Film Threads

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People should go and watch a film called "Threads" early 80s BBC jobby, can be found in the usual places. Made my mates watch it last night, its not the usual blood and guts but nobody said a word throughout the whole film. A magnificent film which is absolutely terrifying and bears more than the odd relation to today's political climate.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
fuck no, I had to watch that at school when it first came out. Freaked me out big time, with the way USA-USSR were at the time. Quite a few girls in the class were crying.

Still remember a few scenes from it now...

Zede

Part of the furniture
indeed, disturbing to our generation.

Ye Gods, imagine if Gorbo was a wee lad when that came out ? Dooooom Guaranteed !

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
*May need to watch this when his ratio is back past 1.4*

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
fuck no, I had to watch that at school when it first came out. Freaked me out big time, with the way USA-USSR were at the time. Quite a few girls in the class were crying.

Still remember a few scenes from it now...

Same here, i was traumatised as a kid by the whole WW3 scenario, i refused to watch it and walked out of the TV room when i was told i had to. I was given detention for a week

The teacher later appologised to me, but it was about 3 months later, i always wondered if she had been told to??

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha i couldn't even watch the video in sex education of the woman having a baby...i went a lovely shade of green and hit the deck.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've got it ripped to DVD. Powerful film indeed, although its definitely a creature of its time. We don't have the threat of global thermonuclear war lingering over us these days (unlike the late 60s and during the 80s when every man & his dog were stock-piling nuclear warheads like crazy)

Laddey

FH is my second home
I have just watched this film, definatly worth the watch and a moving film. Thanks for pointing it out to me Raven.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I think the breakdown of civilisation in Threads is more terrifying than the actual breakout of hostilities. I wasn't forced to watch it, I had to plead with my parents to let me stay up and watch it... and promptly had the living shit scared out of me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom