Time to move on?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I was pondering a bit just now about how much DaoC really changed. It is nothing what it used to be. There are so many MMO's to try out nowdays. I mean, that's the charm really, to get together with a bunch of guys over voice com, decide on a new MMO and then start the adventure from the beginning.

What i am trying to say is, is there anyone interested in doing just that?

Everz

FH is my second home
There are no other good MMOs out there currently. DAoC is top of the shitheap basically, the next big hope is Guild Wars 2.

Khazar

Fledgling Freddie
me, after playing WoW and WAR im thinking the opposite, that is going back to DAOC lol

Himse

FH is my second home
I tried WoW, its completely boring!
I tried WAR, it's completely boring!

Even if DAoC is not what it used to be, its better than every other MMORPG RvR/PvP wise :(

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
gif DAoC origins... REAL origins... and /restart RRs every 3/5 years? /restart rps whole 3 realms FTW :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Everything sucks because you play with some random Americans or on your own.

Im looking at Everquest 2, yes it is old but there are still expansions coming along. Think it would be fun if a few of us got together and started playing from scratch i imagine!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I tried WoW, its completely boring!
I tried WAR, it's completely boring!

Even if DAoC is not what it used to be, its better than every other MMORPG RvR/PvP wise :(

And you better f****** stay here :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I was pondering a bit just now about how much DaoC really changed. It is nothing what it used to be. There are so many MMO's to try out nowdays. I mean, that's the charm really, to get together with a bunch of guys over voice com, decide on a new MMO and then start the adventure from the beginning.

Final Fantasy XIV is out next month :p try that.

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Let's go level your acolyte in ragnarok, or your elementalist in guild wars :D

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Only MMO im considering other than DAOC is the new Star Wars one in the works.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Same old shit.. nothing better than Daoc .. then again Daoc is shit for many reasons .. we are caught in a wannabe Ivory Tower :ninja:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Problem is that many (myself included) are looking for a MMO that does not, and never will, exist again due to one single crucial factor: time.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Problem is that many (myself included) are looking for a MMO that does not, and never will, exist again due to one single crucial factor: time.

Not ... crucial factor was our hating, respecting, one of a time community we managed to somehow build in that piece of time :s

Punishment

Resident Freddy

I've been thinking the same way for some time now but my 2 eve online acc's are up till feb for free and i have 3 daoc acc's and 1 wow acc up , theres nothing out there atm tho :(

Trust me i've looked , so for now i just play with friends

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think the key thing about daoc is that it forces team work, the rest of the MMO games out there are all about instant action where everyone wants to be DPS. Most games are fun when you're with friends

Effectively FPS that look like RPGs ;P

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I have a strange urge to play a Cleric that i don't quiet understand :(

Am-I-Gay--12152.jpg

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
being gay in 21st century ------> nothing to be ashamed of :p

i guess that EQ2 video is not that bad, but comparing to DAoC's actual RvR, is below its level, actually we all miss the good initial DAoC design, it needed to evolve, but it didn't towards goodness but to nearly extinction, dunno how long will DAoC exist, but Mythic & GoA didn't do the right effort to keep it alive and turn it into real competitor vs WoW massive playing.

Also a very good marketing and developers can get a game that lacks of good pvp (why they didn't just "copy" RvR?) to the top of world MMORPGs, i wonder if Blizzard had taken Control of DAoC before thinking about launching WoW would make any difference..., EA at the moment is not making the difference to put DAoC in the place it should be, imho :cheers:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
WAR = boring rinse and repeat PvP and PvE
WOW = boring rinse and repeat PvE and PvP is terrible after 10 minutes.
EQ2 = boring rinse and repeat PvE and PvP is OKish, but again gets dull
GW = Grind grind grind yawn then killed by Korean uber groups in PvP
GW2 = They say no grind, then again WAR said the same, guess what, they both lie. PvP will be domintated by Koreans again.
AoC = Its a joke, really, play this at your peril!
Aion = more cheats than any other game I have played, and a company that couldnt give ashit about those who want to play nice.
DAoC = easy pve grind with variety, avoidable PvE (using free levels, easy PL, and the rest bought with scales or BPs) and the best PvP ever, 3 realms makes this game sooooo superior in every way. Only downfall is having to have 3 accs to compete and it costs as much as it did 9 years ago to play when it should be free.

Theres loads to play out there, but most are either grind which starts out fun but it soon vanishes after killing 9000000 mobs for the same quest. PvP cannot be beaten, and thats what keeps us here, putting my spear in peoples faces is so rewarding compared to any other MMO.

Miffic, go free to play eh, or at least cut the price, more will return!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Final Fantasy XIV is out next month :p try that.

Been playing the beta for awhile now, it's very "stand in front of a mob and mash one button" at the moment. Nice looking though, but then so was Asheron's Call.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
EQ2 = boring rinse and repeat PvE and PvP is OKish, but again gets dull

Hmm, have to disagree about the PvE, it is alot better than DAoC's PvE ever was, masses of content and well designed quests. As a PvE game you will struggle to find better in the MMO space.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, have to disagree about the PvE, it is alot better than DAoC's PvE ever was, masses of content and well designed quests. As a PvE game you will struggle to find better in the MMO space.
I tried it in beta and about a year later, and found the content to be much the same as any other, maybe if I had progressed a little further I might have found different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom