Time to move on?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
WoW largely screwed up the MMO-genre by making it mass-commercial and setting focus on PvE at the expense of neglected PvP.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You don't have to make it so final. I am in a perpetual state of both playing and not playing DAOC. At the moment I haven't logged in for a month but now getting the urge again. Once it starts getting boring again I will take another break.

Afran

Part of the furniture
It may be time to move on, problem is there's nothing to move on to.

DAoC's still the best PvP MMO.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
its not what you play,its who you play with,as a guild we have moved from one game to another,the fun is in being with people you have played alongside for years,what to play next is always a topic of conversation and all agree at the end of the day we will all have a shot at diferant games as a guild,we have been very lucky as a guild and the guys are more like an extended family after so long...

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Time to move on and drop gaming altogether ? :D

When DAoC is fucked, I'm giving it up. Spent 8+yrs on this shit, don't want to start again, jeez was nice while it lasted and I'll be around till this goes down the pan, but not another decade of it on some other random stuff.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
AoC = Its a joke, really, play this at your peril!

Playing this after trying it ages ago. Its a lot better than it was, new content and on the PvP server its not too bad - fairly friendly community that reminds me of the old days in DaoC. So I disagree with you on this - it is shaping up to be a decent alternative.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
When DAoC is fucked, I'm giving it up. Spent 8+yrs on this shit, don't want to start again, jeez was nice while it lasted and I'll be around till this goes down the pan, but not another decade of it on some other random stuff.

When thinking, i might share this sentiment. May be not forever, might pick it up when im around 35. Hoping DaoC 2 and 3 has been released by then.

Punishment

Resident Freddy

My sentiments exactly , i have EvE online subbed till feb on 2 accounts with isk from the summer and im playing wow abit in the backround with friends , but thing is just b4 they game goes belly up i feel we will have a year or so with 1-1.5k pop and it will be solo heaven :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
My sentiments exactly , i have EvE online subbed till feb on 2 accounts with isk from the summer and im playing wow abit in the backround with friends , but thing is just b4 they game goes belly up i feel we will have a year or so with 1-1.5k pop and it will be solo heaven :D

going to try FF XIV when its out next month if that turns out shit i'll give DC universe a go and if that turns out shit i'll give EvE another go :p I like the idea of EvE I just could not get into the game before despite trying multiple times.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
going to try FF XIV when its out next month if that turns out shit i'll give DC universe a go and if that turns out shit i'll give EvE another go :p I like the idea of EvE I just could not get into the game before despite trying multiple times.

I love it im just fixing my sec constantly , either aim for 0.0 carebearing or go full pirate and join a gank corp , simple as that :D

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Whats a big chunk missing from other MMO's is the community, Daoc community was always pretty tight, and even though it was flamewars to hell it was just as much respect going on.

I cant really remember anyone I played other mmos with (except if they came from daoc first). But you always remember a lot of people from Camelot

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Whats a big chunk missing from other MMO's is the community, Daoc community was always pretty tight, and even though it was flamewars to hell it was just as much respect going on.

I cant really remember anyone I played other mmos with (except if they came from daoc first). But you always remember a lot of people from Camelot

'Was' being the operative word :(.

I thought it was bad when Pryd merged with Excal but it was nothing compared to going to the German servers. Saying that the German servers were positively brimming with a vibrant and fun community (or communities) compared to Ywain.

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
From what I heard we all made a big mistake rolling to german servers (avalon etc). We have had the luck of speaking with some decent frenchies and they said that there were a lot of 8v8 fights & times on the french server. GOA even made 8v8 events etc which made people run pug groups as 8v8 and yes there were zergs but that were zerg zones, other zones were 8v8 for example agramon was just an entire 8v8 zone on the french server. Depending on what was going on offcourse but there was always a lot of 8v8 action and not 8 groups or something like it was on avalon cluster ... a lot more really. They spoke about 30 groups or so running around in 8v8. Fixed groups, pugs, etc.

So conclusion: we should have rolled french server instead of stupid german server.

Everz

FH is my second home
:iagree: this

sadly no other game "copied" RvR tri-realm system

Again, more the sad state of the MMO market, that a game that has been butchered and isn't even a shadow of it's former self is still considered the best PvP game.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
sadly no other game "copied" RvR tri-realm system

It's a bit suprising, not like there isn't precident for it (George Orwell's 1984 ffs). Also, pretty sure some old table-top RPGs had good, evil and chaos as 3 different alignments. The Warhammer universe bores me to tears, so maybe I'm wrong, but I guess they could prolly have done something similar with the WAR factions.

Himse

FH is my second home
not gonna lie, i'm still quite enjoying myself, you just have to put your mind aside from getting clean 8v8 and just take it as it comes. it's better than playing wow.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
It's a bit suprising, not like there isn't precident for it (George Orwell's 1984 ffs). Also, pretty sure some old table-top RPGs had good, evil and chaos as 3 different alignments. The Warhammer universe bores me to tears, so maybe I'm wrong, but I guess they could prolly have done something similar with the WAR factions.

Think MJ knicked it from somewhere else IIRC. Some airwar online game or something.

Warhammer didn't have a thing on AD&D and AD&D2e wasn't too bad either.

..it's better than playing wow.

So is having your root canal drilled with a Black and Decker.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie

again, also starcraft has 3 races, but no one has the 3 realm vs realm system that DAoC implemented, not in that mechanism or trigger

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I have decided. Final Fantasy XIV is going to be the online game for me.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

ArenaNet promises to deliver a 3 server Pvp system instead of 3 factions for GW2, which could turn into be something positive.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I agree with whoever said about playing with ppl you know, it doesn't really matter what game I play as long as I'm having a laugh. When I stopped playing DAOC I tried my Xbox online for the first time at it was good for a while; then I started playing with some other ppl I met in game and it got much better. By the end of my first month I had about 10ppl I would constantly see and play games with and had a great time just messing about. Now that the subs have run out, I thought I'd tried Lotr Online for free, got to level10 quite easy and it was good; but playing online without anyone you know is pretty boring so I stopped after the first night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom