Thoughts on Zerging, caused by population or not?

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
LoL

Tualatin said:
lol, you (thread poster) should get a clue. hibs are scared.. they only come out when they own CK. They took ck 3am in the morning, just before they were to go on a relic raid.

When they are out.. they have the biggest zerg. And Mids zerg thid too.. same as albs.

Zerging is part of the game; Massive Multiplayer.... Who cares, even if albs really stopped zerging... They would still be accused of it, because the 1337 kiddies in mid/hib can't stand losing. Or they would find something else to whine about.

This has to be the biggest load of BS I've read in a long time, thanks for the constructive post. Now go back to Counter Strike...

Diagnosis - 24 Zerker

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
This has to be the biggest load of BS I've read in a long time, thanks for the constructive post. Now go back to Counter Strike...

Diagnosis - 24 Zerker

you need to check out other BG's rather than only thid. Thid is chaotic, utter chaos.

in molvik and leirvik what he said about the hibs was spot on.

you can zerg in molvik/leirvik with just 1 FG, its just the hibs tend to be too gutless to stay in the fights, and yes this is fight talk to all you hibs that chicken out way too fast in molvik and leirvik, a flimsy pencil necked wizard caster is calling ya all yellow (theres only a few stealther/archer hibs that are regularly in molvik/leirvik the rest are yellow)

saying all that i still take my hat off to one solo aminist, who has enough balls to come to an alb tower and try and set up a shroom field, and one hib mentalist running around leirvik with a pet stun, nuking people. bar them 2 my opinion from what i've gathered through molvik and leirvik is hibs are just digitised trea hugging hippies

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
Atomic, I think you kinda missed my point. I did not intend to dis albion and claim the realm is overpowered (its not imho), I was mearly stating that mythic design of the alb classes listed makes them all somewhat FOTM. When this happens you get a surgence of peeps playing them (ie Savage syndrome). This causes a reduction in balanced thid group structure (not helped by weak support classes in alb).

Your last comment about "Mythic broke the game" totally backs up what I suggested originally, population is not the only cause.

An example:

When I play my zerker in thid, one class I hate going up against is the polearmsman, plate + spec af + high WS and damage + a snare anytime style means whatever it hits cant run and will prolly die. This is very powerfull in a thid group setup (no way I can kill support if I cant get to them).

Is this FOTM?

Not a chance, arms are so rare in thid these days. They just cant be effective solo and deffinatly cant spam pets 5 at a time that snare u and nuke harder that the caster that spawned them.

Get my point?

Diagnosis - 24 Zerker

Ok, granted, clearly I missed your point, but if you were to be honest you'd agree that initially it was hidden quite well ;)

But now I do see your point (to a certain extent), but we both know Albion classes are a diluted mix of both Midgard and Hibernia when it comes to balance between melee and magic users, I agree on face value it almost seems that Albion classes are FoTM but this is on paper/grass is greener syndrome and in reality/practice we both know 90% of the time the outcome of a hypothetical fight is going to be depending on the skill/buffs/twinked/luck/zerg/add of the two opposing teams/players.

By essence of design where online gamers are pitched between each other, there has to be a winner & loser in the outcome. This isnt a done deal depending on which realm you've chosen (although I agree at the moment with sheer numbers alone, Albion has a distinct advantage - but dont confuse strength of numbers with strength of classes), it's dependent on any of the factors I listed in bold.

I would be frustrated if I were a Mid or Hib right now, because you are playing a game of numbers, but before you start saying Albion classes are stronger on the whole, I would look back to the early days of DAoC**

**though please don't bring up Smite Clerics as I have no defense against that ;)

:D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
you need to check out other BG's rather than only thid. Thid is chaotic, utter chaos.

in molvik and leirvik what he said about the hibs was spot on.

you can zerg in molvik/leirvik with just 1 FG, its just the hibs tend to be too gutless to stay in the fights, and yes this is fight talk to all you hibs that chicken out way too fast in molvik and leirvik, a flimsy pencil necked wizard caster is calling ya all yellow (theres only a few stealther/archer hibs that are regularly in molvik/leirvik the rest are yellow)

saying all that i still take my hat off to one solo aminist, who has enough balls to come to an alb tower and try and set up a shroom field, and one hib mentalist running around leirvik with a pet stun, nuking people. bar them 2 my opinion from what i've gathered through molvik and leirvik is hibs are just digitised trea hugging hippies

Capped out on my eld a few days ago, 100% solo.

Lots of solo fights in lerivik, never saw a single fg all the time i was there, most i saw was a group of 5 mids that got killed by 2 scouts :)

Kinda wish Leirvik had a 49 cap tbh, its much more fun than rvr and difficult to just roll a toon for the BG.

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
/nod

AtomicBattleHamster said:
Ok, granted, clearly I missed your point, but if you were to be honest you'd agree that initially it was hidden quite well ;)

But now I do see your point (to a certain extent), but we both know Albion classes are a diluted mix of both Midgard and Hibernia when it comes to balance between melee and magic users, I agree on face value it almost seems that Albion classes are FoTM but this is on paper/grass is greener syndrome and in reality/practice we both know 90% of the time the outcome of a hypothetical fight is going to be depending on the skill/buffs/twinked/luck/zerg/add of the two opposing teams/players.

By essence of design where online gamers are pitched between each other, there has to be a winner & loser in the outcome. This isnt a done deal depending on which realm you've chosen (although I agree at the moment with sheer numbers alone, Albion has a distinct advantage - but dont confuse strength of numbers with strength of classes), it's dependent on any of the factors I listed in bold.

I would be frustrated if I were a Mid or Hib right now, because you are playing a game of numbers, but before you start saying Albion classes are stronger on the whole, I would look back to the early days of DAoC**

**though please don't bring up Smite Clerics as I have no defense against that ;)

:D

I agree with your post Atomic and would not suggest Albion is strongest in a million years. Albion has some strong classes with unique abilities (in thid anyway) but support is weak and therefore underplayed (unlike mids healer).

I personally hope the games designers look at Albion soon to discourage FOTM rolling and improve support.

Might play my 50 reaver again if they do :)

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
Hi,

I read a lot of comments about Alb being zergtastic in thid (have experienced it and commented on it myself). In turn, albs get a bad reputation as overpopulated noobs that cant do anything but zerg. While population may contribute I dont think its the whole problem.

The problem is that classes in some realms are overpowered when played solo, hence we see a large number of these classes (EN ZERGE) instead of balanced groups.

For example:

Hib...

No really overpowered classes in thid other that animist (and they have to stay in 1 place to be overpowered). Because of this Hibs never zerg and tend to run balanced Fg's

Mid...

Only really Bonedancer thats OP in thid I believe so we tend to get a few of these running about but not a lot at all.

Alb...

Hmmmm lets see.

Sorc - OP mezz, speed, nuke, pet - need i say more
Theurg - PET SPAM FTW!!
Scout - Crazy range and damage
Inf - 2.5 spec points, need I say more

Imho, balance alb classes and improve the alb reputation - /Debate and /Flame on.

Diagnosis - 24 Zerker

Only bd's op ? What about SM's with the cute intercept every melee hits pet :p

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Yea dark SM's in BG are pretty daamn powerful, used to duo some on mid/pryd with a runey mate for debuff (which incidentely the debuff sucked) but at least we had speed, and some awesome damage between the two of us

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom