Time to whine: armor resistances

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
- Armor tables have been adjusted so that no armor will be more than 5% vulnerable to any given type of damage. All armor tables will retain resistances they currently have (this includes 10% resistances).

And here the rest of 1.83D.

Really wonder why they nerf heaters that much, mellee rangers/hunters/scouts became too fotm? :(

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
its not all bad, as a hunter, i get hit mainly by slash, that will now go from 10% to 5% vuln.

Also people will use a wider variety of LW's now. Capped heat meant I hit 10% resists (what inf/ns wouldnt cap heat) Looking at templates, most assasins gimp matter or spirit so I'll just have to use those and hope they have left a hole in their template

noblok

Part of the furniture
This change may just raise overall resists and thus make fights last longer.

e.g. Assassins used to be able to make a decent template with 0 cold in it, as that gives effetively as much defence vs cold weapons as 25% heat gives vs heaters.

Cold: 0 +10 (armour)+10 (CL) = 20
Heat:25-15 (armour)+10 (CL) = 20

Now they'll maybe lower heat a bit in favour of more cold.

Cold: 5+10 (armour)+10 (CL) = 25
Heat: 20-5 (armour)+10 (CL) = 25

As you can see both damage types do equal damage, as they did before the patch, but the overall resists have increased.

noblok said:
This change may just raise overall resists and thus make fights last longer.

e.g. Assassins used to be able to make a decent template with 0 cold in it, as that gives effetively as much defence vs cold weapons as 25% heat gives vs heaters.

Cold: 0 +10 (armour)+10 (CL) = 20
Heat:25-15 (armour)+10 (CL) = 20

Now they'll maybe lower heat a bit in favour of more cold.

Cold: 5+10 (armour)+10 (CL) = 25
Heat: 20-5 (armour)+10 (CL) = 25

As you can see both damage types do equal damage, as they did before the patch, but the overall resists have increased.

That is not correct at all. Debuffs give full value vs buffed resists, and CL resists ain't no exception.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
zerker love!

guess its just the usual mythic see-saw balancing act, add 5% melee debuff weps with a patch u had to buy, then take it away again 3months later :kissit:

Konah said:
zerker love!

guess its just the usual mythic see-saw balancing act, add 5% melee debuff weps with a patch u had to buy, then take it away again 3months later :kissit:

Yah, lol ur right...didn't thin of that...

Not surprised tho, mythic been scamming thier customers for so long so... who cares Oo

noblok

Part of the furniture
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
That is not correct at all. Debuffs give full value vs buffed resists, and CL resists ain't no exception.
I was just calculating the damage done before debuffs, as I don't know how legendary weapon debuffs work.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Spiritmaster

- Spiritmasters will be able to choose between norse, troll, kobold, valkyn and dwarf icons for their summoned pets, in addition to being able to select which weapon they wish their pets to wield. Upon being summoned, pets will prompt their owner to target them and to say a keyword. When the keyword is spoken, it will bring up a menu of options for the owner of the pet to browse. Clicking or saying the available keywords will allow the owner to select the appearance of the pet, as well as select between a one handed sword, one handed axe, one handed hammer or a spear. This functions for all pet tiers. Note: This functionality only works when the player is out of combat, and only the pet's owner can execute the commands on the pet.

I like this tho:)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the armour tables is major nerf for heaters and a major nerf for anything that wears reinforced armour (as this has 3 X -5 vulnerabilities other armours have like -15 in one or -10 in 2 which all get reduced)

retarded tbh. they need to encourage use of piercing which is what there aim was, instead its better to just go blade with 99% of the stealthers nowadays.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
Really wonder why they nerf heaters that much, mellee rangers/hunters/scouts became too fotm? :(
Was melee scout ever fotm? :p
Anyway i agree, this "nerf" sucks bigtime for some classes. Fights last long enough already. So now reinforced gonna suck when leather just gonna have 5% heat weakness... should even the 10% they lost there over 2 other ressist they would get weak vs then.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
first cl buffs to nerf legendaries, then a change in debuffs to nerf thrust, then a nerf to heaters in specific?

makes no sence to me - who wouldn't want to go slash now? malice debuff > anything legendaries have to offer now basically.. or?

assassins will run around with 26% - 5% (armor vulnerability) + 10% (cl buff) = 31% heat resist. calculate in toa bonuses + better templates if you just use malice, they have basically no use anymore. no way in hell debuffproc is > malice

Jjuraa

Banned
dont *really* think theres grounds for complaint, 15% weakness was far too much. and i dont think mythic ever intended for legendary weapons to be used in the way they are now, i think they introduced them more as a tool for PvE than anything else

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
Makes me wonder who sent in this feedback :/

wild guess, Heroes, Champs, Druids, Wardens, Shadowblades, Hunters, Berzerkers and Savages ... all those gimps stuck in armor that's vulnerable to the most common physical damage type

censi

Can't get enough of FH
dont *really* think theres grounds for complaint, 15% weakness was far too much. and i dont think mythic ever intended for legendary weapons to be used in the way they are now, i think they introduced them more as a tool for PvE than anything else

maybe but thats another debait. its the mathematics behind the implemented fix that basically makes RF the shittiest armour out there.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
first cl buffs to nerf legendaries, then a change in debuffs to nerf thrust, then a nerf to heaters in specific?

dont forget the reactionary changes that make it so with most weapon setups you got alike a 30% ish chance for DB - hammy chain not to work at all.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
less crying, u can chose who to attack ^^ imo take away all armour for stealthers :):kissit: and wile we at it remove stealth from the game ^^penetreate them hard whit a big black (stick)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Konstantin said:
less crying, u can chose who to attack ^^ imo take away all armour for stealthers :):kissit: and wile we at it remove stealth from the game ^^penetreate them hard whit a big black (stick)

can really tell you're paying attention :twak:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The weakness was too much, so was the strength.

What is the point of having an HO 2H Crush Arms two shotting a Luri Pierce Vamp? Where is the challenge in that duel?

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
tbh.. this nerf just wasnt thought out right ..
for a pierce NS (me) u gotta know what target ur up against straight away... use that lgm etc... same for hunters/rangers/scouts.. gotta use the right arrows.
so y take away one of the things that defines a good stealther ? this 3s timer to use a reactive style is also complete BS imo...
if ur totally stupid enough not to backup ur styles in the 1st place.. u dont deserve to land that style ffs imo !:twak:
and as for "this might be good, make the fights last longer" im soz but are u mad ? .. assassins arent liked, they get ganked... so making the fight last longer just gives others more time to walk around the corner and gank u and leave the other alb/mid alive of 10% for him to /rude u even tho it was a duel in the 1st place !

pathetic :wanker:'s imo

duact

Fledgling Freddie
even less reason to play zerk now, one of the few things that requires skill will be gone (splitspec, chooedmgtype etc)

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Bonedancer

- Bonedancers are now able to choose which weapon their summoned commander wields. Upon being summoned, pets will prompt their owner to target them and to say a keyword. When the keyword is spoken, it will bring up a menu of options for the owner of the pet to browse. Clicking or saying the available keywords will allow the owner to select from one and two handed swords, axes and hammers. This functions for all pet tiers. Note: This functionality only works when the player is out of combat, and only the pet's owner can execute the commands on the pet.

Finally! :clap:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
The weakness was too much, so was the strength.

What is the point of having an HO 2H Crush Arms two shotting a Luri Pierce Vamp? Where is the challenge in that duel?

Well, first of all, if you two-shot a vamp, the vamp isnt level 50 and wears no template. Second of all, it wasnt due to being weak to crush, its simply the pathetic low AF leather has against high WS tanks.

The problem with this change is already pointed out by Censi ---> Armours with 'only' 5% weakness, but spread out on different resists, are fecked. Meaning Rangers are pretty much weak to everything (or neutral, due to that retarded heat-neutral bug) where NS's will be resistant to all except heat.

Basically its another Pierce-nerf, like it didnt have enough nerfs in the last 3-4 patches, now as a Pierce NS u can expect to see ATLEAST 35% resists against everything u throw at an infiltrator, if he has a decent template.

GW on once again giving Pierce a blow, Mythic. Im sure the last two Nightshades/Rangers who where still pierce, will respec now aswell xD

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Well, first of all, if you two-shot a vamp, the vamp isnt level 50 and wears no template. Second of all, it wasnt due to being weak to crush, its simply the pathetic low AF leather has against high WS tanks.

My RR5 Arms was killing RR8-9 Blademasters easily in duels, last time I heard they are weak to crush too and have an okay AF.

It was no challege to fight vs crush weak users with a Crush 2H HO Armsman, regardless of template, RR, personal skill.

You can translate that into "Pierce got nerfed" if you want to, seems to float your boat, I spoke from my perspective.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
does this mean people normally dont whine?, i tought whine was the default mode of most players

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom