Time of Defiance

C

.Cask

Anyone else get a little postcard from GAME advertising time of defiance? Hadn't heard anything about it till this morning but an MMORTS sounds quite interesting. Anyone heard of it or have any opinions? Looking for a new game at the moment so I'm considering pre-ordering.

There seems to be a free trial on the official site. I'll try it when I get home.

Also here's a review which seems to be fairly in depth.

C

Clowneh!

It's reminding me of Freelancer for some reason :eek:
I'll download it later, when I get home. Shout for me in IRC later yeh?

C

.Cask

I'll be in #clowneh all oiled up and ready big boy.

C

.Cask

Sounds more like an advanced Planetarion to me but time will tell.

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by .Cask
Sounds more like an advanced Planetarion to me but time will tell.
i think it does too :/
altho thats not necesarily a bad thing:p

T

TedTheDog

Played this earlier in the year and its a fun and quality game, and theres enough variation to keep the interest levels up over the months.
Its Planetarion, Command & Conquer and Homeworld mixed up with a bunch of new stuff. Its good fun, give it a try. No, I'm not paid to say this, I just liked it.

D

Deadmanwalking

playing it as we speak, 32 bloody minutes for the coloniser to get to its new island :(

D

doh_boy

I played planetarion for a while but gave it up because I couldn't get anywhere. There were people playing all the time and 'clans' where if you attacked one of them (even in retaliation) or if you were successfully defending an attack they would all turn around and kick your arse. This is pretty much why I don't do daoc. I just can't spend that amount of time on the pc.

F

Faulkna

I have played this, and it is a good game.

Good tactical game, for those that like to plan ahead,

32 bloody minutes for the coloniser to get to its new island

It can run minimised on your desktop as it has a very small footprint and alerts you to events. If you have broadband you can run it 24/7 and just open it up every so often, tweak your empire, and watch it grow. Then go out and annihilate your enemy :>

Certainly worth trying the free trial.

D

Deadmanwalking

As i speak i got a very nice customer service bod talking to me, hes aware of this thread it seems :D

I have to say i am enhoying this game

C

.Cask

Yeah this customer service guy is great he has been answering all my questions :) 2.1 hours for my colony ship btw, I feel my youth slipping away....

D

Deadmanwalking

5 rocks and trade routes going strong \0/

Big fat fleets next :)

I take it everyone ends up on the same server?

C

.Cask

[17:22] (Clown): im in it now
[17:22] (Clown): what do i do
[17:22] (Clown): :D
mode?
[17:23] (Clown): its like planetarion
[17:26] (Clown): dunno my player number
[17:26] (Clown): im bored of it

Clowns attention span exposed :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Well im playing ID 217 if you are still in :)

C

.Cask

Crashed out and have to go and play horizons. It made me surrender my island when I quit but will be back later :)

D

Deadmanwalking

I got the french bastards island!!

He was sending me abuse so i had him!! RAH

C

.Cask

By the way the CS guy said that the boxed version coming out next friday comes with 3 months free and enhanced graphics and sound. Not too bad for £20 but have to see if I still wanna play after this trial.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by .Cask
Crashed out and have to go and play horizons. It made me surrender my island when I quit but will be back later :)
Who are you in Horizons? :) I'm on the new European server Sapphire now.

L

Louster

gnomic says:
what
Hairy Pooter says:
don't you what me
gnomic says:
hairy pooper
Hairy Pooter says:
best name ever

Hurrrrmf.

C

Clowneh!

Cask, you still playing it? This game aint bad when it gets going :)

C

.Cask

I work all weekend and my Morrowind GOTY arrived this morning so probably won't get a chance to play till Monday. I can't just sit down and play games for 20 mins, gotta have a whole evening to feel the gaming urge.

Sucks being busy.

Users who are viewing this thread