Drink Throwing Axes

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone know anything about throwing axes and tomahawks?

@Raven? You're a giant prepper. How is your axe collection?

Basically I fancy getting shitfaced with my mates and very safely play "throw the axe into a large wooden bear". Or something.

I do need a high-quality hand axe - I've a big axe for splitting firewood etc but need a small one for kindling and more delicate tasks. I like to buy quality that lasts and preferably from blighty (but if the best is elsewhere...). But I don't know enough to know if a hand axe that has real practical use can also be thrown or whether I should be separating out the two desires (or, rather, one 'need' and the other frivolous desire).

I reckon I want three throwing axes, don't have to be the same, to properly be able to drunkenly gamify standing about outside with mates.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's what fannies use, to be blunt. They have little practical use, tomahawks can be OK I suppose, but you're better off with a forest axe.

I have a forest axe, one of these. Excellent value for money.

Also, never have an axe out when drinking and certainly don't throw them, boring I know, but they are sharp enough to shave with and weigh quite a bit head end.

Also, with most bought online you will need to get it sharpened (best to learn yourself) but first sharpen will likely need to be done professionally if you don't know what you are doing. If you have a local place near you, they will likely sharpen them for customers.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Anyone know anything about throwing axes and tomahawks?

@Raven? You're a giant prepper. How is your axe collection?

Basically I fancy getting shitfaced with my mates and very safely play "throw the axe into a large wooden bear". Or something.

I do need a high-quality hand axe - I've a big axe for splitting firewood etc but need a small one for kindling and more delicate tasks. I like to buy quality that lasts and preferably from blighty (but if the best is elsewhere...). But I don't know enough to know if a hand axe that has real practical use can also be thrown or whether I should be separating out the two desires (or, rather, one 'need' and the other frivolous desire).

I reckon I want three throwing axes, don't have to be the same, to properly be able to drunkenly gamify standing about outside with mates.

I did an axe throwing thing in a warehouse in London a few years ago.
Was good fun.

There is definitely a technique to throwing an axe to stick into a target. Might want to google the process rather than just chucking the axe at a target.

Not sure if you need a special throwing axe or just a regular axe will do though.

And yes drinking and throwing axes certainly isnt a good idea.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Drinking and throwing axes is a fantastic idea. I enjoyed it very much twatted off my face in a German christmas market in Hannover a few years ago. A young woman pushed 5 axes in my hand and pointed me at a target and I indeed tried to figure out the technique on my first throw - so the first axe bounced off. She just nudged me and said "harder" - and the next four were clustered nicely around the bullseye.

It may well be that I need a set of throwing axes to play with and a separate axe to work with - I'm totally open to the idea.

It's what fannies use, to be blunt.
What's what fannies use? If the objective is to have a set of axes to throw into targets, then surely throwing axes or tomahawks is the right tool?

I like that wood axe - looks pretty cool and only 900g. I would, of course, teach myself how to sharpen it properly etc.

However, whilst I'm in the market for a decent quality working axe that will last me a long time I'm 100% after a set to play with. 'tis the objective of the thread :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tomahawks, they are OK but a proper forest axe has more uses.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tomahawks, they are OK but a proper forest axe has more uses.
Been looking - it doesn't seem that there's a particular axe that's designed for throwing (there are competition axes, sure, but it looks like you can pretty much go with anything).

Think I'll separate them out. Get a set of OK-ish axes for throwing at targets and a proper axe for splitting kindling.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Whichever but get them properly sharpened and learn how to keep them sharp, a blunt axe is a dangerous axe.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Whats wrong with a dart board if you want to throw things while drunk with mates? Maybe im just a boring sod who doesnt need risk of dismemberment in his life 🙂

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whats wrong with a dart board if you want to throw things while drunk with mates? Maybe im just a boring sod who doesnt need risk of dismemberment in his life 🙂
Never liked darts that much tbh.

Apparently 11 feet is perfect for one full axe rotation. 22 feet for 2. 33 feet for 3 etc. etc.

I've a fair bit of space and a chainsaw to make targets out of fallen trees...

:)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Never liked darts that much tbh.

Apparently 11 feet is perfect for one full axe rotation. 22 feet for 2. 33 feet for 3 etc. etc.

I've a fair bit of space and a chainsaw to make targets out of fallen trees...

:)

There's a bar in NYC that lets you drink and throw axes

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's a bar in NYC that lets you drink and throw axes

Apparently there's a shitton of them. It's become really popular. (I'm guessing because it seems ridiculously stupid and fun - and when you actually land one it's very satisfying).

Update: I have axes but no mates. Two of the four who were coming up this weekend have been told to self-isolate. One of them probably actually has covid.

Worst thing is - I don't think my liver will take it:
I've about 110 pints of premium ale to go through between 3 of us1626116916160.png
:eek:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Apparently there's a shitton of them. It's become really popular. (I'm guessing because it seems ridiculously stupid and fun - and when you actually land one it's very satisfying).

Update: I have axes but no mates. Two of the four who were coming up this weekend have been told to self-isolate. One of them probably actually has covid.

Worst thing is - I don't think my liver will take it:
I've about 110 pints of premium ale to go through between 3 of usView attachment 44564
:eek:

Wow your house is in a much worse state than I thought. Looks like you live in a cave!
;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck sake Scouse, practice somewhere else.

Jeesus.

The police won't even take fingerprints off their primary piece of evidence and are just blanking any further investigation.

If it was a pedestrian would they investigate an attempted murder?

All too familiar - the pigs refused to investigate a cyclist being shot at from a transit van the other week despite it all being clearly on video.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom