Thread Links

Tilda

Ok a little request.
Is there any easy way to get a link for a specific post in a thread like we get in the reported posts messages?
Its not vital, but would be handy for times when someone wanted to link to a specific post on irc etc.

Tilda

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
look over to the right of the post there is a number this corresponds to the post number in each thread.

for example this shows only Clown's post.

i guessing this is what you mean

Tilda

Hovering over quite button shows nothing, just a "Reply with quote"
Miles, its kinda like that, but the mod link thing sends you to the thread and then down the acctual post, what would be great would be if a link in the box that opens could be put in that when clicked on, it took you to that post in that thread.

Tilda

Clown

Part of the furniture
It should be able to tell you the post number down at the bottom, then you can just add it to the URL at the top :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Tilda said:
Miles, its kinda like that, but the mod link thing sends you to the thread and then down the acctual post, what would be great would be if a link in the box that opens could be put in that when clicked on, it took you to that post in that thread.

Tilda

I would guess that copying the format of that link, and inserting the correct url, would do as u ask.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tilda said:
Ok a little request.
Is there any easy way to get a link for a specific post in a thread like we get in the reported posts messages?
Its not vital, but would be handy for times when someone wanted to link to a specific post on irc etc.

Tilda

Um, isnt this the link in the browser's url window?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think they wanted an easier way of putting the "#post000000" at the end of it. It only really does that automatically when you go to see the new posts in the thread button. Couldn't you adapt that #1 #2 #3 link to show the post within the thread rather than just the post itself?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tilda said:

Tilda
Take the URL from the number & chance the "post" bit before the .php to "thread" seems to work for me

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Problems?

Sorry but for some reason I can't post a new thread. :s

For some reason clicking on

New thread, Last page, entertainment and new posts links returns the error 'Malformed response from origin server'.

Is anyone else getting this? or is just me? :(

Will

/bin/su
I'm getting it too...I can't answer PM's, or post new threads, or see quite a few of the images. I assume from the lack of posts today, we aren't alone.

And Freddysmail is down too. *hassles Deebs*

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
aye. it stopped for me about 20:00 yesterday (that I noticed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom