Phones Three PAYG

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Does anyone use Three? Good signal strength? Data always reliable?

I'm thinking of moving from Giffgaff to Three.

mEhGnA.jpg

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I don't use it, but I think the point of Luxembourg is tax evasion. Billy is spooked by seeing his parents having sex and norwegian women come 2nd to Brazilian.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I moved from Vodafone payg to three in sept, as calls kept breaking up from mobile to mobile or mobile to landline plus 3 was cheaper; seems pretty good so far. Called my mum from uni with a fine signal and the call cost pence rather than pounds.

Poag

m00?
I've been using 3 for 5 years or so. Good signal in towns/cities. Once you get out into the country a bit tho its sometimes a bit flaky. Example, outside my house i get 4-5 bars. Inside the house, 1-2. But i put this down to the building mostly....

However the CS is average and Indian.

Syri

FH is my second home
I've just moved away from 3. Rubbish customer service, and outside of major towns/cities, rubbish signal most of the time. You can literally go from 3 bars to none in the distance of a small street. I wouldn't recommend them unless you only really stay in towns or cities, and you don't mind not having reliable customer service if things go wrong.
Another thing that seems to have got a lot worse lately is the download speeds. I've noticed pages coming through much slower when I've been in London, yet their tech team say all is well, so I think they may have taken on too many subscribers with their cheap deals, but don't have the network capacity to handle them all at peak times.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not had a problem with 3 ever and I've been with them for ages. Customer service is bog standard, i.e. you're going to talk to someone in India who might not understand a word you're saying.

By contrast sometimes you get someone with some common sense, last time I had to call them it was because I'd forgotten to enable my phone for international roaming whilst away on Honeymoon (for a month, big problem). The international call to 3 kept dropped out twice but when I rang the third time the guy was like "I can see you're getting disconnected so tell me what you need and if the call drops I'll complete it regardless" and blam, call drops, I'm getting frustrated, 10 seconds later the guy had obviously done the job as I get a flood of text messages ending with 3 customer support saying "Dear Sir... *waffle* has been completed". Customer service is luck of the draw.

Reception out in the sticks is varied but I find that with any mobile network.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Agree with everyone else. I get great signal most places but my office is a couple of miles into the countryside and I don't get a sniff.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Using a Swedish phone provider, Halebop. Just moved in to my new apartment and it is completely shielding off all signals from the outside.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Using a Swedish phone provider, Halebop. Just moved in to my new apartment and it is completely shielding off all signals from the outside.

I think you can complain to the company and get your contract cancelled if you can prove that that is the case. A couple of friends of mine did it when they moved and got no reception in their new place.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I think you can complain to the company and get your contract cancelled if you can prove that that is the case. A couple of friends of mine did it when they moved and got no reception in their new place.

Could do that, though, have had a bunch of people visiting, these people using different phone providers, and all have been rendered useless unless you stand on the balcony. Go go radiation shelter!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I was told a company(Forget who) is doing a £15 a month thing where you get unlimited everything, including free premium calls (which sort of goes against the name :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom