game where the grammar is off the hook.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Yes cause he was 100% serious Kinag.

Don't they have humor in Norway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom