Thursday 9pm, weekly CTF game

C

Chameleon

Every Thursday night from 9pm (uk time) there will be a session for those who want some Capture The Flag action! Undoubtedly the best game type Quake3 has to offer :)
Everyone is welcome, whether you are new to online gaming, new to Quake3 or an experienced fragger!

Details

Server: GAME.NET - Capture The Flag (1) - 213.221.174.166:27966
Date and Time: Every Thursday, 9pm
When and where to meet: 20.30 onwards on irc: #game.q3a or go here and click 'JOIN CHAT' and select the #game.q3a tab or see you on the server at 21.00

Joining the game

While your logged on at Game.net, click here to bring up the server browser. Select 'GAME.NET - Capture The Flag (1) - 213.221.174.166:27966' and click 'LAUNCH GAME'.

If your new to online gaming, you can find all you need to get started here.

Files you will need

You should make sure your copy of Quake3 is 'patched' to the latest version.
You will also need to download and install the OSP anti-cheat software which operates on the servers.
There are additional maps on the servers which aren't included with the retail game. You can download the popular Threewave maps here.
Sometimes the servers may be running maps from the Threewave mod which contains many other popular maps and you might like to '/callvote map' one of the Chicken Team maps.
Many of these are in the server map rotations, so it's a good idea to download these in advance of joining the servers.

If you think you'd like to come along for a game, please ask any questions you might have by replying here, or simply just to say "Hi" before meeting others 'in-game'. Or if you prefer, pop into our IRC channel (See 'When and where to meet' above).

See you there!

W

Wazzerphuk

Delete my post you scum!

<Ch@m> this one? You were too quick for me on the last post :D </Ch@m>

T

throdgrain

Ill check the server at 9, if anyone's there Ill join :)
Fragfodder incoming !!

C

Chameleon

Thanks to all those who came along last night :) Not a bad turn out considering there was just a few hours notice for this weeks game!
We had 3 good games. Everyone seemed out to simply enjoy themselves and it was great to play with a 35 ping mwahahaha :) The server seemed well smooooooth

Throd - Not bad for a cs player mate ;) Hope to see you next week and we can try some maps you might not have seen before heheh

I hope you can get the files sorted for next week Excession. Give me a shout if you still have trouble. Was probably osp I guess.

Thanks SPS and friends for showing up. Maybe your con will be a little better next week Gemma ;)

W

Wazzerphuk

Ch@m = abusing his mod powers!!!!111

Damn, I didn't realise it was happening last night. Been ill so I woulda popped along and caughed on your corpses.

(Lo SPS lot, not seen you guys in a while :D)

T

throdgrain

I really enjoyed it :) Ive havent played much q3 ctf in ages, indeed much q3 at all, and it made a nice change. The only ctf server ive found in the Uk is the Aardvark ones, and they only play ctf 1-4, and are mostly populated by casual q3 players. I say this btw because I can beat em, and I hardly play the game at all !
Still , Ill certainly play next week, and may even bring along a KEA buddy or two if they're up for it :)

E

Excess1on

:)

got it all sorted now

had a missing file from osp but its all there now

will be there next week, so go easy on me ;D

R

raw

i'll pop by, this reminds me, need to organise some clan arena type activities!

C

Chameleon

Tonights game should go ahead as usual, but with the England game being on, things might start a bit slowly at first ;)

D

Darth_Kirkin

Well I'll be there this wednesday with my humble 56k connection :(

C

Chameleon

Great, c u on wednesday mate. Oh those days of q3 on 56k ....... I always had something to blame for being crap then ;) heheh

I

iggy^

I was there, wasnt up to much tho, 12 hr days are taking their toll on me atm :(

Nice to see a full 6v6 team on tho, was fun what I did play :)

C

Chameleon

I've not managed to get the new community servers setup and running yet and am off for a few days hols thursday morning, there's a good chance tomorrow's game (16th April) won't be happening, or will at least be delayed.
The server ip may well be changing too .... so I think it's best to resume on the 23rd ...... with all new servers, configs, etc ;)
Sorry for the late notice.

Ch@m

C

Chameleon

I have to apologise again for the servers still not being up. There seem to be some problems which the system admin guys need to get sorted before I can put the servers up. I've tried several times this week to no avail :(
I don't know if tonights game will be able to go ahead or not, but fingers crossed. Pop into #game.q3a for the latest.

Ch@m

M

morphy

i'll be there next week hopefully to cane all your asses :D

N

NooT-BLoKE

Originally posted by throdgrain
Aardvark ones, and they only play ctf 1-4, and are mostly populated by casual q3 players. I say this btw because I can beat em, and I hardly play the game at all !

I play on the aardvark 1 server...
you obviously haven't met me there yet ;) ;)

P

PHOENIX0

THIS SHOULD BE A LAUGH...

So Game decided to take over Barrysworld and setup a newbie website for Online Gamers...
Not a bad idea i must say but what happened to the good old fashioned Gamers who use to rely on Gamespy before it was change to Gamespy 3D and who use to play quake and quake 2 on a 33.6k or 56k Modem.
I use to play this years ago and gave up due to work but decided to come back and show a few of you the tricks of the trade...
I'l be there Thursday for this one, can have some fun with this...

Andy S

Users who are viewing this thread